Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #4366
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
We started with

a few miles of pavement...

but soon found some gravel. Yeah, straight, easy, traversing farmland, but a great way to get back in tune with the bikes.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #4367
dustyrider
dirt is just better

Oddometer: 110
Cry Tassel envy

Always the trend-setter, eh. Someday I'll have cool tassels, too. Ride on Mobius
dustyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #4368
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

the miles

melted underneath us.

Dave was having some GPS issues, so I took the lead. We spread out on accounta the dust.

A coupla dead ends necessitating easy re-routes, but it was all on a grid for the most part. High speed fun.

LDF:

Ron, and Dave:

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
Old 12-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #4369
La Donna Fugata
You're not the boss of me

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
I have to introduce the single greatest dirt bike upgrade, EVER.

Leather tassels.
La Donna Fugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #4370
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrider View Post
Always the trend-setter, eh. Someday I'll have cool tassels, too. Ride on Mobius
It's easier than you think. I guarantee you'll have no regrets. Once you ride a dirtbike with tassels, there's no looking back.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #4371
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Break time

Ron didn't have a camelbak, and called for a rest to rehydrate.

Hey Ron, did santa bring you a drinkbag of some sort? Truth be told, we all could use the stretch:

Photo-op with Monkey in a tree,

Dave did a jig,

it's a Canadian thing.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #4372
dustyrider
dirt is just better

Oddometer: 110
Laugh Tassels envy part deux

Coolio, and they're vintage, too. (I wonder what that means?)
dustyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #4373
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Women and children

hell, even the men-folk, ran for safety as we rolled through Drayton Valley.

I think we gassed up if memory serves. But it was quickly back to the harvest:

Another break,

liquid for bodies,

and bikes. In Cynthia we gassed up for I think the last time for a good long while, and picked up some vittles for dinner.

then back into the wilds. We started to get this creeping sensation that we were leaving the flats and entering the hills. It was a near perfect day, and I was slipping into... not the

but The Mobius Zone

Old 12-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #4374
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Again,

I must object to crossing the Pembina "river" (sic).

since "na" means "river" in the Athabaskan languages,

technically I think we crossed the Pembina, or the Pembi river. But who am I, the grammar police?

What a perfect day!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #4375
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

We struggled a bit

trying to find a campground, got a little turned around. So we stopped and busted out the (gasp) paper maps.

and we were able to trace our route, and figure out where we were, and where we wanted to go, and we found a short(ish) cut, and eventually got to Elk River Rd (?) which got us to the campground:

It was a great start to the ride.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #4376
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

We set up camp

cut firewood,

cooked dinner,

and sipped adult beverages until night fell, and after hanging out at our awesome campfire, we turned in for the night to end a great start to M8!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #4377
konaunit1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Yay! more Mobius.

Looking forward to being glued to the computer

Hope you guys had a merry christmas and have a great new year!!

Rich
konaunit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #4378
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011. M8-day#2

Sept. 11th. Never quite sure what to say. Life goes on, I guess. Here we are in the beautiful back country, cut off from all media. I woke up early and made this video:

"September 11th. We have no idea what's going on in the world. I don't think anyone else does either."

The sun also rises,

and after the others were up, Ron shared this poem with us which he reads every Sept. 11th:

Amen to that.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #4379
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by konaunit1 View Post
Yay! more Mobius.

Looking forward to being glued to the computer

Hope you guys had a merry christmas and have a great new year!!

Rich

+1 - Yea most of us will have some pretty un-productive first weeks back at work in 2012.
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #4380
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

As the sun chased away

the night's chill, we packed up,

and enjoyed the solitude and quiet of the morning before a long day of wanton petrol consumption and internal combustion with abandon.