frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Faaget the cool,it sounds like I might get the "Air" before winter sets in
Old 11-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #1892
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,010
ghost. I regret to inform you that the cool will not be available in your Texas county due to import restrictions. Some sort of Homeland Security issue. In other news, it will be rolled out by counties, beginning with those counties starting with "Mc" first in honor of Scrooge McDuck and Ewan McGregor.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #1893
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
ghost. I regret to inform you that the cool will not be available in your Texas county due to import restrictions. Some sort of Homeland Security issue. In other news, it will be rolled out by counties, beginning with those counties starting with "Mc" first in honor of Scrooge McDuck and Ewan McGregor.
I thought it was starting at the OK border and working south......
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #1894
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,685

Thanks for your orders everyone!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #1895
KSBEERHUNTER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
IICE air and IICE ice

Howdy,
I have a 01 1150gs and was interested in your IICE AIR but then I see you are
getting ready to produce a product called IICE COOL. What is the difference?
Does the IICE COOL product require the IICE AIR, or first product to work? Or
are they two different products? I assume that they are both products to
enrichen the fuel mixture? I was thinking that your second product may be an
improved version of the first product. Please explain what the intended usages
are please. I don't want to miss out on the IICE AIR product if I need it but
don't want to purchase it if your second IICE COOL product is a new and improved
model..
Old 11-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #1896
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBEERHUNTER View Post
Howdy,
don't want to purchase it if your second IICE COOL product is a new and improved
model..
To keep poolside working.... Air is based off the intake air temp and adjust mixture when the throttle transitions. Cool is going to use the oil temp to adjust the mixture in other throttle and engine transitions (it's late) so they basically need to work together. If I recall neither should effect steady state running when the O2 sensor kicks in.

Head to the first post. lots of reading.....
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #1897
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,192
Quote:
Howdy,
model..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Dr View Post
To keep poolside working.... Air is based off the intake air temp and adjust mixture when the throttle transitions. Cool is going to use the oil temp to adjust the mixture in other throttle and engine transitions (it's late) so they basically need to work together. If I recall neither should effect steady state running when the O2 sensor kicks in.

Head to the first post. lots of reading.....
What he said…↑
The IICE Air and IICE Cool are 2 separate products that work together to help the engine respond with more authority when you twist the throttle.

The IICE Cool requires the IICE Air to function properly.
The IICE Air FINAL SALE is still active so you can order one now. Once the FINAL SALE concludes then IICE Air's will no longer be available to order as the production shifts to making IICE Cools.

The 1st post of this thread has a link to the IICE Air vendors thread where you can order an IICE Air.

JJ

johnjen screwed with this post 11-30-2011 at 11:39 AM
Old 11-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #1898
Ridestrong
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Business or project?

So, as I am anxiously anticipating the arrival of the IICE Air I ordered a few days ago I started to read through the thread and, it appears that the Air and, after that, the Cool are going to be limited production runs for which there will be no more made at a later time. Is this just a "project" run or do you intend to make a "small" business out of this? It looks as if the product has garnered a lot of attention and accolades already and you could probably do well with continued production of these and any future products you might engineer and design.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #1899
hilld
riding isn't an addiction

Oddometer: 268
Maybe I missed it, but did the last order ever ship as I still haven't received anything. The list was posted about 10 days or so ago and my initials were on it.

Just wondering.

D.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #1900
gratefulJED
long strange tripper

Oddometer: 1,828
I know of LIFO & FIFO, but FILO?

I ain't jellin'
in fact I thought of sellin'
when JJ started yellin'
but now that PS calmed by tellin'
me my name came up I'm mellin'

or something
Old 11-30-2011, 05:15 AM   #1901
frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Old 11-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #1902
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,822
You've met Engineering, you've heard from Marketing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridestrong View Post
So, as I am anxiously anticipating the arrival of the IICE Air I ordered a few days ago I started to read through the thread and, it appears that the Air and, after that, the Cool are going to be limited production runs for which there will be no more made at a later time. Is this just a "project" run or do you intend to make a "small" business out of this? It looks as if the product has garnered a lot of attention and accolades already and you could probably do well with continued production of these and any future products you might engineer and design.
Sounds like a question for Management.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:51 AM   #1903
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridestrong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

You've met Engineering, you've heard from Marketing...

Sounds like a question for Management.
Ahhh... Well...  I think we're operating without any adult supervision.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #1904
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Howdy,
I have a 01 1150gs and was interested in your IICE AIR but then I see you are getting ready to produce a product called IICE COOL. What is the difference?

Does the IICE COOL product require the IICE AIR, or first product to work? Or are they two different products? I assume that they are both products to enrichen the fuel mixture? I was thinking that your second product may be an improved version of the first product.

Please explain what the intended usages are please. I don't want to miss out on the IICE AIR product if I need it but don't want to purchase it if your second IICE COOL product is a new and improved model..
Others have answered this above, thanks guys. Yes, the IICE Air and IICE Cool are two different things. And they work together.

If you are interested, here's a little more technical detail about what's going on inside the ECU. And what parts are affected by the IICE Air and IICE Cool

When you crack the throttle (aka: throttle tip-in) and accelerate at a constant rate, two unrelated things happen. Not at the same time, but one after the other. The IICE Cool modifies the ECU control of throttle tip-in, and the IICE Air modifies constant rate acceleration.

Fueling for motor acceleration is a one-two sequence. First, the rider advances the throttle, then second, the motor accelerates. They are two separate events, and the ECU controls them separately. An ECU controls the two events separately because the fueling requirements for 1. throttle tip-in, and 2. acceleration, are unrelated. The control algorithms to manage those events are also unrelated.

Throttle tip-in is a destabilizing event in the intake port, and requires a very complex control routine. Throttle tip-in and its opposite, throttle tip-out, upset the equilibrium of injected fuel vs. vaporizing fuel. In this case equilibrium means that the rate of injected fuel is equal to the fuel vaporization rate. A state of equilibrium is present in the intake port during steady speed and during constant acceleration. But when the throttle is moved, it upsets that equilibrium.

If you would like to read more about it, here is a relatively simple paper on the topic, Transient Fuel Control. If you take a look at figure 11, it sort of summarizes the operation. Any type of Transient Fuel control algorithm is designed to maintain a relatively constant fuel mixture during throttle transitions of tip-in and tip-out. Maintaining a constant fuel mixture during throttle transitions is a complex process based on the fuel vaporization rate, which is based on a host of dynamic variables such as Manifold Absolute Pressure and Intake Port Velocity, which are outlined in the paper.

Ok, so that was Transient Fueling in a nutshell. The control of fueling during Constant Acceleration is an altogether different thing. The control algorithm for that is simple by comparison. It's a simple air mass calculation based on air temperature and local barometric pressure. That's it. See, I told you it was simple.

The IICE Air has a simple job in modifying the ECU control of constant acceleration. The IICE Cool has a dynamic and variable task and requires a microcontroller.

Poolside screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 12:43 PM
Old 11-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #1905
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilld View Post

Maybe I missed it, but did the last order ever ship as I still haven't received anything. The list was posted about 10 days or so ago and my initials were on it.
The batch is going out in just a little while.

Closed Thread