jduke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Nothing here yet, 6 pm EDT JD GA
Old 09-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #1487
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,582
Was that the last of the 30 count batches and now the rest of us are in the last (16 count) batch? Do I have it right?
Old 09-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #1488
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865

Shipping report.

Alright, if you've been following along, PayPal fixed their multi-order shipping tool about 1pm. I printed out labels just after that and I just finished tagging and bagging these 30 pieces. But unfortunately, none of the post offices around here are open later than 3pm on Saturday. Heck most of them aren't even open on Saturday.

I'll drop them in on Monday morning. In the meantime, back to work.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #1489
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post

Was that the last of the 30 count batches and now the rest of us are in the last (16 count) batch? Do I have it right?
I wish that were the case, but that was the first 30.

A parts distributor changed vendors, and the parts were different. The issue is the new plastic material used on the pop-top vials. If you back a page or two I did a little photo writeup on it.

Then there was the issue with the PayPal shipping app, and now you're current with the current happenings.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #1490
Kilo Sierra
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
PS/JJ,

Really appreciate the tenacity...I got about two-possibly three more weeks with the sturdy German mistress, so my total happiness will come in the spring.

Actually, while I am just about finished for my local riding season...I am ass-kissing in advance for the follow up products so I can have everything completely installed and dialed in when riding starts again in the frozen north.

Seriously...many kudo's for staying at it like you have.

ks
Old 09-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #1491
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo Sierra View Post
PS/JJ,

Really appreciate the tenacity...I got about two-possibly three more weeks with the sturdy German mistress, so my total happiness will come in the spring.

Actually, while I am just about finished for my local riding season...I am ass-kissing in advance for the follow up products so I can have everything completely installed and dialed in when riding starts again in the frozen north.

Seriously...many kudo's for staying at it like you have.
Well, you're welcome, and I appreciate your comments KS.

One of these here 30 is on its way to you up in Wasilla, so you have a little joy left yet.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #1492
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,590
Guys. Its worth the wait.

I finally got around to putting mine on my '99 1100GS.

Everyone has said the BMW R engines have good torque- but I never really believed it, coming from a '99 Harley EVO - with a carb that I dialed in.

However, this doodad changed my mind. A cold engine will now take off from a standstill quite nicely. No stutter stalling.
Inadvertent second gear stop & go? Not a problem. Just roll on the throttle.
Uphill stop sign? No problema.

Wheelie desired? heheheheh.

Twist & shout, baby.

Hardest part of the install is finguring where to stash the plastic pot. I just stuffed mine under the rightside lower tank bottom trim piece. I didn't even ziptie it down yet. If it take you longer than five minutes, you're thinking too hard.

Maybe its just me, but the engine even sounded better last night.

My official rating:
Old 09-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #1493
jbdesigns
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
I just got mine in the mail this week. I will put it on as soon as possible. 04 GSA awaits. I will give my report as well once I ride it a couple times.

it is a professional looking little doo dad.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #1494
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
I wish that the case, but that was the first 30.
No problemo, hang in there. Besides, South Texas prime riding weather still has a few weeks before its start.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #1495
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post

Guys. Its worth the wait.

I finally got around to putting mine on my '99 1100GS.

Everyone has said the BMW R engines have good torque- but I never really believed it, coming from a '99 Harley EVO - with a carb that I dialed in.

However, this doodad changed my mind. A cold engine will now take off from a standstill quite nicely. No stutter stalling.

Inadvertent second gear stop & go? Not a problem. Just roll on the throttle.
Uphill stop sign? No problema.

Wheelie desired? heheheheh. Twist & shout, baby.

Hardest part of the install is finguring where to stash the plastic pot. I just stuffed mine under the rightside lower tank bottom trim piece. I didn't even ziptie it down yet. If it take you longer than five minutes, you're thinking too hard.

Maybe its just me, but the engine even sounded better last night.

My official rating:
We're glad you like it, 883. And thanks for the report. That's true about the 5 minute don't-overthink-it installation!

Regarding the mounting location of the IICE Air on the 1100/1150. A good place for it is right on top of the airbox. Just ziptie it to the air temperature sensor. Don't stand it up, lay it on its side so it doesn't collect water.

There's one harness to fit all the bike models, that results in some extra harness length on the 1100/1150.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #1496
jbdesigns
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Ride Report:
Bike condition
04 GSA 1150
stock headers, remus y pipe, Akra pipe
stock air filter (haven't changed it in awhile, probably should)
Steptoe jumper trick to help with cat removal and aftermarket free flow pipe
removal of cannister thing
I do only street riding, no dirt. pilot 3 tires.
I'm fairly big, 6-4", 245+ pounds without gear
mobil 1 15-50 oil (needs changing now)
I did a valve adjust right after getting the bike a couple years ago.

