Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #1711
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidYouSeeThat View Post
I was sifting throught the posts trying to get a bearing on what is shipped and what is pending.
I'm confused....

How many are left to fill the outstanding orders?
How many batches of shipments is that?
and approxamately when are they expected to ship?

I know everyone is anxoiusly awaiting and I am not trying to pester just trying to get a handle on where my order is.

Thanks
Yep. Next shipment expected on ___.
This will be for orders placed from ___ date to ___ date.

That would be much appreciated.

:?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #1712
Farnsrocket
Manos arribas!!!

Oddometer: 3,986
Not to rub it in for the guys who are still waiting, but I got out for about an hour and a half this weekend........damn this thing is really great! The bike just feels wonderful and smooth and fast!

I can't leave good enough alone.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #1713
jadoca
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnsrocket View Post
Not to rub it in for the guys who are still waiting, but I got out for about an hour and a half this weekend........damn this thing is really great! The bike just feels wonderful and smooth and fast!
It really is great. I couldn't imagine not having one now and I was pleased with the way the bike ran before.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #1714
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnsrocket View Post
No problem, but you suck till I get mine.

Quit bugging poolside! I want him in the dungeon inhaling solder fumes not answering posts. Typically Customers beat up Marketing for Production issues don't they.

Where is Marketing? Come on take your
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #1715
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Dr View Post
No problem, but you suck till I get mine.

Quit bugging poolside! I want him in the dungeon inhaling solder fumes not answering posts. Typically Customers beat up Marketing for Production issues don't they.

Where is Marketing? Come on take your
Why are we being so nice to marketing? :tur kish

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #1716
TrainedChimp
Consistently wrong

Oddometer: 176
Marketing just wants to get yout to buy the product. Delivery, support, engineering, etc. is somebody else's problem.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #1717
Spoke
semi-feral teen

Oddometer: 780
I'm curious of the people who have had positive results. My question is, did any of you already have a similar device, such as The Accelerator module, that you were using prior to installing and using poolside's device? The reason I ask is because I already use the accelerator module and my bike runs well. I purchased the ICE Air just to be able to use the ICE Cool. My bike really needs a longer, don't know the real words, injector dwell at tip in...If we were talking carburetors I need a larger accelerator pump shot.

Since my bike feels good now, I was thinking of not installing the ICE Air until the Cool version is available. But if the general consensus is the ICE Air improves performance over competitive produces then I better get this gizmo installed.

It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #1718
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,210
Spoke, maybe ghostrider1964 will post up as he has run both the accelerator and this device.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #1719
grpweld
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
I've run the accelerator & now have the airz, & the airz is significantly better. I dont know exactly why because they both are doing the same thing when set @20* offset. I was in the first batch, have lots more bugs in my teeth miles than ever before. I am not affiliated ( other than subscribing to this thread so I can be first to get the COOL!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #1720
frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Why are we being so nice to marketing? :tur kish

I really can't complain too much,I did'nt purchase mine until 7/19/11.Thats only 1234 months...hey wait a minute...lets string em up!
Just kiddin Poolside,U just stay down there and keep workin.We unworthy ones will just have to exp. the joys of your electrical wonder thru others for now
Old 11-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #1721
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoke View Post
I'm curious of the people who have had positive results. My question is, did any of you already have a similar device, such as The Accelerator module, that you were using prior to installing and using poolside's device? The reason I ask is because I already use the accelerator module and my bike runs well. I purchased the ICE Air just to be able to use the ICE Cool. My bike really needs a longer, don't know the real words, injector dwell at tip in...If we were talking carburetors I need a larger accelerator pump shot.

Since my bike feels good now, I was thinking of not installing the ICE Air until the Cool version is available. But if the general consensus is the ICE Air improves performance over competitive produces then I better get this gizmo installed.
And after you swap out the accelerator module for the IICE Air let us know what you notice as the differences.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 11-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #1722
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
And after you swap out the accelerator module for the IICE Air let us know what you notice as the differences.

JJ
What you notice? Well, now we have marketing at its best. The only way to actually tell what is going on is to put the bike on a dyno and test the air-fuel ratio and HP produced throughout the rev range using each. Also vs. stock but we know stock is tuned to lean.

Without empirical testing its just opinion. . It may feel better but whether it is actually producing more HP and doing so at the correct or best AFR you will never know.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #1723
Spoke
semi-feral teen

Oddometer: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
What you notice? Well, now we have marketing at its best. The only way to actually tell what is going on is to put the bike on a dyno and test the air-fuel ratio and HP produced throughout the rev range using each. Also vs. stock but we know stock is tuned to lean.

Without empirical testing its just opinion. . It may feel better but whether it is actually producing more HP and doing so at the correct or best AFR you will never know.
Go away, party pooper

It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Old 11-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #1724
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post

Um. 'the only way to tell what is going on is…'

Uh so that would mean that an individuals experience and perceptions don't count, at all?

Now I'm not saying that such a series of tests wouldn't provide some valuable data but running a bike on a dyno isn't how I ride my bike, nor does it really tell how the engine responds to changes in throttle, since a dyno run is usually at wide open throttle, and not at varying throttle and rpm conditions. And it is at varying conditions where the IICE Air is most beneficial, not at wide open throttle, a condition I have very seldom used. And peak horsepower, which is what a dyno run yields has very little real world use, unless you're running on a track, not on the street.

So if a dyno run is 'the only way to tell what is going on' then perhaps you'll do us the honor of performing the test and interpreting the results to real world use (i.e. during dynamic throttle and rpm conditions)?

Which is where my original question was aimed in the first place "let us know what you notice as the differences."

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 11-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #1725
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Ya know, I forgot that the BMW has a system that runs in both open and closed loop at different times. So yes a straight up dyno run for HP is not effective and would not show what these different widgets are doing.

That said a dyno run can be performed different ways. A good dyno tuner does not just do a straight 100% open throttle pull, but in is a series of runs at less than 100% throttle. Now that I think about it you are correct that it won't tell you much on this system because of the open and closed loop operation and since the ECU temp foolng only happens when it is working at variable throttle tip.

Anyway, you can do any number of things using a dyno and smoothig throttle response is one of them. What am saying is that IF these widgets are both doing a straight temp offset then any differences have to do with other variables. Asking what they "feel" is just opinion and in reality a comparison of two 20 degree offset widgets on a different series of days.

If you put both on a dyno and can track the AFR you will see what each is doing at different times. If there is a difference it will show.. that's all I was saying.

Gangplank screwed with this post 11-09-2011 at 03:57 PM
Closed Thread