ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #15136
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
Yeah, good ride! I enjoyed it. Thanks to the regular crew for mixing it up and doing a Saturday ride. Now I have all day tomorrow to wash my bike instead of having to be at work.
Oh yeah,another great day for sure!I think MrsTB and are gonna ride tomorrow.

Tonight,I pretended that I had won today's "ride',and the Awards presentation was at Burger King in town,and 1st place trophy was a Sundae with caramel and M&M's on top.Now all I want to do is go to sleep.

ncTRAILBOSS screwed with this post 11-26-2011 at 05:46 PM
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #15137
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
No problem EDK. Ran the HS track after you left while ncTB took the gang out for another twisty session. I got it memorized now, and talked to Mike. He said to come on down anytime during the week and run it.

That little green bike sounds great. Could hear you on it anytime you were near me.

Thanks to the A52 crew for letting me renew my VIU and A52 cards. Great time today. Good to see Heavy Sweep rounding up the riders again.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #15138
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,357
Outback Hare Scramble Course

Hey, ncTB, I think we all like the hare scramble course - why not suggest to Mike that he arrow it just like Mid-East had it laid out, and make that the "official" layout, at least for the trails that it uses. Then change it up every year - so in Feb, it would change again for another year. Probably just need some 4-way warning signs for where it crosses other trails.

Just a thought. I liked it, too.

That way, you'd get a whole new ~8-12 mile trail every year or so. And it would take minimal maintenance to replace the arrows every so often to keep them fresh.

I think that's what NCMP did this past year with the last VXCHS race they had up there, they just keep the arrows fresh and the HS track is now the preferred flow.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #15139
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Quote:
Hey, ncTB, I think we all like the hare scramble course - why not suggest to Mike that he arrow it just like Mid-East had it laid out, and make that the "official" layout, at least for the trails that it uses. Then change it up every year - so in Feb, it would change again for another year. Probably just need some 4-way warning signs for where it crosses other trails.

Just a thought. I liked it, too.

That way, you'd get a whole new ~8-12 mile trail every year or so. And it would take minimal maintenance to replace the arrows every so often to keep them fresh.

I think that's what NCMP did this past year with the last VXCHS race they had up there, they just keep the arrows fresh and the HS track is now the preferred flow.
Problem is,the 2011 course goes against the flow of the perimeter trail.Maybe we can see how the 12 course gets done.
How come yall are just now speaking up for the HS loop?We do it almost every Sunday.I usually do it ,then link a bunch of odd stuff together.
I think yall are just now figuring out the place.
Lurch and I were talking of ribboning off some intersections.We'll see.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #15140
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncTRAILBOSS View Post
Problem is,the 2011 course goes against the flow of the perimeter trail.Maybe we can see how the 12 course gets done.
How come yall are just now speaking up for the HS loop?We do it almost every Sunday.I usually do it ,then link a bunch of odd stuff together.
I've only ridden with you all twice since the race, including today. I just think the hare scramble course flows better than some of the usual routes. My opine only, which is probably not worth the paper it's printed on. Oh wait ...

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F

nobrakes screwed with this post 11-26-2011 at 09:27 PM
Old 11-27-2011, 02:07 AM   #15141
tactical-T
TreeStump

Oddometer: 569
Don't forget the Ob-stac-kills! We need some log stacks and 1/2 burried tractor tires maybe even a greased up wooden bridge or teeter totter...or somethin. We need to put in some hero sections Of course, I'll be the first to perform a dynamic get-off / faceplant I'm sure. This kid's skills (what little I had) are rusty! Boss thinks I should train over here on an haji bike. Those bikes are designed for "doods" who ride in sandals, pajamas and weigh a buck-o-five soakin wet. However, it might be just what I need to hone my bike ninja skillz...

Quote:
The more time I spend in this world , the smaller it gets
tactical-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #15142
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by tactical-T View Post
Don't forget the Ob-stac-kills! We need some log stacks and 1/2 burried tractor tires maybe even a greased up wooden bridge or teeter totter...or somethin. We need to put in some hero sections Of course, I'll be the first to perform a dynamic get-off / faceplant I'm sure. This kid's skills (what little I had) are rusty! Boss thinks I should train over here on an haji bike. Those bikes are designed for "doods" who ride in sandals, pajamas and weigh a buck-o-five soakin wet. However, it might be just what I need to hone my bike ninja skillz...

