Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
stagecoach OP
Gear Head

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
The Imola jacket was one I was hoping you might be bringing in.
I hear you swimmer, that's a great jacket.

Held has a good stake in the European apparel market, and have a large catalog to choose from - in Europe. I believe their 2011 catalog is around 360 pages, but they are mostly known as a glove maker in this country.

That model isn't imported by Held USA, but I believe I can special order the jacket for you - I will confirm that. It would be a bit of a wait, but if I you'd like to pursue that, I'm on it.

Jason

Ride Safe, Ride Smart
stagecoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #17
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post

That model isn't imported by Held USA, but I believe I can special order the jacket for you - I will confirm that. It would be a bit of a wait, but if I you'd like to pursue that, I'm on it.

Jason

Ride Safe, Ride Smart
PM sent
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #18
stagecoach OP
Gear Head

Installment 2 - Amarillo jacket and Pezzo pants

The Held Amarillo jacket and Pezzo pant, part of the Quattrotempi Gore-Tex line.

The Amarillo jacket and Pezzo pants are sold as separate pieces, purchase of either includes an accompanying Gor-Tex Paclite shell which can be attached inside as a liner or worn over the garment as a rain suit. Together, they are the lightest and most breathable of the three Quattrotempi suits, this combination is Held’s warm weather waterproof suit. Color options are the grey/black pictured here, and all-black.

The outer shell of the jacket and pant is constructed of 500D perforated Cordura through the body, and 500D Ripstop Cordura for abrasion resistance in the traditional contact areas. On the jacket, that means the shoulders, outside of collar, down the outside of sleeves and lower back are Ripstop. On the pants, the knees, back of the calves, crotch and seat. Superfabric is used for additional abrasion resistance at the elbows and knees. The pants also have an anti-slip seat patch made of Pittards leather*. There are 3 zippered pockets on the outside - 2 hand warmer types, and 1 on the left chest.

(Gear Geek note: Pittards leather is the hide of a “Hairsheep” , which is a cross between a sheep and a goat only found in the mountains of some African countries. The hide is soft and comfortable, like goatskin, but more dense and hardwearing. This leather is 30% more resistant to tearing and abrasion than cowhide of the same thickness.)

Below, detail near the collar. note the sparkplug zipper pull. The grey fabric is 500 Denier perforated Cordura

Below, Superfabric reinforcement on elbow (pic on left), and knee (pic on right)

Below, seat is reinforced with 500 Denier Cordura and Pittards leather anti-slip seat pad. Note buttons at waistband for attaching optional braces/suspenders, and full-circumference zipper for joining jacket to pants

Inside the jacket, warm weather comfort is improved by the Coolmax mesh liner, and 3D air mesh panels. Other interior details include 3 interior pockets and a cell phone pouch, a removable kidney belt, and a full-circumference jacket/pant connection zipper (including a removable stretchy spacer strip to accommodate a forward- lean position). The elbow and shoulder protection are a unique-to-Held “cloverleaf” design of CE Level 1spec SaS-Tec armor. The back comes with removable Temperfoam “padding” which can be upgraded to a 3-segment CE Level 2 “cloverleaf” SaS-Tec back protector. The 3 segments include a back protector, coccyx (tailbone) protector, and neck protector. (The coccyx protector may be placed in either the jacket or pant, giving versatility to mix and match garments while retaining the same level of protection.)

Interior of Amarillo jacket

Integral kidney belt, which can be removed simply by unzipping each side

3 pockets for back protection. Will accommodate a cloverleaf SaS-Tec neck protector, back protector, and coccyx (tailbone) protector. Last photo shows pocket in pants for coccyx protector

(Gear Geek note: It’s important to note that the Temperfoam that ships with the jacket is not considered back protection, just padding. To be an approved back protector, the armor must comply with EN 1621-2 certification, which allows for no more than 18Kn of force to be transmitted through the protector from a 50J impact. That standard is twice the rating needed for elbow, shoulder, or knee armor, which needs to comply with EN 1621-1 calling for no more than 35Kn of transmitted force from the same impact.)

Fit can be dialed in with the velcro dual arm adjusters. Wrist closure is by zipper with a velcro strap adjuster.

