User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
ontic OP

Oddometer: 1,048
water injection on an airhead.

Who's done it already, who's thought about it, who wants to think about it now?

The issue came up in a discussion about it potentially stopping pinging in higher CR top ends running on low octane or poor fuel. That is primarily my interest, but having googled around a bit it seems interesting in and of itself for a lot of reasons. I am not talking about the method of de-coking by water injection, but rather general running with water-injection for a range of potential benefits (may want to argue these?)

If you haven't tried it or know of anyone who has feel free to discuss and theorize on some good possible systems to get it working on a bmw airhead (aside from talking higher CR top ends, pretty much stock with Bings in my example, but no need to limit to this). I'd be quite interested in running a little experiment or two myself but don't feel like trying to reinvent the wheel- being such an old technology certainly this has been well figured out already by people much more mechanically skilled knowledgable than I.
Simple, effective, elegant, reliable, maintainable and reversible might be good starting points for a system...

I don't know much about this other than what I can google and other than what I stumbled across years ago looking into my old 4x4 diesel engine, so I'll just leave it at this for the moment rather than making an ass of myself:

Have at it,
ontic is offline   Reply With Quote