ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #61
grizz47
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Tag

hppyfngy,
I must have just bearly Bruced you if that counts for anything. SeeDoo and I took a short ride from Buck Mountain Ford to a spot that once cost a price for admition. Altough it is now free you no longer get full use. The road we found looks like it hasn't been maintained since Sherman was a boy. It has a name and a number. Another way of saying the number might be 8:54. As to the name, well there is a gap in my memory. Could be due to the leaves changing from the lush green hues of summer. Perhaps I've stonewalled you long enough. Go 1.5 miles past the bridge and look at the base of tree, under one of the many "Posted" signs you will see along the route. Stay on the road and you can ignore these signs. You will find SeeDoo looking at the high tension lines overhead.
I'll now try to attach some pics.
Not having luck with the pics. Will post this and try again with photos
grizz47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #62
grizz47
Adventurer

Re: Tag

Pics for See Do
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #63
hppyfngy
not dead yet

Oddometer: 4,046
You guys and gals, you have to do better with these pictures.

You need one shot of the grab with your bike in it, one shot of your tag with your bike in it and at least one shot of where the cache is stashed, or one heckuva good description.

Cute clues grizz47 but pictures need a lot of work...

How To Post An Image

If you have any questions, pm me.

'13 KLR650 ~ For Sale!

hppyfngy screwed with this post 11-07-2011 at 02:50 PM
hppyfngy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #64
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
man why didnt i pick up a dirt bike when i lived in charlottesville, advrider just too late in my life.....good going there tuffstuff, see John KTM there :) hope u guys had a blast riding the last few rides thats left for this season...
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #65
grizz47
Adventurer

Tag again

I have pictures, could not resize well enough to upload. Downloaded another viewer and trying again.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #66
grizz47
Adventurer

Tag again

Here is SeeDo nestled under a tree.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #67
grizz47
Adventurer

Tag again

The tree is well marked with a "Posted" sign and don't forget the over head power lines
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #68
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyunknown View Post
man why didnt i pick up a dirt bike when i lived in charlottesville, advrider just too late in my life.....good going there tuffstuff, see John KTM there :) hope u guys had a blast riding the last few rides thats left for this season...
I can't believe I didn't get a dirtbike years ago either! Sorry you weren't able to come this weekend too! You could have put your bike in the tag picture and joined in the riding this weekend too! We had a lot of fun ;) See you soon!
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #69
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by hppyfngy View Post
You guys and gals, you have to do better with these pictures.

You need one shot of the grab with your bike in it, one shot of your tag with your bike in it and at least one shot of where the cache is stashed, or one heckuva good description.

Cute clues grizz47 but pictures need a lot of work...

How To Post An Image

If you have any questions, pm me.
What he said. Also need to say where the grab(old tag) was... eg: "Grab! Couch dump Rd., Rt 205, Ruckersville, at the old swimming hole"...etc, with the Grab picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyunknown View Post
Never say never...too late. Get one!

I beg to differ...tagging...er...riding season is just heating up!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #70
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
i would have come down to ride there in a heart beat, problem is my 8- almost 9 month preggo wife needs me by her side, maybe next season i will be there with the family :)
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #71
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 478
[QUOTE=bwalsh;17252862]What he said. Also need to say where the grab(old tag) was... eg: "Grab! Couch dump Rd., Rt 205, Ruckersville, at the old swimming hole"...etc, with the Grab picture.

Alright alright ... I guess we better do better at playing by the rules or risk not being allowed to play the game, eh? Thanks for taking the time to remind us how to play the game properly guys, now get out and get a tag ;) Tomorrow is going to be perfect for riding! I wish I could figure out how to rearrange my work schedule so I could get out.
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #72
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=tuffstuff;17253259]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
What he said. Also need to say where the grab(old tag) was... eg: "Grab! Couch dump Rd., Rt 205, Ruckersville, at the old swimming hole"...etc, with the Grab picture.

Alright alright ... I guess we better do better at playing by the rules or risk not being allowed to play the game, eh? Thanks for taking the time to remind us how to play the game properly guys, now get out and get a tag ;) Tomorrow is going to be perfect for riding! I wish I could figure out how to rearrange my work schedule so I could get out.
Please don't take offense. That wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. Actually your tag post was good! It was the only made up example of a road and route number I could come up with on short notice. I was trying o be funny. Sometimes it doesn't turn out so well...
OTOH, It makes the game run much smoother and if someone is going to start a tag map it will help with that too.
Yes, tomorrow is going to be a nice day for tag...er...riding!

bwalsh screwed with this post 11-07-2011 at 06:00 PM
Old 11-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #73
hppyfngy
not dead yet

Oddometer: 4,046
Hahaha...

Just have fun tuffstuff. That's what it's all about anyway. We're just trying to play along.

Just suggesting a little decorum... but even saying that makes me feel silly....

Play On!

Oh and BWalsh loves to manage tag maps!

'13 KLR650 ~ For Sale!
hppyfngy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #74
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hppyfngy View Post

Oh and BWalsh loves to manage tag maps!
Uh, no I don't! I just like looking at the smilies.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #75
FATNBLD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz47 View Post
...SeeDoo and I took a short ride from Buck Mountain Ford to a spot that once cost a price for admition. Altough it is now free you no longer get full use. The road we found looks like it hasn't been maintained since Sherman was a boy. It has a name and a number. Another way of saying the number might be 8:54. As to the name, well there is a gap in my memory. Could be due to the leaves changing from the lush green hues of summer. Perhaps I've stonewalled you long enough. Go 1.5 miles past the bridge and look at the base of tree, under one of the many "Posted" signs you will see along the route. Stay on the road and you can ignore these signs. You will find SeeDoo looking at the high tension lines overhead.
I hope I'm not revealing just how dense I am here, but I cannot figure out these clues. I'm pretty sure i've got the route number, and there's more than one not too far from Charlottesville, but doggonneit I just can't seem to nail down any of the rest of it. Gonna try riding out to one of them today, the closest one to Buck Mountain Ford and see if it looks different from the ground than it does from Google Maps.

And in the meantime, since I'm off work early today, I'm going after the Valley Tag, looks like it's in a pretty cool spot, and it's a lot closer than it's last spot, and it's not in the valley, I'm planning to keep it that way.

"You've got to put your shoulder up against the stone, it don't matter if you ever get it rolling." Band of Heathens - Shine a Light.
FATNBLD is offline   Reply With Quote