Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #11
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,269
What the factory did and shouldn't have

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
I thought was a pitiful turning radius on my 950, that I couldn't fix easily. The 950 wanted to fall inward into a full-lock, tight slow speed turn (heavily), whereas my F800 stays quite balanced in more of a neutral weight bias during same maneuver. HF
I have to thank Geometrician for this one... You see, the factory set the steering stops out extremely far. This was probably for crating and shipping. And most dealers didn't get all the info on the bikes, so they sold them where the bike had that weird limitation in turning radius.

But that was easily figured out and the word passed on here. It was a very simple fix. A turn of a 12mm. about 5/8" in from where the factory set it.

It was like a completely different bike for steering especially at low end. Again, I feel sorry for those who haven't experienced the bike with all of these subtle changes. It's amazing.

From your post you said you have about $24K into your bike, I'd be curious on the difference the ergo's would make on that bike. As for my only putt on one...of course I didn't try any stoppies or that front end dive would have reared it head at me.