User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #11
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,920
I bought mine for my 990 directly from Australia pre TT selling them. I used them for 50K and then when I changed the use of my bike I sold them to another inmate. My bike is now a two up tourer in Europe, not a Northern Canada bike.

What I learned, the Ethanol fuel "helps" them grow and black tanks really soak up the sun and always buy gas after lunch. Capacity grew to just over 12 gallons US. I managed 700 KMs + in Normal riding 600K's if I was riding Western highways.

Full Tanks on a loaded bike really make the soft front end more of a challenge. The Traxxion Dynamics front fixed that up. When you are travelling North the extra gas is a real treat.

I agree with the poster who discussed quality, they are farm equipment fit and finish, I managed to shop vac out a lot of plastic bits before I installed them. They are a pain to mount and remount compared to the stock tanks.

I would buy a bigger tank for my Super Tenere in a heart beat
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote