Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #16
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBob View Post

I have put my hand down there while riding and doesn't seem to get hot at all - maybe there is enough air coming around from the sides?
You're on to something right there. It pretty much doesn't matter where the sensor is when the bike is moving. I mean, don't strap it down to the oil cooler line, you know? When the bike is moving, even a few miles per hour, every location where there's room for a temp sensor is at ambient temperature.

It also doesn't matter where the sensor is located when the bike is standing still. Everyplace on the bike is hot when standing still. Radiant heating and convective heating, hot hot hot. But once you get moving again, everything cools right off.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
TBob
Offroad Fab Guy

Oddometer: 693
Yep you are correct here is what Jens reply was.

"
Yes, position is excellent.

Most people worry too much about this and want to have the sensor installed so it can look forward like the head lamp. No need for that, you followed the two basic rules, (No influence from engine heat, and a "some" air exchange, so you'll bee fine with the location you picked.

Best regards.
Jens Lyck

BoosterPlug.com
Lillemark 17
4990 Sakskøbing
Denmark

Mail: jens@boosterplug.com
Web: www.boosterplug.com"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
You're on to something right there. It pretty much doesn't matter where the sensor is when the bike is moving. I mean, don't strap it down to the oil cooler line, you know? When the bike is moving, even a few miles per hour, every location where there's room for a temp sensor is at ambient temperature.

It also doesn't matter where the sensor is located when the bike is standing still. Everyplace on the bike is hot when standing still. Radiant heating and convective heating, hot hot hot. But once you get moving again, everything cools right off.

Garden of Eden, the Sierra Club would have.
TBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #18
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,750
Quote:

I have put my hand down there while riding and doesn't seem to get hot at all - maybe there is enough air coming around from the sides? I've emailed Jens with a pic to see if that is an ok spot for it - we'll see what he says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

Quote:

Yep you are correct here is what Jens [from BoosterPlug] reply was.

"Yes, position is excellent. Most people worry too much about this and want to have the sensor installed so it can look forward like the head lamp. No need for that, you followed the two basic rules, (No influence from engine heat, and a "some" air exchange, so you'll bee fine with the location you picked."

Jens Lyck
BoosterPlug.com
Looks like we're all on the same page regarding sensor location.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote