Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #1936
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,842
Laugh Not Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Got mine today, thankfully it came in a plain brown wrapper so the mailman didn't steal it for his Hog.
Once I figure out which end of the durn plastic bag to open, I'll get it installed and head out for a spin.

Andrew,

Not nice of you reminding me of my old stomping [diving] grounds! I made many research dives off Point Delgada and no never did encounter a White Shark...as you know that is the South end of the "Lost Coast"..spectacular part of the world.

Enjoy the riding there if you live around there, but as you know don't go boony romping into someone's 'garden'. But those could be "00"s and you ride prepared...........

I have this chart/topo on my wall here in NE Oregon, great memories! Thanks.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #1937
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 7,837
fir chan. Do a pic thread on your Thai ride if it ain't too much trouble. Don't get to see much of that side of the marble.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #1938
grpweld
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fir_chan View Post
Recieved my IICE Air a few weeks back but have been busy with work to install the unit.

Living here in Singapore and riding around South East Asia, I will probably be toying around the -20 or -30 settings on this new toy.

The ambient temperature in this parts of the world ranges some 26 deg Celcius to 35 deg Celcius all year round.

Installation was so easy on the 08 GSA and the only hard part was to figure out where to secure the mystical box but it did not take me long as i was also impatient, i just cable tied it down to prevent too movements.

Left the jumper at the -20 setting and started the bike, i noticed immediately that it ran smoother and with less growl. Took the bike for a 20-30min ride along the highways and noticed the throttle response has indeed improved and when i closed the throttle upon entering a corner, the popping sound of the stock exhuast was eliminated.

I will be taking this bike for a ride up North into Thailand this Wednesday and will be spending the next 10 days on the road. I am hoping the monsoon weather will not posed too much of am arse to the riding. And of course the flooding in Thailand isnt so bad. I'll probably take it as a "river crossing".

Will monitor the progress but first will need a full tank on the GSA to see how much improvement this new toy will bring!!

I'll probably be able to report back after 6-8 tanks to give everyone some feedback on how the IICE Air is doing in this part of the world - South East Asia!!!

I also like to thank a fellow inmate for helping me with this purchase since it is not available internationally!! But i reckon it should be available to all.... it is indeed reasonably priced and it does what it says!! Looking forward to the Cool even though i havent read much about it and whether it will be relevant for this bike in this part of the world.
" you are prolly going to like the 20* & 10* settings better than the 30* in those temps, unless I'm having a brain fart"
Old 12-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #1939
DidYouSeeThat
Uhhhh... Where?

Oddometer: 186
Test Drive completed:

Short version: I like it!

Longer Version: I did not use good engineering practices for my test. I changed two things at the same time, not one. I swapped the 16T for the 17T AND added the Device. It feels like a good setup. Snatchy throttle is gone and responce feels like the 15T but with a better ratio for cruising. Did a little dirt mostly mild, but went through enough rough stuff two try to miss the lower gear ratio... Yea, a little longing for the15T in the techncial stuff but far superior to the "Stock" Setup (16T w/o the Device). Leaving the 16T on for now, will eport back if I swap the gear back. Stock 16T but a better bike with the device, so its a win. I like it!

Thanks Poolside!
C.N. Ca.
08 TE250 - with 300cc Kit
10 Rubicon
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #1940
DidYouSeeThat
Uhhhh... Where?

Updated Signature to show IICE Air
10 Rubicon
Old 12-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #1941
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidYouSeeThat View Post
Test Drive completed:

Short version: I like it!

Longer Version: I did not use good engineering practices for my test. I changed two things at the same time, not one. I swapped the 16T for the 17T AND added the Device. It feels like a good setup. Snatchy throttle is gone and responce feels like the 15T but with a better ratio for cruising. Did a little dirt mostly mild, but went through enough rough stuff two try to miss the lower gear ratio... Yea, a little longing for the15T in the techncial stuff but far superior to the "Stock" Setup (16T w/o the Device). Leaving the 16T on for now, will eport back if I swap the gear back. Stock 16T but a better bike with the device, so its a win. I like it!

