Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #31
bumblebee1
All bikes are dirt bikes

Oddometer: 1,431
What's the difference between riding three bikes wide on a 55 mph road or just driving a cage at a pleasant 15 mph.
I should be able to drive at the speed I want, regardless of what others think.
The leaves are beautiful this time of year and sometimes I slow down from 15 miles per hour to about 7 to get a better view.
Is there anything wrong with that?
Oh, and I slow down when climbing hills too. It saves on gas.
Actually, we get together with a few cages, ride a nice parkway in the mountains at that speed.
It's like our own parade...and it's legal.

Are we getting the picture here?
It frustrates the hell out of everybody else.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #32
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
Now that's funny...
Your a Douche! Anyone who intentionally does shit like that will kill a dog for fun and beat women and children. If saw something like that I would follow that punk bitch till he stopped and beat his and your ass! And I hate those dick wad bicycle riding dip shits but I respect there right to do dumb shit like ride a bike up a narrow mountain rd. Just like when I am on my Motorcycle I have the right to ride without being hassled by some redneck douche nozzle in a POS Dodge. I generally do not care much about any healthy adult until I see someone bigger or or with more power Finacial or political taking advantage of or messing with the little guy. In this case its the dummies on bicycles.

car94 screwed with this post 10-13-2011 at 07:14 AM
car94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #33
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
Your a Douche! Anyone who inentionally does shit like that will kill a dog for fun and beat women and children. If saw something like that I would follow that punk bitch till he stopped and beat his and your ass! And I hate those dick wad bicycle riding dip shits but I respect there right to do dumb shit like ride a bike up a narrow mountain rd. Just like when I am on my Motorcycle I have the right to ride without being hassled by some redneck douche nozzle in a POS Dodge. I generally do not care much about any healthy adult until I see someone bigger or or with more power Finacial or political taking advantage of or messing with the little guy. In this case its the dummies on bicycles.

Wow how is exhaust fumes even remotely the same as killing a dog for fun?? Their actions warrant no more than a flip off.....Lighten up you'll live longer...
Offcamber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #34
car94
What's this Box for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee1 View Post
What's the difference between riding three bikes wide on a 55 mph road or just driving a cage at a pleasant 15 mph.
I should be able to drive at the speed I want, regardless of what others think.
The leaves are beautiful this time of year and sometimes I slow down from 15 miles per hour to about 7 to get a better view.
Is there anything wrong with that?
Oh, and I slow down when climbing hills too. It saves on gas.< Wrong Wrong Wrong Constant speed saves gas every study in the world proves that over and over!:headbash:
Actually, we get together with a few cages, ride a nice parkway in the mountains at that speed.
It's like our own parade...and it's legal. Not if you are impeding the flow of traffic

Are we getting the picture here?
It frustrates the hell out of everybody else.
No problem Just get the hell out of the way of the people who do not have the time to slow down to look at leaves, there are laws in all states about impeding the flow of traffic even if you going the speed limit in the passing lane. That's why the sign says slower traffic move over or move right! It does not say move over if you are going slower than the speed limit but stay in the fast lane if you are going the speed limit.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #35
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,979
Why do so many believe that others must get out of their way? Where does this inflated sense of worth come from? They're usually the first to cry foul when not getting their way yet in other circumstances fuck everyone else. Enjoy the heart attacks and strokes.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #36
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
Why do so many believe that others must get out of their way? Where does this inflated sense of worth come from? They're usually the first to cry foul when not getting their way yet in other circumstances fuck everyone else. Enjoy the heart attacks and strokes.
I already asked that and I got flipped off

Problem is, no one knows why they're the nicest people with their feet planted on Terra Firma, but as soon as they're in/on a moving object they're the most important person on the planet and hate everyone else. There's some good theories about it, but you try to ask someone, sitting next to them when they behave idiotic in traffic why they don't calm the hell down they'll get this self-righteous look on their face and gibberish starts flowing out their mouths.
Very weird and pathetically sad.

Offblnz screwed with this post 10-13-2011 at 07:28 AM
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #37
car94
What's this Box for?

Quote:
Wow how is exhaust fumes even remotely the same as killing a dog for fun?? Their actions warrant no more than a flip off.....Lighten up you'll live longer...
Whoever was driving that truck and the idiot filming are intentionally inflicting harm on another human being whether its exhaust fumes or torture its the same principal. When it comes to hurting innocent people or animals I get very irrate and my sympathy for the perpetraitor goes out the window. All the studies in the world show that this kind of behavior only escalates to more and more violent behavior. The driver and his passenger are future serial killers unless they are stopped.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #38
car94
What's this Box for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
Its not an inflated sense of worth, I pay the same taxes as the rest of the people and should be able to travel at the speed limit determined to be safe by the DOT, without being impeaded by someone who is looking at leaves. Why do people who are sightseing think that everyone should be doing what they are doing where does your inflated sense of worth come from??
Old 10-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #39
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,681
Quote:
Whoever was driving that truck and the idiot filming are intentionally inflicting harm on another human being whether its exhaust fumes or torture its the same principal. When it comes to hurting innocent people or animals I get very irrate and my sympathy for the perpetraitor goes out the window. All the studies in the world show that this kind of behavior only escalates to more and more violent behavior. The driver and his passenger are future serial killers unless they are stopped.

I think your reaching...but whatever everyone is entitled to an opinion....
Offcamber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #40
car94
What's this Box for?

Quote:
I think your reaching.< YEP..but whatever everyone is entitled to an opinion< and a un-molested bycycle ride....
Have A Good Day
Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #41
bumblebee1
All bikes are dirt bikes

Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
No problem Just get the hell out of the way of the people who do not have the time to slow down to look at leaves, there are laws in all states about impeding the flow of traffic even if you going the speed limit in the passing lane. That's why the sign says slower traffic move over or move right! It does not say move over if you are going slower than the speed limit but stay in the fast lane if you are going the speed limit.
Are you the only one who didn't get this?
Here's a little help:

sarcasm
A tongue of which the user speaks of something the complete opposite of what the user means.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #42
rgoers
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Since I have yet to see a single bicyclist that actually follows the laws while road-riding ; I'd be inclined to say "get as close as you can, and try to knock them over into the ditch, trees, guard-rail, whatever..." The fewer of these asses on the road, the better!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #43
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,889
A couple of days ago, I saw one nearly cause a wreck as traffic piled up behind him and cars were getting edgey tying to get around. The fucked up part is that this dim-wit was riding in the road parrallel to a very nice bike path that the taxpayers had provided for him.

I seriously am going to just drive behind the next one of these idiots forever (or until HE pulls into the bike lane).
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #44
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer

Oddometer: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanzed View Post
Where the fuck are you going in such a hurry? Sheesh!
we have to get to work on time.

you gotta hustle when the rest of the world is riding on your economic coat tails.

LittleRedToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #45
Tall Man
Freelancer

Oddometer: 987
How was that Cummins driver able to dump smoke on demand?
Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote