ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #826
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles
 
tallguy-09's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 1,436
There you go, we all like something else, the red frame reminds me of a Ducati...but it's a GS.
Personally I prefer these colors, well, it's only the color.



tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #827
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood
 
Codewheeney's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Oddometer: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
There you go, we all like something else, the red frame reminds me of a Ducati...but it's a GS.
Personally I prefer these colors, well, it's only the color.



Give me the red seat on the new Rallye model!
__________________
Jim
Morgan Hill, CA - 2015 R1200GS, 2004 R1150GS.

Plays in traffic.
Codewheeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #828
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codewheeney View Post
I'll disagree, I really like it. I'd love to see the silver tank leading edges be also done in the pearl white and the graphic extended onto them. Nicely updated classic look. It's too bad the engine is so much physically larger in the frame.

JC
How could the engine be larger in the frame? I don't think either has changed.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #829
mkletecka
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: dana point, ca.
Oddometer: 286
As for the GS, be it black on black, over black, then dipped again in black, or this new Rallye paint job, or white, red, water cooled/aircooled, well as the saying goes..................

You simply can't please everyone. What do you think of this cup holder?
I like it.
I don't
It should be moved here.
No, it should be moved there.
No, there should be two of them.
No, just one, but make it bigger.
Make it smaller and put it there.
No, have a big one there and two smaller ones here...

Mike K.
mkletecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #830
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood
 
Codewheeney's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Oddometer: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
How could the engine be larger in the frame? I don't think either has changed.
Sorry, I meant compared to the original GS.
__________________
Jim
Morgan Hill, CA - 2015 R1200GS, 2004 R1150GS.

Plays in traffic.
Codewheeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #831
McFuryMcNugget
me specie in dea ist
 
McFuryMcNugget's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: The frosted tundra of Island aka Iceland
Oddometer: 499
Red Seat.

Nicer with red seat Goes with the older model and makes it a collection bike.

And good red frame to seal it in.

And have the GS logo in the seat.

My 2 cents.

McFury.
__________________
So Close Yet So Far.
McFury sending and spreeding out gas fumes inn Islandic Highlands.
What´s you gonna do when they come for you.
Whats next ? Man walking on the moon ?.
All typing is done with One Finger using a MacPro Computer.
McFuryMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #832
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles
 
tallguy-09's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 1,436
DasMatti:

Now that the Eicma is on and the scotter is already old news we definitely need
more intelligence on the new Wazzer cooled GS...
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #833
vintagerider
Beastly Adventurer
 
vintagerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: the west
Oddometer: 1,964
Already discussed? Apologies if this has already been covered.

Location of port for hydronic heated gear?

Links for technical details;
- warranty

- anti-freeze coolant, water pump lube thread, cooling fan controller

- drive line particulars

- spline lube, clutch replacement thread

- f.i. fixes

- alternatives for proprietary BMW battery

- weird stuff that will require regular expensive replacement such as stick coils, fuel pump controllers and antenna rings.

- lighting

Thanks
vintagerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #834
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerider View Post
Already discussed? Apologies if this has already been covered.

Location of port for hydronic heated gear?

Links for technical details;
- warranty

- anti-freeze coolant, water pump lube thread, cooling fan controller

- drive line particulars

- spline lube, clutch replacement thread

- f.i. fixes

- alternatives for proprietary BMW battery

- weird stuff that will require regular expensive replacement such as stick coils, fuel pump controllers and antenna rings.

- lighting

Thanks
Joking, right?

The bike has not even been officially announced, no one has real good photos, and you want warranty and tech specs?

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #835
vintagerider
Beastly Adventurer
 
vintagerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: the west
Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Joking, right?

The bike has not even been officially announced, no one has real good photos, and you want warranty and tech specs?

Jim
We may not have answers today but we certainly know what the questions will be. Mods, may we please have sticky's now with fill in the blanks ready for release day? A few suggested thread below:

"Wasser Battery thread"
No need to to wait for stranded riders. We''ll need suitable replacements for BMW proprietary odd size. My prediction "Holly cow it's amoeba shaped with a Canbus battery case shape sensor and cut-off"

"Coolant and water pump lube thread"
How to remove crystalline silicate from the water passages w/o removing the engine case from the frame?

"Plun-nPlay night riding w/o night Vision goggles"

"Spline thread and Clutch thread"
Many will be pulling their gear boxes on day 1 to apply the lube that BMW will forget to apply at assembly. We are wise to the dry splines lasting just until the warranty just expires.

"Aftermarket Wasser Parts"
Some of us won't be buying the $40 oil filter

"So and so isn't sold separately."
"I just bled the brakes and the Wassser caliper bleed nipple broke off. BMW wants $900 for a new caliper, Any fixes"

"Based on previous BMW warranty experience , "Will you buy this mc even if a 100K miles/10 year drive train warranty is not offered?"

We just aren't going to have the bandwith on here for redundanr questions., so hoping that the necessary threads can be started and indexed during the norther hemisphere winter riding season.
vintagerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #836
NZRalphy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
NZRalphy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Wairarapa, Wellington, NZ
Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerider View Post
We may not have answers today but we certainly know what the questions will be. Mods, may we please have sticky's now with fill in the blanks ready for release day? A few suggested thread below:

"Wasser Battery thread"
No need to to wait for stranded riders. We''ll need suitable replacements for BMW proprietary odd size. My prediction "Holly cow it's amoeba shaped with a Canbus battery case shape sensor and cut-off"

"Coolant and water pump lube thread"
How to remove crystalline silicate from the water passages w/o removing the engine case from the frame?

"Plun-nPlay night riding w/o night Vision goggles"

"Spline thread and Clutch thread"
Many will be pulling their gear boxes on day 1 to apply the lube that BMW will forget to apply at assembly. We are wise to the dry splines lasting just until the warranty just expires.

"Aftermarket Wasser Parts"
Some of us won't be buying the $40 oil filter

"So and so isn't sold separately."
"I just bled the brakes and the Wassser caliper bleed nipple broke off. BMW wants $900 for a new caliper, Any fixes"

"Based on previous BMW warranty experience , "Will you buy this mc even if a 100K miles/10 year drive train warranty is not offered?"

We just aren't going to have the bandwith on here for redundanr questions., so hoping that the necessary threads can be started and indexed during the norther hemisphere winter riding season.
Gee if you hate the GS so much (as the above is saying) perhaps you should buy a Yamaha
NZRalphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #837
Wandering Nomad
Obsessive Traveller
 
Wandering Nomad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Pasa-Get-Down-Dena, TX
Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZRalphy View Post
Gee if you hate the GS so much (as the above is saying) perhaps you should buy a Yamaha
What he said. +1
Wandering Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #838
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZRalphy View Post
Gee if you hate the GS so much (as the above is saying) perhaps you should buy a Yamaha
Oh, he doesn't hate the GS, he is just a ludite that thinks the pinicle of the GS was the 1100!

He is also a little bitter at times that BMW had the nerve to change his beloved perfection of an 1100GS!!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #839
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way
 
Geoffster's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: My Blue Heaven
Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZRalphy View Post
Gee if you hate the GS so much (as the above is saying) perhaps you should buy a Yamaha
Awwww. I thought the post was clever.

I love the boxer riding experience.

The boxer ownership experience, not so much.
__________________

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Geoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #840
McFuryMcNugget
me specie in dea ist
 
McFuryMcNugget's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: The frosted tundra of Island aka Iceland
Oddometer: 499
awwwwww

Do you need bandaid for that

McFury


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffster View Post
Awwww. I thought the post was clever.

I love the boxer riding experience.

The boxer ownership experience, not so much.
__________________
So Close Yet So Far.
McFury sending and spreeding out gas fumes inn Islandic Highlands.
What´s you gonna do when they come for you.
Whats next ? Man walking on the moon ?.
All typing is done with One Finger using a MacPro Computer.
McFuryMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014