User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Magnum1b OP
Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer: 745
Cool2 15th Annual Stagecoach Ride to Eat

I returned about 10PM last night from a wonderful two days riding with my friends Jim, Vic, and Eugene down to Ft Walton Beach, over to The Last Ride of the Year at the Stagecoach Cafe in Stockton, Alabama, and capping it off with a swing a House Warming Party in Vinings, Georgia. All total I rode 806 GPS miles in 12.05 hours of actual riding burning gas at about 35 miles to the gallon except for the last leg when headwinds and elevated freeway speed knocked it back to 30.5 mpg and I came close to running out of gas on I-20 a quarter mile from my exit. ;(

I experienced two sunrises and two sunsets, cool Gulf of Mexico Beaches, excellent Hibachi fare in Destin, Galaxy Diner and Waffle House Breakfast's, melt in your mouth catfish and chicken at The Stagecoach Cafe, and most importantly the fellowship of hundreds of fellow motorcyclist from near and far who rode the ride for the people they know and the new friends they made on the trip. My little BMW F650 "Dino Negro" ran flawlessly and held his own with the bigger bikes I accompanied. He also turned over 50,000 miles shortly after we left Stockton. That little bike has brought miles of smiles to many faces over the last thirteen years and hopefully will continue to bring more to me in the coming year.

To all my Friends Take care and ride safe. Let discretion be your guide in your celebratory wanderings this evening because we definitely want you to be around for 2012. Congratulations to Dave McQueenie from Southern California for scoring the Longest Distance Award on his BMW Dakar. Dave makes all the big Long Distance events and contributes immensely to the sport we enjoy. Thanks you Dave. Thanks also to John Harrison from Birmingham for continuing the tradition of The Stagecoach Ride to Eat, aka: The Last Ride of the Year and to Ray Fagan who started this little bit of insanity some fifteen years ago. I'm sure neither imagined how big the event would grow. A BIG thanks go to the Staff at The Stagecoach cafe and to their regular customers who entertain us once a year. They do a jam-up job of getting everybody fed and processed through in a leisurely manner and I'm sure they deserve a rest this morning.
Magnum1b is offline   Reply With Quote