ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #61
seth
Adventurer
 
seth's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: South East Pa.
Oddometer: 20
Great succsess

Got my rebuild kit in the mail two days ago, spent a couple of hours yesterday following the instructions and now I have a chatter free bike!! Thanks again to cat dan for offering this product
seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #62
Dan Căta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dan Căta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Cluj, Romania
Oddometer: 1,564
Great.

Dan
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:29 AM   #63
mac beemer
just a lil vibration
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: kent county
Oddometer: 1
r1100rt 11/1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Căta View Post
I can re-haul intakes for all 1100 an 1150 BMW boxer motorcycles.


After using the bike for a few years, the spindle and the intake bushings get worn, resulting in the spindle play, resulting in that annoing rattle and may leading to bike surging.


I can fix your intake if you send it over or I cand send you a complete rebuild kit and do the work yourself.



A kit contains:
  • a new splindle(shaft);
  • necessary bushings;
  • set of complete o-rings;
Having the intake full repaired is just like having a new one, but at a fraction of a cost.


Just contact me specifying what bike model do you have and the manufacture year.







The price is 60$ + shipping.



Dan.
dan this mac from kent county england. my friend you could be my hero if you send me an email with details of getting two of your throttle kits as mine seems to be rattling on both sides will a hundred and fifty dollers cover the whole deal.look forward to a reply..thanks dan should be more people like you out there
mac beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #64
Dan Căta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dan Căta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Cluj, Romania
Oddometer: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac beemer View Post
dan this mac from kent county england. my friend you could be my hero if you send me an email with details of getting two of your throttle kits as mine seems to be rattling on both sides will a hundred and fifty dollers cover the whole deal.look forward to a reply..thanks dan should be more people like you out there
Email sent.

Dan.
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 AM   #65
MrRush
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: North Wales, UK
Oddometer: 1
Kit for me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Căta View Post
I can re-haul intakes for all 1100 an 1150 BMW boxer motorcycles.


After using the bike for a few years, the spindle and the intake bushings get worn, resulting in the spindle play, resulting in that annoing rattle and may leading to bike surging.


I can fix your intake if you send it over or I cand send you a complete rebuild kit and do the work yourself.


A kit contains:
  • a new splindle(shaft);
  • necessary bushings;
  • set of complete o-rings;
Having the intake full repaired is just like having a new one, but at a fraction of a cost.


Just contact me specifying what bike model do you have and the manufacture year.







The price is 60$ + shipping.



Dan.
Hi Dan
I've got a 2001 1150 GS which is in need of a TB Kit for both sides. If you don't mind, can you email me the current price for the kit, also any contact info and payment instructions. My email is les@themassageshed.co.uk
Thanks in advance
MrRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:40 AM   #66
Dan Căta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dan Căta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Cluj, Romania
Oddometer: 1,564
Hi all,

As per the last shipment and from now on, I will also put in the kits the small screws that hold the plate, along with the nuts.

After you screw them in and tighten the nuts, please punch the end of the screws with a chisel or something close to it, in a "+" pattern, just for safety so the nuts would not fall inside the TB.

It's very important that you put something to hold resistance on the other end of the screw when you punch it, otherwise the shaft might bend!

And I would really appreciate some reviews from the riders I have already sent them to.

Thanks,
Dan.

Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #67
Ron from BC
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ron from BC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver Island
Oddometer: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Căta View Post
Hi all,

As per the last shipment and from now on, I will also put in the kits the small screws that hold the plate, along with the nuts.

After you screw them in and tighten the nuts, please punch the end of the screws with a chisel or something close to it, in a "+" pattern, just for safety so the nuts would not fall inside the TB.

It's very important that you put something to hold resistance on the other end of the screw when you punch it, otherwise the shaft might bend!

And I would really appreciate some reviews from the riders I have already sent them to.

Thanks,
Dan.


Any chance you could post a picture showing the plate etc that you're referring to? Being an amateur I don't want to make any mistakes....

Thanks Dan
__________________
'02 BMW R1150 GSA
'06 Kawasaki KL250H Super Sherpa
Ron from BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #68
Dan Căta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dan Căta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Cluj, Romania
Oddometer: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from BC View Post
Any chance you could post a picture showing the plate etc that you're referring to? Being an amateur I don't want to make any mistakes....

Thanks Dan
Hi Ron,

It's the throttle plate I am talking about





After you insert it in the shaft and move the pulley a couple of times until it is centered, put the screws in the kit inside the shaft and tighten them. Then secure them with the nuts and then you punch the end of the screws in the "+" pattern, to make sure the nuts would not come off because of the vibration or anything. They should not come off anyway, but just as a safety measure...

Dan.
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:08 AM   #69
lorens_olivie
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Oddometer: 8
Halo Dan. I'm Olivier from Athens Greece

I have a 850 GS in the need for a kit for the left side. Could you please sent me an email with pricing in euros for the kit and shipping and payment instructions.

My mail is lorensolivie@hotmail.com

I think this throttle body o the bike was changed with one fro a 1100 GS, but they are the same right? So it's the same kit from you.?

Thanks in advance.
lorens_olivie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #70
Dan Căta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dan Căta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Cluj, Romania
Oddometer: 1,564
Hi Oliver,

Sent you the email.

Ty,
Dan.
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:32 AM   #71
Blasterwizard
Adventurer
 
Blasterwizard's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Spain
Oddometer: 17
Threadlocker

Hi Dan, could be good enought some threadlocker in the nut?
Blasterwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:33 AM   #72
Dan Căta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dan Căta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Cluj, Romania
Oddometer: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasterwizard View Post
Hi Dan, could be good enought some threadlocker in the nut?
I would not use that because it might wash away from gas or maybe it could harm the O2 sensor. That's why I thought the nut and the punch in the screw would work best.

Dan.
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:26 AM   #73
Ron from BC
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ron from BC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver Island
Oddometer: 1,311
Plate Set Screws

Dan,

Thanks for the follow up info and pictures......

Ron
__________________
'02 BMW R1150 GSA
'06 Kawasaki KL250H Super Sherpa
Ron from BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #74
DDT Rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kanagawa, Japan
Oddometer: 473
Is it ugly getting the throttle bodies totally removed to do this "procedure"?
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #75
Dan Căta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dan Căta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Cluj, Romania
Oddometer: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT Rider View Post
Is it ugly getting the throttle bodies totally removed to do this "procedure"?
Again, I am not receiving email notifications from this topic :|

Don't know what you mean by ugly, actually I enjoy rebuilding them :) It's mot that hard, no need for expensive tools, just a little time consuming if you do it for the first time.

I guess the hardest part is to take off the old bushings out, but as I have found, it's very easy if you use a screw tap or a extractor bit from the kit of broken screws extractors, or anything else conical that has a thread on it.


Dan.
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014