Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2011, 05:05 AM   #11
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger 04 rt View Post

I had a single-probe EGT (exhaust gas temperature) system which I later upgraded to a 6 probe (one per cylinder) gauge.

In flight leaning:
Best Power Setting: from the Full Rich setting, lean mixture to peak EGT (first cylinder to peak in a 6 probe system), then richen mixture to 100 degrees F below peak EGT.

Best Economy Setting: from the Full Rich setting, lean mixture to peak EGT (first cylinder to peak in a 6 probe system), then lean mixture to 100 degrees F below peak EGT.

An interesting side note: the one place the engine was NEVER operated was at the Stoichiometric mixture of 14.7:1 as it is neither the Best Power point nor the Best Economy point.
A36 = R1150 Sounds right to me.

Good deal, you had the full 6cyl EGT system. Did you have the matched injector set as well?

That's the thing about the 14.7 stoichiometric mixture, it isn't optimum. Electronic Fuel Injected and catalyst-equipped motors aren't operated at 14.7 either. Instead the mixture is cycled above and below stoichiometry. Which alternately creates an oxygen-rich, followed by an oxygen-lean, exhaust. The alternating oxygen-rich to oxygen-lean exhaust is necessary to operate the catalyst.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote