ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #46
Brent4ADV
Enjoying empty roads...

Oddometer: 1,006
Much easier to find local info with the split. Thanks!
Brent4ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #47
Captain Quack
Captain Quack

Oddometer: 2
Lost in the Smokies

As long as The Good East is here, might as well enjoy it. No entry fee and this year we will have a Scavenger Hunt!

Lost in the Smokies!

September 24 – 27, 2009

Four days of great roads and fun with your RotLE friends in beautiful Eastern Tennessee, near Gatlinburg.

Camping at the Cosby Ranch (nee Fox Den) 423 487 3178 FoxDen@cosbyranch.com, 311 S Highway 32, Cosby, TN

Rooms at the Bear Cub Inn (formerly the Cub Motel,under new ownership), with spacious accommodations on Cosby Creek (423) 487 2818 or 888 853 9370, 4350 Cosby Highway (TN 32) www.bearcubinn.webs.com

Groups or families can rent a Log Cabin from Cramer’s Creekside Cabins (423) 237 3334, www.cramerscreeksidecabins.com

Private dinner at Gary’s Market and Deli, 4209 Ground Hog Road, on Saturday night!

Best of all, ride the great, un-crowded roads of Eastern TN and Western NC! Ride with Richard Corn, Terry Tucker and your host, Andy Kay, King of the Riders of the Lost Empire. Daily Rides, Self-Guided Ride maps and sights to see, to please every rider’s skill level and interest and the opportunity to visit with the Lusty Slogger, hisself.

No Registration Fee for current RotLE members, just pay for Dinner and your “beverages”. Reservations required for dinner, email Andy@lostempire.com or call 772 341 0934, Riders of the Lost Empire, 4319 Ground Hog Road, Cosby, TN 37722 Event shirts are also available, ask for details.

Can’t make it this year? Make plans for September 23-26, 2010 NOW.
Captain Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:21 AM   #48
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy
So half a year later, how did that Eastern Regional split work out?
Still, I kinda wish East and West Tennessee were separated, as are culturally and geographically different. West Tennessee is part of the Mississippi Delta, part of Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas. East Tennessee is Appalachia, east coast. The terrain, culture, and people are very different.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #49
FocusPlayer
Minstrel on a Cycle

Oddometer: 69
New member me

Howdy,
I'm new here - but not new to East TN - where I'm sitting....waiting for this snow storm to hit.....

and go away, so I can get out and ride !!
FocusPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #50
bobbob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Anyone near Rome GA

Just moved to Rome GA area. Anyone able to show me some places to ride? I have a DR650 like to ride about 70 road 30 trail any help with area
bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #51
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 12,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
Just moved to Rome GA area. Anyone able to show me some places to ride? I have a DR650 like to ride about 70 road 30 trail any help with area
try posting here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194015 Dualsports Of Georga

They can hook you up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #52
VOLdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post

when it warms up a little. send me a pm with contact #
VOLdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #53
Piscator
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Nashville Noob

Just relocated to Nashville from VA... weather is starting to turn and I'm lookin for some riding buddies or forum suggestions... Thx!
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #54
parkerfe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Question Who's going to the Hooch 2011?

Me and 4 friends plan to ride both days... http://forum.dixiedualsport.com/file?id=1096294
Old 11-19-2011, 01:35 AM   #55
Magnum1b
Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer: 746
Ride to Eat, Macon, Ga, Today, 11/19/2011

Before "Pinks" was a dream in Paul Pink's sleep, before the "Golden Age" of Hollywood, in 1916 James Mallis opened the first Nu-Way Weiner stand on Cotton Avenue in Macon, Georgia.

That original location with it's Neon Sign is still in operation and for those tired of the same ole same old, the Southern Good Ole Boys Network hereby invites you to meet us for a famous Nu-Way chili dog.

Yes, on Saturday November 19, beginning around 11:30 AM (cause they roll up the sidewalks after dark) the First Annual "Chomp da Dawgs" RTE will convene at the intersection of Cotton Avenue and Cherry Street in Historic Downtown Macon, Georgia. We'll probably stay for a couple of hours or until the last one leaves. The address is 430 Cotton Avenue, Macon, GA and their phone number is (478) 743-1368
in case Ms. Garmin leads you astray.

As they say down South, "I'd Go a Long Way For a Nu-Way". ; ) Door prizes for longest, shortest, oldest, and youngest are under consideration. We don't have a Rally yet, but who knows what the future might bring.

Sincerely, Your Instigators at
Large,
Jim Weaver and Jack Ferguson
Magnum1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #56
Magnum1b
Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer: 746
We had a great turn out to Nu-Way Weiners in Macon. We counted about 45 riders including 2011 Iron Butt Rally winner Peter Behm who rode over 1600 miles for a couple of hot dogs. He was riding his new Super Tenere.
Magnum1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #57
Ernbo6
Ernbo6

Oddometer: 99
Thumb Sorry I Missed This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum1b View Post
Before "Pinks" was a dream in Paul Pink's sleep, before the "Golden Age" of Hollywood, in 1916 James Mallis opened the first Nu-Way Weiner stand on Cotton Avenue in Macon, Georgia.

That original location with it's Neon Sign is still in operation and for those tired of the same ole same old, the Southern Good Ole Boys Network hereby invites you to meet us for a famous Nu-Way chili dog.

Yes, on Saturday November 19, beginning around 11:30 AM (cause they roll up the sidewalks after dark) the First Annual "Chomp da Dawgs" RTE will convene at the intersection of Cotton Avenue and Cherry Street in Historic Downtown Macon, Georgia. We'll probably stay for a couple of hours or until the last one leaves. The address is 430 Cotton Avenue, Macon, GA and their phone number is (478) 743-1368
in case Ms. Garmin leads you astray.

As they say down South, "I'd Go a Long Way For a Nu-Way". ; ) Door prizes for longest, shortest, oldest, and youngest are under consideration. We don't have a Rally yet, but who knows what the future might bring.

Sincerely, Your Instigators at
Large,
Jim Weaver and Jack Ferguson

I'm out of the country and am sorry to have missed this. It sounded like you had a great turn-out and hopefully you'll do this again. If I'm stateside I'm in.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #58
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 12,624
Happy New Year Everyone!

Under construction

Al Tuna screwed with this post 12-31-2012 at 10:48 PM
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #59
Mr&MrsErnbo

Oddometer: 1,315
Georgia Riders............What Gives?

Not much taking place lately. Any rides for the Spring?
It might be fun to see some of ya'll again.

Mr&MrsErnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #60
Rushmarketing
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Ready to Ride!!

Hi, I'm a new member, long-time road rider with a new (to me) totally unmolested KLR650 that is yearning to do some dual-sport/adventure touring with me at the helm. I live slightly south of Charlottesville, VA and am looking for a riding partner, group or organization that might help to facilitate my dreams. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Rushmarketing is offline   Reply With Quote