I'm thinkin more like some paved sections with flowers and those little elevated water coolers like we have everywhere in DijonCary so the walkers keep from fainting and getting their $200 Asics scuffed up.

When are we going to see that Hooska varina again?
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #15143
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Quote:
I've only ridden with you all twice since the race, including today. I just think the hare scramble course flows better than some of the usual routes. My opine only, which is probably not worth the paper it's printed on. Oh wait ...
You hit the nail on the head,YOU AIN'T SHOWING UP ENOUGH.

Flowers huh??I don't know,sounds like a maintenance nightmare.I can see the guys stopping in the middle of a bed of daisys ,and waiting on the next dood so he can roost him with flowers.

Tony,we have some pretty good log crossings now[natural fallage],but 90% of the guys go around them.I even set up a gauntlet at one of them with caution tape,I get to the end,and here comes somebody[Plumbinfool]wiith tape wrapped around his back wheel.You can forget about trying to get all 10 guys over a greased tractor tire.Does a pile of motorcycles count as an obstical????????
Old 11-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #15144
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey, I'm a popular guy and have to spread my time among all my peeps, so everyone gets them some Nobrakes.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
Old 11-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #15145
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
TB, The 2010 HS track runs with the grain doesn't it? Maybe use the 2010 parts that we like with some sections from the 2011. Seems the 2011 used some of the 2010 course in reverse.

Guys are probably just now speaking up cause of me the "instigator". You know how I like to ride the HS courses. Maybe we could put together a friendly HS time trial format...start 1 min apart and run it for time. Having a minute man ahead and behind always makes you push a little harder than if you're just out ridin the course.

As for obstacles...have Mike and the guys build an enduro cross course. I think that would be a cool thing for guys to watch or ride when hanging around the trucks. Also wouldn't be so far to haul some broke dood's bike or body when the inevitable happens.

A53 update...CFO helped me cut some more trail this am. Think you guys are going to like it.

Gettin off the computer and going riding now.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #15146
Plumbingfool
Pipelayer

Oddometer: 12
Trail Boss... i like my bike! don't have to cross a log to prove anything! just out to ride and have fun,not abuse my equipment!!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #15147
pineygroveshop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Hey Y'all,
Can you point me to some easy dirt trails in the triangle area for some large Adventure Touring bikes?
Cheers,
Stephen
Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #15148
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
Triangle trails

Seriously?

Unfortunately, you are about 25 years late. Everything has been paved and more every day is going that way.

The closest "trails" are at NCMP which has about 8-9 miles. Outback is a really nice place and a good group. It is a little farther.

Neither of these are big bike friendly, IMO.

You can take your chances on Power lines, but honestly, we have exhausted looking for that type of riding.

Even finding a gravel road is going to net something 1/2 mile long.

Sorry. Smaller bike and the options open up a lot.

You are welcome anytime if you want to give it a go with the big bike.

Heading farther south towards Sanford and Southern Pines will get you some dirt and sand roads(More than enough for a day ride)
Next closest FS roads are towards Morganton and Blowing Rock(Awesome riding)
You can ride from here to Uwharrie and hit some FS roads in that area and ride some of the EASY trails there. Pick wisely!!!!!

EDK

eyedragaknee screwed with this post 11-27-2011 at 03:34 PM
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #15149
hotdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
obsticals

Quote:

Flowers huh??I don't know,sounds like a maintenance nightmare.I can see the guys stopping in the middle of a bed of daisys ,and waiting on the next dood so he can roost him with flowers.

Tony,we have some pretty good log crossings now[natural fallage],but 90% of the guys go around them.I even set up a gauntlet at one of them with caution tape,I get to the end,and here comes somebody[Plumbinfool]wiith tape wrapped around his back wheel.You can forget about trying to get all 10 guys over a greased tractor tire.Does a pile of motorcycles count as an obstical????????
Why go over it if you can go around it and stay within twenty feet of the course?? especialy if its quicker???? besides its ruff on the equiptment every weekend.
1974 Water Buffalo
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #15150
Mr. Magoo
Follow me; I'm lost!

Oddometer: 4,949
Pussies! Just fly over it head first ... like I do ....
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote