Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #31
HalB
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I'd like to hear from folks who have been wearing the Sidi Adventure boot. I have been trying it on and like the feel. however, when I sat on the bike, the sole felt so stiff, it was difficult to upshift. . It feels as though I need a full foot under the shifter, rather than just the toes. I do sport touring kind of riding where I need quick upshifts. the hope is that the boot should soften over time with the toe flexion. does this happen? What's your experience?

thanks
HalB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #32
smr238
Sam

Oddometer: 146
shipped from uk. 34 us due upon delevery.
smr238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #33
outsidein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
The regular version of the boot sold in North America has a breathable waterproof liner (Gortex knockoff) and is identical otherwise to the GoreTex version. It costs 50% less. IMO the very small difference in breath ability is simply not worth doubling the price.
outsidein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #34
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsidein View Post
The regular version of the boot sold in North America has a breathable waterproof liner (Gortex knockoff) and is identical otherwise to the GoreTex version.
That's not quite true. The Euro version uses Leather, rather than Lorica.

While I agree that it isn't worth the extra money to buy the NA GoreTex version because of the cost ($600+), the people who have imported the Euro version are now getting it for little to no premium over the US version. I am totally happy with my US version. But if I was going to buy again today, I would import the Euro version if it was only going to cost $50-75 more. Enough people have done it now, problem free, that I think importing them is becoming a known quantity.

Not sure who is actually paying the $600+ for the US GoreTex version.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #35
Longboardr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
I just got my Adventures from www.fc-moto.de today. Ordered them on 1/1/12, had them shipped DHL, USPS brought them to my door. The Gore-Tex version was $350.14 OTD. No duty charges. A big thanks to those who shared their experiences before me
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #36
captwheel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Has anyone else had trouble with buying from FC-Moto? I have been trying to buy the Sidi Gore Tex from there but every time I fill out the credit card info (two different cards) I get a message that the institution rejected it. Called the credit card they say that they have not even seen a request for the charge? I called FC-Moto they had no reason for it, & would not let me do a phone order?
Any ideas out there?
Thanks, Phil
captwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #37
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,504
Had the same issue when I tried to use paypal said the address did not match. It does so I have no idea.

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #38
srensen
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I just ordered some stuff from fc-moto, and twice the transaction got cancelled on my Mastercard. Shift to VISA and transaction went through. 10 minutes later the Mastercard credit card anti fraud office called, and wanted to check, if I had tried to complete a transaction with fs-moto. If yes, they'd clear the transaction...
srensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #39
captwheel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
I was able to place my order yesterday with FC-Moto. I think my problem is that I am in Brazil. Called home & had my cousin use my credit card (that did not work for me) on her computer with a US IP address, & it went through fine.
Can not wait to try my new Sisi Adventure Gore-Tex boots.
Phil
captwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #40
wonky
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 478
Can anybody please give me the 'harmonized commodity code' from the commercial invoice that was included with your boots. The company you buy from will have chosen a code for your goods. This could shed a lot of light on what you would expect to pay.

You can find out the codes for the US here

http://hts.usitc.gov/

DHL tend to deliver first and then invoice after so you may still get a bill upto a month after delivery.

We ship a lot of goods to the US and usually use the Harmonized Commodity Code 87141900 which is for 'Parts and Accessories of Motorcycles' which has an import duty rate of 0%. It is highly unlikely that customs will reclassify the goods. If I were to correctly classify them (its all open to your own interpretation) i would probably use 6402.19.90.30 which is 'Sports Footwear/Other/over $12'. This has a duty rate of 9% on the invoice total (ie goods plus shipping charge)

DHL have their own inhouse customs clearance people, ie goods dont go to seperate US Customs Agency premises, DHL are licensed to clear goods and collect on behalf of the government, so they tend to dig into the paperwork even less.

We dont currently sell the Sidi Adventures but will probably start soon...

People have correctly mentioned that you should not be paying the VAT on goods purchased in the EU unless the company you buy them from is not registered for VAT (highly unlikely)

Hope this helps a little!
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #41
Longboardr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky View Post
Can anybody please give me the 'harmonized commodity code' from the commercial invoice that was included with your boots. The company you buy from will have chosen a code for your goods. This could shed a lot of light on what you would expect to pay.
If I understood German I'd help you out, don't see a number like that on any of my forms
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #42
x3300
geoff

Oddometer: 170
10 days from Germany

I ordered a pair of Sidi Adventure Gore-tex boots from http://www.fc-moto.de in July 2012. I used their English language pages and could complete my order without difficulty. I chose the DHL shipping option. The boots shipped the next day and I was given a DHL tracking number so I could monitor the package's progress.

The boots arrived at my door via USPS exactly 10 days later.

They cost me 269,13 Euro (329.87 USD) total. No import fees were charged.

-x3300
x3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #43
andykeck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3300 View Post
I ordered a pair of Sidi Adventure Gore-tex boots from http://www.fc-moto.de in July 2012. I used their English language pages and could complete my order without difficulty. I chose the DHL shipping option. The boots shipped the next day and I was given a DHL tracking number so I could monitor the package's progress.

The boots arrived at my door via USPS exactly 10 days later.

They cost me 269,13 Euro (329.87 USD) total. No import fees were charged.

-x3300
That's a good price. I just bought my Adventure Gore-Tex boots from biker-land.de on eBay and paid about twenty bucks more.
andykeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #44
Elkwood
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I went ahead and ordered them from http://www.fc-moto.de. I had some trouble with the credit card and called my visa company up and had them give it approval. They where worried about fraud i guess.

I too am having it shipped via DHL.

Says that it will be 10 days or so before i receive the items that i ordered
Elkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #45
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,226
Thanks for this thread guys. I had decided on buying the US rain version of the Sidi Adventure boot due to the high price of the Gore-tex model. However, I only recently found out that you could buy from international sellers for cheaper due to import fees on leather products. I was on the fence after reading some horror stories about people paying astronomical 'broker fees' when ordering overseas. This thread made me decide to pull the trigger.

I just ordered a pair of the Gore-tex Sidi Adventures from FC-Moto for $298.60 shipped!!! That's over $100 cheaper than the lowest-priced US version I could find! I used DHL, as that seems to be the best way to avoid brokerage fees... and it was nearly $40 cheaper than UPS anyhow. I didn't have any problems with my credit card fortunately.

I'd much rather support a US company... But being a poor med student, I just can't rationalize spending the extra dough to buy from within the US.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014

max384 screwed with this post 10-30-2012 at 12:27 PM
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote