ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #16
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Assuming that most here are knowledgable with how a torrent file
Works, it would be simpler if we just shared the torrent files
as soon as they become available on racingfor.me

Either sendspace or yousendit links are what I usually use

Thoughts?
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #17
GoNOW OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Assuming that most here are knowledgable with how a torrent file
Works, it would be simpler if we just shared the torrent files
as soon as they become available on racingfor.me

Either sendspace or yousendit links are what I usually use

Thoughts?

Sadly, that won't work. Torrent files from private sites, require an account for access to the tracker. So you just can't share the torrent file with someone else and have it work.

There are other ways around it tho.
GoNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #18
rm_pt
Adventurer
 
rm_pt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 66
hi,can someone send me please an invite via PM? thanks
rm_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
tedder
irregular
 
tedder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles (ktown)
Oddometer: 8,797
so carnivorous fish and the other site have the roadbook and "destination dakar" preview show from Eurosport. How are we going to share this? Just point everyone to the fish?
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
Corvo
Adventurer
 
Corvo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Greece, Norway (back and forth)
Oddometer: 13
If someone can give detailed info about, how can I watch the shows about dakar or the live steaming of the rally it would be appreciated
Corvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #21
kawi222
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 2
Hi all I just checked a certain site that I used last year. It looks like the Road Book and and 2012 destination Dakar is there.
Eurosport in English. I haven't tried it yet myself. I will when I get home.
I cannot post the site if I do they will terminate me so let me know I will PM you

Thanks
kawi222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #22
tedder
irregular
 
tedder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles (ktown)
Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi222 View Post
Hi all I just checked a certain site that I used last year. It looks like the Road Book and and 2012 destination Dakar is there.
Eurosport in English. I haven't tried it yet myself. I will when I get home.
I cannot post the site if I do they will terminate me so let me know I will PM you
well, it's either "p" or "rfm". The "p" site is also called the fish site.
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #23
kawi222
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedder View Post
well, it's either "p" or "rfm". The "p" site is also called the fish site.


Yes it's the "P" site
kawi222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #24
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///
 
Hayduke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Salida, coloRADo
Oddometer: 43,697
both
__________________
"What these people need is some mental psychology."-Bonnie Abbzug

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #25
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNOW View Post
Sadly, that won't work. Torrent files from private sites, require an account for access to the tracker. So you just can't share the torrent file with someone else and have it work.

There are other ways around it tho.
Damn. I distinctly remember mailing torrent files from RU to my assistant (not registered) so he could download his motoGP fix...

has anyone / would anyone be willing to at least give it a go?
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
OK, update.

just mailed the Destination Dakar torrent from RFM to said assistant (not registered), he snatched it no problems...

to quote his reply "fu*&ing phenomenal speed"
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #27
GoNOW OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,541
At the moment, as long as fishy is working and has all the coverage, I am going to use that. However, if that fails us again like last year, then I have a backup plan.

The fishy torrents are set private, so they should not work without an account, but I have not tried it.
GoNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #28
GoNOW OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
OK, update.

just mailed the Destination Dakar torrent from RFM to said assistant (not registered), he snatched it no problems...

to quote his reply "fu*&ing phenomenal speed"

Some torrents may have your account information in them. So if you share them to a group, and they all leech, it will screw up your ratio.
GoNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #29
apeirce
So I was following Andrew
 
apeirce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: CT USA
Oddometer: 2,722
Do not mention the P site.

I've said too much.
__________________
I have friends, and I know other motorcyclists. But truly the best are friends who are motorcyclists.
apeirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #30
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeirce View Post
Do not mention the P site.

I've said too much.
The first rule of Dakar torrents is you don't talk about Dakar torrents. The second rule of Dakar torrents is you don't talk about Dakar torrents.
__________________
RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014