Thanks Poolside!
C.N. Ca.
You bet, CN.

Regarding your before and after test, this is where Marketing steps in and reminds us that the jumper on the IICE Air can be moved to the 0 or 'no-change' setting, then back to the -20 setting. That provides a before/after test of the IICE Air.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 12-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #1942
DidYouSeeThat
Uhhhh... Where?

Sounds great. I'll have to try the setting and re-experience the "Stock Bike"... but not today.. Too much fun!

Ok Poolside the next item to design is a "jumper" that will swap the 15T and 16T out. By the way this jumpers name is not CN Ca. ;)
Also I prefer a switch. And unlike the ABS switch, I do not want to come to a complete stop ;)

Great job. Thanks agian!
10 Rubicon
Old 12-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #1943
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidYouSeeThat View Post
Ok. I have a solution. Right abput here seems to be accessible and out of the way and within the cable length.
I zoom in and then away and then bar lock clearence.

I am ready to ride

I like it!

... I wonder ... is there enough cable to mount it behind or through-mount it on the black triangular cover in the frame?
Old 12-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #1944
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Andrew,

Not nice of you reminding me of my old stomping [diving] grounds! I made many research dives off Point Delgada and no never did encounter a White Shark...as you know that is the South end of the "Lost Coast"..spectacular part of the world.

Enjoy the riding there if you live around there, but as you know don't go boony romping into someone's 'garden'. But those could be "00"s and you ride prepared...

I have this chart/topo on my wall here in NE Oregon, great memories! Thanks.
Not 00, but rather some Winchester Super X slugs... Just happened to be handy

I love the Lost Coast, and even had my first helicopter ride there, courtesy of USCG. Stunning country, awesome backpacking, and moto roads as well. Who could ask for more?
Old 12-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #1945
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Would make a heckuva bang stick.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 12-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #1946
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
Wow the postman got it to me fast. I'm excited to try it tomorrow!
Old 12-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #1947
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Odd You Would Mention That...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Would make a heckuva bang stick.
Yup had a 6' 12Ga stick with 1 1/4 oz slug for a few years back in late '70s then realized: It would be pissing into the wind on a 4,000 lb critter and in our high energy, low visibility ocean it was more danger to my divers than any white pointer and far too unwieldy to get into the game in time. Dumbo's feather don't ya know!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #1948
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Hmmm...Hope A "Fun" Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Not 00, but rather some Winchester Super X slugs... Just happened to be handy

I love the Lost Coast, and even had my first helicopter ride there, courtesy of USCG. Stunning country, awesome backpacking, and moto roads as well. Who could ask for more?

Hope your ride was a fun ride and they didn't have to come out to get you after you lost your boat or go down with an injury on the beach. Those USCG guys are unbelievable. Big stones, steady nerves and all "can do".
Old 12-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #1949
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,566
Hey, it really works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Hope your ride was a fun ride and they didn't have to come out to get you after you lost your boat or go down with an injury on the beach. Those USCG guys are unbelievable. Big stones, steady nerves and all "can do".
No, it was a fractured fibula and a bad sprain, up in some rough country above the beach. The Coast Guard crew was very impressive, and I followed up with a note to their C.O. But enough about that... I want to comment on this ICEE Aire thingee.

I did manage to get it out of the plastic bag, finally, after passing it over an IR light source and discovering the "hidden" slot along the inverse side. Kudos to JohnJen for coming up with that one.

It wasn't very much trouble to then mount it to the flashlight, using a stainless steel "P" clamp, with rubberized inner sleeve and a 5mm screw. When I plugged the two ends together, the light immediately came on, and - well, it's a thing of beauty, what else can I say? I don't claim to understand how it works, I just know that it does.

Great job, you guys in Engineering and Marketing! Our house is now a little brighter, and we can pore over our topo maps long into the night.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #1950
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Dude, careful! Don't let the reserve capacity drop below 15%.

Closed Thread