Waist adjuster. Nice touch backing the loop with velcro. It's the numerous tiny details like this that make such a nicely finished product

The Pezzo pant is constructed much the same as the Amarillo jacket. Features to note are the Superfabric reinforced knees and Pittards leather seat pad mentioned earlier. Protection includes cloverleaf SaS-Tec knee armor, and Temperfoam padded hip which can be upgraded to cloverleaf SaS-Tec armor. Leg zipper extends 15" up the inside of the calf to make entry easier.

Below, Pezzo pant. Superfabric on knee.

2 zippered slash pockets, and a zippered pocket on left thigh

Waist closure by hook and snap

The gold and red band inside the waist covers the full-circumference zipper when not in use.

The Gore-Tex Paclite waterproof shell pieces that are included with the jacket and pants can also be purchased separately as the Arso jacket and Sarone pant. These can be worn fastened inside the Amarillo/Pezzo suit as a liner, or on the outside as a rain suit. The Paclite suit can also be worn as a stand alone rain suit, adding to the versatility of the suit and freeing up luggage space when on a road trip/camping (one less thing to carry). Features include a stow-away hood, thin enough to wear under your helmet preventing the dreaded drip down your neck.

The Arso Gore-Tex Paclite jacket that comes with the Amarillo jacket. Hood stows into collar. May be used as a liner or rain jacket outside the Amarilllo. Middle photo shows the bungee loops for buttoning the Arso into the Amarillo. Pocket detail

Wrist closure by zipper and velcro strap

The Sarone Gore-Tex Paclite pant that comes with the Pezzo pant.

3M Scotchlite is used on all four garments for conspicuity.

Amarillo jacket and Pezzo pants. far right, bottom of pant leg

Arso Gore-Tex Paclite jacket

Side of Sarone Gore-Tex Paclite pant

Thanks for reading!
Next installment, the Carese jacket and Torno Pants

stagecoach screwed with this post 09-17-2011 at 09:32 AM
Old 09-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #19
stagecoach OP
Gear Head

Quote:
PM sent
PM answered!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #20
stagecoach OP
Gear Head

swimmer, PM sent
Old 09-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #21
swimmer
armchair asshole

Jason, for the Amarillo jacket and Pezzo pants do the liners zip together at the waist. I see (I think) in your pictures a waist zipper on the pant liner. Are Pezzo pants available in black also? I've seen the jacket in black but not the pants.
Thanks
Old 09-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #22
stagecoach OP
Gear Head

Thumb

Hi swimmer,

Yes, the liners can zip together. What you see in the photo are two zippers around the waist of the liner, one to zipper into the Pezzo pants, and the other can attach to the jacket liner. Both the Amarillo jacket and Pezzo pants are available in either the grey/black shown in the photos, or in all black.

Thanks for the question

Jason
Ride Safe, Ride Smart

Quote:
Jason, for the Amarillo jacket and Pezzo pants do the liners zip together at the waist. I see (I think) in your pictures a waist zipper on the pant liner. Are Pezzo pants available in black also? I've seen the jacket in black but not the pants.
Thanks
Old 09-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #23
stagecoach OP
Gear Head

Thumb Carese jacket and Torno pants

The Held Carese Gore-Tex jacket and Torno Gore-Tex pants, part of the Held Quattrotempi Gore-Tex line

This is Held’s adventure touring suit, made out of 500 Denier Cordura with Superfabric reinforcement at the shoulders, and lots of available venting. This is a full-coverage, protective suit that feels very light, soft and comfortable.

As I wrote in an earlier post, each of the three Quattrotempi suits achieves its Gore waterproof rating using a different method. Both the Carese jacket and Torno pants use a removable Gore-Tex Performance Shell LTD System liner. With the liner in, the suit is Gore certified 100% waterproof, liner out, it is no longer waterproof. So what’s the reasoning behind having the waterproofing in the liner and not the shell? With the liner removed, you can take advantage of the numerous vents, and this set-up becomes very comfortable into higher temperatures or during high exertion, rugged terrain riding. This suit, paired with a good mid-layer or heated liner could take you year-round in most all climates. The Gore-Tex liner zips into place at the body of the jacket, wrists, and waist and ankle of the pant, making it snag-free when pulling arms and legs out of the suit. The jacket liner can be stored in a pocket on the back, under the belt line. Jacket and pants can be connected with a 3/4-circumference zipper. Pockets on the front of the jacket are waterproof. The Torno pants are set up with sturdy buttons at the waist for attaching the optional suspenders/braces.

