ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #1081
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
I've tried that theory, but it doesn't always work for me.

Some guys post lots of "action" shots.

.......MortimerSickle...?
He posts the after-the-action shots
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #1082
JamesAndrew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
Saturdays ride, something a little differnt

Allan, After viewing your slide show, I am even more depressed that I missed the ride Saturday!! Look like you had a great time.
JamesAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #1083
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Joe View Post
I ment no offence to anyone. I do tend to have a big mouth and took it too far I'm sure. I will try to behave better in the future. Katie I would welcome your support in getting Donell (my best friend) to ride with me.

My name is Joe and I can be kinda slow.
Naah...was all in good fun, surely nobody is offended. When things gets that quiet it must be right around the time that people leave their jobs and head on home....I was definetely done making calls and having to wait while "on hold"-fooling around on the computer as I wait.Hopefully Donell knows that she will have all the support of everyone when she takes up riding!

BSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #1084
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,517
Quote:
I ment no offence to anyone. I do tend to have a big mouth and took it too far I'm sure. I will try to behave better in the future. Katie I would welcome your support in getting Donell (my best friend) to ride with me.

My name is Joe and I can be kinda slow.
Joe, my man, you are slow . . . . < < < < - - - - indicates kidding. There's a lot of kidding that goes on.

Here's some tips on getting your wife riding:
1. Go shopping for a bike for her, one that fits, one she likes, color might even be important and if it is consider it, and most important one she feels comfortable on. (No hand me downs so you can get a shiny new bike - Ask Jeff and Shelly how well her getting Jeff's hand me down worked )

2. Once she's excited about a bike consider a class. PSSOR has some great classes. Both NoPo and I went to their Adventure Camp and it was great. It was a bit spendy but worth every cent. They have less expensive one day classes and they even do classes for groups. Maybe all the gals in the area would like to schedule a private class just for them. Check out their website: Click the linky - - ->PSSOR If she knows how to ride at all the intermediate class would be good if she doesn't know how to ride go for a beginner class.

3. When all that is done start taking her out for rides.

Here's the thread from the All Women's Adventure Camp, it was a blast. Show this to your wife: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551769&page=30
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #1085
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Joe, my man, you are slow . . . . < < < < - - - - indicates kidding. There's a lot of kidding that goes on.

1. Go shopping for a bike for her, one that fits, one she likes, color might even be important and if it is consider it, and most important one she feels comfortable on. (No hand me downs so you can get a shiny new bike - Ask Jeff and Shelly how well her getting Jeff's hand me down worked )

2. Once she's excited about a bike consider a class. PSSOR has some great classes. Both NoPo and I went to their Adventure Camp and it was great. It was a bit spendy but worth every cent. They have less expensive one day classes and they even do classes for groups. Maybe all the gals in the area would like to schedule a private class just for them. Check out their website: Click the linky - - ->PSSOR If she knows how to ride at all the intermediate class would be good if she doesn't know how to ride go for a beginner class.

Here's the thread from the All Women's Adventure Camp, it was a blast. Show this to your wife: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551769&page=30

And while the girls are doing their adventure camp the boys get to play alone. It's the boys only adventure camp. Really it's a drunken stuper, ride during the day, drink at night, wait for girls to get done camp. FUN

Just cause I'm wrong, don't make you right / Needtobreathe
Our OBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712724
Our UTBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816500
asrvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #1086
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Adventure camp

...chiming in on that Adventure Camp: let Donell know that I am tossing around going to that camp as well to learn how it's really done!
I'd love to go with her!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #1087
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,874
Here are some actual pics from Sat.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #1088
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Pics

Niiiice.....

Old 10-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #1089
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:

4. Ride every weekend with her like you did the guys and she'll really improve! I'm extremely impressed by Matloik. He's all about what he and Suzi sp? are riding next weekend, follow his example!! He's made my hero list!
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #1090
Craig McCurdy
BIGMAC

Oddometer: 1,412
Hay Jeff,
Where is the photo with the green gate & road closed sign? And it has snow road markers I just can't remember seeing it anywhere...
Craig McCurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #1091
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Quote:
Yep. It's GOTTA be HER bike. It might be silly, but color IS important.
She likely wants to pick it out, with your advice. And, your KLR is too big for a beginner to enjoy.
My brainy idea of Mustangshelly enjoying riding my old Shadow? WRONG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2rydktms View Post
4. Ride every weekend with her like you did the guys and she'll really improve! I'm extremely impressed by Matloik. He's all about what he and Suzi sp? are riding next weekend, follow his example!! He's made my hero list!
Yep, he's a great encouragement for her to ride. And HE tried to get her to ride his DR350.
Worked about as well as we've been discussing here ^^^^^......
She has her own pretty green KLX250, now
And if her consistent smiles are any indicator, it's all working out quite well.
(BTW, I see him spell it "Susi"...)
Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 AM   #1092
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrvivor View Post
And while the girls are doing their adventure camp the boys get to play alone. It's the boys only adventure camp. Really it's a drunken stuper, ride during the day, drink at night, wait for girls to get done camp. FUN

But, asrvivor.......don't let out any more secrets on this thread, now, ya hear?
(Pssst. They are no longer secrets after Mustang shelly READS them )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig McCurdy View Post
Hay Jeff,
Where is the photo with the green gate & road closed sign? And it has snow road markers I just can't remember seeing it anywhere...
That's a brand new gate at the top of the road into Badger Wilderness that leads up to Flag Point Lookout.
We didn't walk the 1/2 mile to the lookout, we knew the cloudy sky would not justify the effort for the lack of view that day.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #1093
Slow Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Okay

I was getting some feed back that I was nearing the edge, hence the preemptive appology.

As far as Donell and her motorcycle goes, it is hers to choose. I will make suggestions as for as reliability and performance between the motorcycles that interest her. I will not push her to the KLR. If she asks to ride it I will do what ever it takes to accomodate her. Riding with Donell I will never push her to do anything but lead her anywhere she is comfortable going.

As far as my riding goes I find I am quickly returning to my old ways of riding and need something other than a KLR. It is fine to run around town but seriously limiting as soon as I leave the pavement. My riding style hasn't matured near as much as I thought it had.

I'm still here, I'm still,

SLOW Joe
Old 10-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #1094
taranaki
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Oddometer: 1,278
Quote:
I was getting some feed back that I was nearing the edge, hence the preemptive appology.

As far as Donell and her motorcycle goes, it is hers to choose. I will make suggestions as for as reliability and performance between the motorcycles that interest her. I will not push her to the KLR. If she asks to ride it I will do what ever it takes to accomodate her. Riding with Donell I will never push her to do anything but lead her anywhere she is comfortable going.

As far as my riding goes I find I am quickly returning to my old ways of riding and need something other than a KLR. It is fine to run around town but seriously limiting as soon as I leave the pavement. My riding style hasn't matured near as much as I thought it had.

I'm still here, I'm still,

SLOW Joe

Glad to hear that you're still SLOW Joe and by no means allow your riding style to 'mature' . How much fun would that be?

If you were on the compact side the fine legs of a WR or KLX would do, but I'm guessing that orange will one day glow in your garage?

I wish I were set up to ride the other side of the Sagebrush Curtain with you fooks on Saturday.

taranaki screwed with this post 10-26-2011 at 10:01 AM
taranaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #1095
Slow Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Guess I need a new mirror

You mean I'm not "compact"? I WANT a 250lb XR650R with turn signals. Anybody got a magic wand?

SLOW Joe