Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #16
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,275
With 9 posts my guess is she doesn't spend a lot of time here.
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
JetGrl OP
FJR Pilot

Oddometer: 54
I have put a plug on the speaker wires after removing them so you can plug them back in to the new jack.

I have done it for those who asked. I will do it at the same time as the mod for an additional $5.

It's not too hard since I desolder the speaker wires and remove them the ends are bare and tinned so I just solder them onto a plug, remove the old strain relief, and put the new one on.

Regards...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
JetGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #18
intr1gue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Excellent!

can you PM me your contact info so I can get mine to you as soon as they arrive? I'll be picking up a pair of G4's for myself and my wife and we'll want this mod done ASAP. Thanks!

--Ranjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetGrl View Post
I have put a plug on the speaker wires after removing them so you can plug them back in to the new jack.

I have done it for those who asked. I will do it at the same time as the mod for an additional $5.

It's not too hard since I desolder the speaker wires and remove them the ends are bare and tinned so I just solder them onto a plug, remove the old strain relief, and put the new one on.

Regards...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
intr1gue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #19
JetGrl OP
FJR Pilot

PM Sent

PM Sent...
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
Mad Kaw
purveyor of fine BS

Oddometer: 42
Thanks Eilieen! Very cool mod and a professional job to boot!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #21
ttfrank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
PM Sent
ttfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #22
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,388
Awesome mod! Thanks for the nice work and quick turn around. I'm a happy customer as is my buddy Charles.

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,077
Ever done a Q2? I have a multiset that could really use headphone jacks.

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
ttfrank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
spotless

I just received mine. This mod is a must for this equipment. My ear are protected and the sound quality has improved exponentially.

Now, I must say Eileen,s jobs is top quality. Spotless finish and she sent it back the same day..

THANK YOU EILEEN!!!
ttfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #25
Golevi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
I've done this mod now for several of the inmates here. A couple of them have posted back to the original mod posting here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=53

I have had questions about the ear buds and setup that I use. I tried using ear buds last year once and gave up on it because the buds I had pressed on the padding inside the helmet and irritated my ears. After I did this mod I got a new set of ear buds from cyclebots.com, the S-Plug ear buds. They are very soft and pliable and fit inside the ear so they don't rub or irritate your ears. I have worn them for 16 hours straight with total comfort. I also have a friend that wears them all the time, he has run in 2 Iron Butt Rallies (11 days, 11,000 miles).

The plugup.com website has a volume control extension cable that can be used as well to take care of the increase in volume when using ear buds. http://www.plugup.com/volume_control..._p/ad%20vc.htm

If you purchase the S-Plug ear buds in the 22" length (short) and use this extension to cut down the volume you can then use the G4 normally. The S-Plugs can also be found on the same website: http://www.plugup.com/the_S_plug_ear...22-3.5-4.5.htm

Eileen
Something I discovered about using the ear buds in a helmet is that they would begin hurting my ears after a while in the saddle, mostly my lower ear lobe where the wires come out; it seemed that the padding would push it into my ear lobe... Some worse than others... Now, I put the ear buds in upside down with the wire pointing up and it stays within my ear instead of pressing against my ear lobe... There is a little sliding tie (I use the 20 dollar Sony ones from Wal-Mart) that takes up slack on the wires that I slide close to the top of my head, put my helmet on then plug it into the G-4 and it is COMPLETELY pain free! I have worn them this way for up to 8 hours, and I do not even know they are there...
Just my experience...

2008 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure
Golevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #26
Britome
Get Free

Oddometer: 1,051
Are you able to do your mod on the new G9?
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
JetGrl OP
FJR Pilot

I'm working on one now. It does not have room for a jack inside the clamp but I'm seeing if I can figure a way to reliably solder on an in line jack that can be velcroed to the helmet base. The varnished wires have always been a problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy II using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #28
Britome
Get Free

Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
I'm working on one now. It does not have room for a jack inside the clamp but I'm seeing if I can figure a way to reliably solder on an in line jack that can be velcroed to the helmet base. The varnished wires have always been a problem.

Ok. Thx. Please let me know when and if you figure it out.
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #29
JetGrl OP
FJR Pilot

I have been successful in installing an inline jack on a short cable to the G9 base so earbuds may be used.

I will install the inline jack and a plug onto your speakers for $30 plus $5 retutn postage.

Send an email to Eileen.Kelleher@gmail.com for contact info to send your unit to me.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #30
aslaen
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
I have been successful in installing an inline jack on a short cable to the G9 base so earbuds may be used.

I will install the inline jack and a plug onto your speakers for $30 plus $5 retutn postage.

Send an email to Eileen.Kelleher@gmail.com for contact info to send your unit to me.

Hello, I sent an email to you, but have not heard back. Are you still doing the inline jack conversion for the g9?

Thanks...
aslaen is offline   Reply With Quote