Protection
The Carese jacket uses cloverleaf SaS-Tec armor in the shoulders and elbows (EN 1621-1 CE level 1 certified), and a Temperfoam back pad which is upgradeable to the cloverleaf SaS-Tec back protector (EN 1621-2 CE level 2 certified). Additional protection from doubled material at the elbows, and Superfabric panels on the shoulders for excellent abrasion and puncture resistance (see Geek note in earlier post for a definition of Superfabric).

The Torno pants have a cloverleaf SaS-Tec CE level 1 protector and doubled material at the knee, and ship with Temperfoam hip pads which can be upgraded to a coverleaf SaS-Tec piece. A cloverleaf SaS-Tec coccyx (tailbone) protector can be worn in a pocket shown in the photo above. For tank and seat grip there are Pittards leather patches on the seat of the pants, and at the inside of the knee.

Carese jacket venting
Taking a look at the venting, you’ll see 8 total air-vent zippers.
There are 2-way zippers starting at the wrist, continuing up the inner arm and down the side of the ribcage. That total zipper run is segmented into shorter zippers for the sake of safety and the structural integrity of the sleeve.

There are square chest panels that unzip on two sides and fold back to allow air flow. Those panels are secured open by strong rare earth magnets either folded back to the outside or folded up inside. Just below those panels are zippered pockets that can be left open to act as additional vents.

There is a vent running horizontally between the shoulder blades, and vents from the shoulder blade down on either side. There is also a vent on the back of the upper arm.

The most unique venting on the Carese jacket has to be at the main zipper. In warmer weather riding, you can fold back the panels covering the main zipper (secured back by magnets) to expose a mesh strip on either side of the main zipper.

To aid cooling, there's also a Coolmax mesh lining.

Torno pant venting
The Torno pant has a similar level of venting. The cargo pocket on the side of the leg can be unzipped and folded back like the chest panel of the Carese jacket. There is also a zippered vent just in front of that pocket which acts as an air scoop when open. The calf has venting by way of a two-way zipper and mesh panel at the usual leg opening (see photo).

Adjustability

The fit of the Carese jacket can be adjusted by velcro straps on either side of the waist, and dual arm straps to control flap.
The Torno pants have a velcro waist adjuster on each side, just above the full-circumference jacket-pant connecting zipper.

Thanks for reading!

Next up, the top-of-the-line Cardona jacket and Frontino pants

Ride Safe, Ride Smart,
Jason
Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #24
klogger
John Sawyer

Oddometer: 67
Gear

Great looking suits, see you as soon as it stops raining.
klogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #25
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,039
...nice looking gear.
Where is HELD stuff made now?
Love my 11 year old Steves.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #26
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
...nice looking gear.
Speaking only to the Quattrotempi line of Held’s apparel it’s made in Vietnam. I asked this question to Held USA when I was searching for gear not made in China.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #27
stagecoach OP
Gear Head

Quote:
Speaking only to the Quattrotempi line of Held’s apparel it’s made in Vietnam. I asked this question to Held USA when I was searching for gear not made in China.
Swimmer, you beat me to the punch and you're quite right, made in Vietnam.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #28
stagecoach OP
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
...nice looking gear.
RD, the Held glove line is made in different places depending on manufacturing methods. The Steves, Freezers, their race gloves and Namibs are still made in Hungary (some top range racing gloves are made in Germany). The laminated Gore X-Trafit materials used in the Warm and Dry neccessitate using a Gore certified factory, in their case, China.
Klīm rider wear is stuck having to use Chinese Gore factories to achieve their "Gauranteed to Keep You Dry" Gore-Tex rating. Tough for a company that prides themselves on being an Idaho based all-American firm.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #29
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post
Klīm rider wear is stuck having to use Chinese Gore factories to achieve their "Gauranteed to Keep You Dry" Gore-Tex rating. Tough for a company that prides themselves on being an Idaho based all-American firm.
There are other countries such as where this Held gear is made and another country where my other brand Gore-tex pants are made that carry the same guarantee that also have Gore factories. China is a choice for Klim.

The Amarillo jacket is looking tempting now that it's starting to warm up.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #30
pilsbury
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Talking

Hi Stagecoach,

I am seriously considering the purchase of the Held Cardona jacket shown in these pictures. Can you provide some advice on this jacket compared to other gore tex pro shell jackets in terms of its performance, comfort, quality etc???

Regards
pilsbury is offline   Reply With Quote