Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #211
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX
Which exhaust?...

On my Akrapovic slip on I can ride hard for hours and then hop off, take off my glove and put my hand on the tip of the exhaust without burning myself, titanium and carbon tend to reject heat very well
I've got the LV, aluminum
The Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #212
MonsterJ
I have motopsychosis

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil
I have posted this before, but once more won't hurt.
I needed to lower my can a little to clear my HT racks.
Well over 10,000 miles on this setup and no problems. The aluminum was from an old set of bark busters I had laying around.

John,

Where was the interference? Also, what is the gap between the inside of the rack the can? The problem I'm having is the lower left (as looking at your pic) HT pannier mount lug contacts my stock exhaust can. I'm trying to find an exhaust that I'm not going to have that problem with.

Temple, TX -> Cape May, NJ -> Mobile, AL -> ECity, NC -> Kodiak, AK -> Mobile, AL -> Sacto, CA -> Cape Cod, MA -> New London, CT -> San Francisco, CA -> Juneau, AK (summer of '13) -> where to next?
MonsterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #213
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJ
John,

Where was the interference? Also, what is the gap between the inside of the rack the can? The problem I'm having is the lower left (as looking at your pic) HT pannier mount lug contacts my stock exhaust can. I'm trying to find an exhaust that I'm not going to have that problem with.
Mine was contacting the lower left pannier mount. I didn't want to dimple the can so I just lowered than can a bit. I now have about 1/2" clearance between the two. No exhaust leaks and lots and lots of miles.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #214
LavaFrog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
not a sales person. but some news to share re: LeoVince

This morning I received an email which i wanted to share with inmates looking for a good roar out of their beast. I'm very happy with the Carbon LV I slipped on a month ago.
The email was from LeoVince is about a sale
35 - 50% off starting the 25th. of Oct.
Here is part of the email below, contact them for prices..The Sale begins today, Monday, October 25, 2010. The product will consist primarily of active inventory that was accumulated through returned and rotated product from prior distribution deals.
The sale offers an aggressively reduced dealer pricing structure on a large assortment of LeoVince SBK and X3 Exhausts

LeoVince USA has moved to a business model of being entirely self distributed in the U.S. This year we ended our final distributior relationship and have now begun a serious inventory clean-up and reduction

Hope this saves some cha-ching. Farkle on! So treat your self because this is not a trick.
LavaFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #215
MonsterJ
I have motopsychosis

Thanks for the info, John.

Temple, TX -> Cape May, NJ -> Mobile, AL -> ECity, NC -> Kodiak, AK -> Mobile, AL -> Sacto, CA -> Cape Cod, MA -> New London, CT -> San Francisco, CA -> Juneau, AK (summer of '13) -> where to next?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #216
Renazco Racing Store
Parts, Gear & Such

Oddometer: 242
The sale encompasses more than just returned inventory - it's pretty much anything from 2010 that's taking up excess space in the warehouse in advance of the 2011 influx.

Renazco Racing

Online store: http://www.renazcoracing.com
Phone (0800-1600 Mon-Fri, Pacific or off-hours if we can take your call): (707) 902-DIRT
Email: store@renazcoracing.com

Renazco Racing Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #217
MonsterJ
I have motopsychosis

Mrs. Monster got me a Remus Ti Hexacone for Christmas. No clearance issues with it and the Happy Trails racks. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier.... the sound is intoxicating and it got rid of a lot of the snatchiness in the throttle by having less engine braking. Did I mention it sounds awesome, too?

Old 03-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #218
bebri
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I bought the BOS exhaust in Germany. It costs 199 euro.
On a German bike you put a German exhaust, this week i get it.
bebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 AM   #219
Routard
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Leftover slip-on

Hey you aftermarket exhaust experts out there. I have an old leftover Hindle slip-on exhaust pipe (2in2) that was on my '99 VTR 1000 (or Fire Storm or Super Hawk). If I find an adapter, could I fit that on my F800GS? Would that affect performance because of restriction or size?
Thanks.

ps: brand new to this (or any) forum, please forgive inappropriateness if so.
Routard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 AM   #220
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Routard View Post
Hey you aftermarket exhaust experts out there. I have an old leftover Hindle slip-on exhaust pipe (2in2) that was on my '99 VTR 1000 (or Fire Storm or Super Hawk). If I find an adapter, could I fit that on my F800GS? Would that affect performance because of restriction or size?
Thanks.

Good question! If you do manage to adapt it to the bike it could work IF the restriction is not too much. Since I'm no exhaust expert I couldn't tell you what the limit is.... Someone here might know?

P.S. I believe any slip-on would work with the F8 and keep it legal for forest use because it has a Cat and doesn't require a spark arrestor on the slip-on...
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #221
ducpilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
New skid plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornexts912 View Post
I have a remus header and a akro slip on.......yummy just had to lower my adv spec bashplate.

Black Dog Cycle Works www.blackdogadvbikes.com is releasing their new F800GS skid plate that was designed with Remus exhaust. I got a chance to use one of the first prototypes and it is the strongest skidplate I have used to date. I tested it on Captain Jacks trail in CO and it survived "crankcase alley". Every other skid plate I've used would have been left on the trail.

Bret Tkacs - PSSOR F800GS - Puget Sound Safety
Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #222
ducpilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routard View Post
Thanks.

Fat chance.. the Honda is a V-twin, the Beemer is a parellel twin, you would have do chop them up and then weld them back into a new pipe. I doubt the headers are even the same size at the exhaust port.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #223
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducpilot View Post
...Every other skid plate I've used would have been left on the trail....
You're exaggerating just a bit, right? What did you do to knock them off? I've dragged my skid plate over rocks and tree trunks, and it's shown no sign of coming off.

Fred
FredRydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:58 AM   #224
dendrophobe
Motorbike Junky

Oddometer: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducpilot View Post
Black Dog Cycle Works www.blackdogadvbikes.com is releasing their new F800GS skid plate that was designed with Remus exhaust. I got a chance to use one of the first prototypes and it is the strongest skidplate I have used to date.
Any more info? How much does it cover the oil filter? Cat coverage? Metal thickness?

It's about time somebody made a skid plate that works with aftermarket headers with no mods...
2006 Ducati Sport 1000, Black
Custom built Ducati GT1000 Scrambler, Red
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #225
jttele
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
+1 on the Beowulf muffler

Just got mine and it's the best deal I could ever imagine on an aftermarket exhaust. Looks great, sounds great, has a lifetime warranty, and costs 1/3 to 1/2 of most anything else I've looked at. It actually got to me in North Carolina 3 business days from when they shipped it from the U.K. and cost a total inc. shipping of US$280.00! What's not to like?