Without the IICE air:
bike has always been a good runner. with the pipe mod and cat removal, I noticed a bit more pep in the bike. I like the sound of the pipe also. idle is around 1200-1250rpm. has always been fairly smooth. there is a flat spot in power at about 4100rpm-5000rpm on full throttle acceleration. I don't notice that I have any surge. running at 35mph is not super easy to do but the bike will run ok below 3000rpm if needed crusing through towns.

with the IICE air installed:
took maybe 35seconds to install this thing. pull off seat. unplug the wire from the temperature sensor. plug the IICE air into the sensor and the other wire into the wire just removed. coil wires around in a circle and lay the thingy on its side on top of the air box. put seat back on. Done! don't need to be more creative as to change the jumper just takes a minute to pop off seat and do the change.

ok, I have only rode my bike with this installed for about 15 miles today. 70F day, sunny, 800-1200 feet above seal level. only the tail bag installed. I was also not ATTGAT today for the ride.
idle seemed about the same, but maybe a little smoother. it started up just fine and maybe took a couple rotations of the crank less to get fired up. setting first tried is -20.

it felt a bit stronger around 3000rpm than before. a bit more snappy. the flat spot is still there around 4100rpm. I didn't have pinging before ever, still don't. I know this thing is really just for the acceleration part, but I really felt that the motor was more behaved running at 3000rpm going through town at about 42mph. and also steady state throttle at about 50 or so in 5th seemed extra smooth. dunno, but it felt like the motor was just a bit more composed and steady, trying to emulate a rice burner.

rolling on the throttle produced more torque feeling. not enough to feel like my front is going to come up, but it is better. maybe 20% better feeling torque. if I rolled on to full throttle acceleration from a 3000rpm in 4th or 5th gear, initially it felt stronger, but once past 3800rpm, I don't think there is a significant difference in total horsepower. like others have stated, it seems more torquey where we runn most of the time, 3000-4000rpm.

i still get popping if decelerating and not putting throttle all the way to idle. I don't mind that though, it is kind of cool to me. this thing didn't seem to change that and I guess is that it isn't suppose to. without the cat, extra fuel is going to simply backfire instead of being burned by the cat.

I do like the change though. engine seems more.... sophisticated.

at -30, it initially felt like it could have been stronger still since I have no cat. I ran it like this for a little bit and changed back to -20. in reality, right now, I think I need something like -25 I put it back to -20 for now and that still seemed good. -30 for me didn't really seem too fat like some have thought. as it cools off, I will likely go back to -30 setting.

summary, my bike which already ran pretty well for a boxer, still runs good with the IICE air but with some improvements in a few spots. I like the additional bit of extra torque at 3000rpm and I like the seemingly smoother steady state operation at 3000-4000rpm. on the highway at 75, it also felt really good and stable. why that should be when the device is only targeting the accelerating part of the operation, don't know, but I will take it.

hot restart felt like it came to life a little more agressive and quickly. like as soon as the engine started to crank, it fired up. I think before it took maybe one to 1.5 revolutions to start. now it is like maybe starting on 1/2 revolution.

I will be adding the cool product once it goes on sale.

thanks Pool for sticking with a tiresome looking assembly process to get this built.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #1497
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Man, that sucks. It is probably just a Cali thing. Here's an idea. Just send all them little buggers to Texas and I will handle distribution. No need to thank me. I'm just here to serve.
NOT A CHANCE...This Cumudgeon will lose em in a horse stall or in the back seat of his pickup
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
Old 09-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #1498
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Those 29 packages were scanned in the Pony Express about 2 hours ago.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #1499
dirtybikefrank
Beast wrestler

Oddometer: 394
Checking...

I emailed you a month or so ago letting you know that I had moved into a new home and have a new address from the one that I listed when purchasing the AIR product. Just wanted to make sure that you have the new address since the renters probably wont forward the package...

William Boone from GA.

Cheers.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 AM   #1500
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybikefrank View Post

I emailed you a month or so ago letting you know that I had moved into a new home and have a new address from the one that I listed when purchasing the AIR product. Just wanted to make sure that you have the new address since the renters probably wont forward the package...

William Boone from GA.

Cheers.
Good thing you posted here. I don't have an PM/email from dirtybikefrank/William Boone. Be sure and send it again.

Closed Thread