Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #11836
supernick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefrmGV
Wow, Nice picture. Are you really in Moscow?
Yes we are.
Three BRPs with FMF pipe scared harness sled dogs.I had to untangle ))

supernick screwed with this post 01-05-2012 at 03:03 AM
supernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #11837
supernick
Adventurer

For example, in Russia the BRP 2000-2006 sell for $ 7000-8000 . Customs payment is 42%
Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #11838
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
The RAM wingnut on my Zumo mount has plenty of leverage to get it as tight as you'd ever want. It holds that hefty zumo 550 steady.

Yeah, I've had a Zumo with RAM mount and just like the Double Take mirrors you could get it tight enough to stay still after a few days of riding, but initially it would move around.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #11839
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,445
I have these Dual Star mirrors and love them, no need to ever move them!

http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Equi...ble_mirror.htm

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #11840
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty

Oddometer: 646
Great picture SuperNick thanks.

I have been trying to sell a few bikes and it is hard right now. I have sweet cr250r 2000 and no one has even come to look at it. tax time is around the corner hope it sells soon. will trade for a xr650r is how my add ends.
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #11841
oldxr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,062
I am looking for another xrr rear wheel to put a cheaper tire on when i run around town and local paved roads.running dunlop 606 or pirelli mt21's dont last long on the street.A cush drive hub would be a +.maybe a xr650l rear wheel?
oldxr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #11842
supernick
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldxr View Post
I am looking for another xrr rear wheel to put a cheaper tire on when i run around town and local paved roads.running dunlop 606 or pirelli mt21's dont last long on the street.A cush drive hub would be a +.maybe a xr650l rear wheel?
I prefer Dunlop Trailmax and Dunlop D606
Old 01-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #11843
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusgatos View Post
What kind of money are you guys buying/selling 650R's for these days? Only asking because I put mine up for sale a while ago, thinking it was priced pretty reasonably, but the fact that it hasn't sold has got me scratching my head. Wondering if I might have it priced too high, or maybe I should just chalk it up to the economy being down, being the middle of winter, etc. Back when my brother and I were buying/selling more of these, we were snapping up stock plated bikes for under $2500, but seemed like anything that was nicely built and in decent condition was at least $3500. What's the market like these days?

Time of year has allot to do with it, typically it's hard to get a good price for a bike you're selling in the winter. I've seen your bike, lots of nice mods. If it was mine to sell, I'd take a DA with some fine paper to the side covers and make 'em look all white and new and throw on a set of stickers for the shrouds. Little stuff but it would add allot to the curb appeal. You and I know it doesn't have squat to do with the bike's condition, you want to get them out to look at it (interested), the bike will sell itself when they do.

I tried to sell a truck for awhile, didn't worry about doing anything special to get it ready, all I got was a couple calls on it, had it detailed, put some nice big pics on CL and it was sold in a week.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #11844
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
i would've stopped to help her untangle the team, too!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #11845
XRx
Broken Filter

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
i would've stopped to help her untangle the team, too!

My first thought was that she could use some gloves/hat/coat!

As for Gatos' bike.

I agree with the point about shroud stickers adding curb appeal. Also with the other point made about if the price gets too high, it's tough to compete with newer technology bikes. As for mods, I tend to value an unmodded bike more than a modded bike. In my case, I looked at one bike that was farkled up pretty good for less money, then a week later paid $500 more for the mostly unmodded one. The logic, for me anyway, is that a modded bike was probably used more and harder by a more serious rider, whereas the more original a bike is, maybe it wasn't used as much and as hard. Can't really quantify that, it's more of an emotional thing, but I know for me at least, it was a real factor in my decision. Honestly Gatos, probably a great bike, but in my opinion, when I saw your price, I was thinking it was quite high, well for the market around here anyway. Obviously that's just my opinion, and the value of something is really set only by where the buyer and seller are willing to comprimise, so my opinion doesn't really matter if I'm not trying to buy it, but just throwing it out there since it is being discussed.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #11846
supernick
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRx View Post
My first thought was that she could use some gloves/hat/coat!
14F isn't a frost for trained woman

Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #11847
worldrider555
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Hello all.

Just picked up a really nice 2000 xr650r from a fellow member.

Just getting around to setting it up how I like it.

I installed a Trailtech Vapor on it and am in the process of setting it up and had a few questions.

What did you all put in for the wheel size in mm? I hav 2195 in there now on the stock rim with kenda trakmasters.

Also what did you put for the pulse settings?

I searched high and low for this info so any help would be appreciated.

Obligatory pic
Attached Images

worldrider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #11848
aiMhi
Now with Titanium

Oddometer: 628
The good old XR650R rear subframe..... I don’t want to start up the discussion on why it is breaking etc. but since I want to ride further and load more than before I might have some problems this year, plus my butt is not getting any lighter. I wanted to eliminate another “might” on my bike and tinker in the garage.

Yes, I could have just bought one for $350 -$500 but since I have a welder, two hands and time over Christmas I gave it a go. I thought I would share pictures of what I ended up with if anyone else was going to give it a shot.

I picked up a roll of flux wire ($12), M8 nuts/bolts ($10), 5/8 A513 mild steel tubing (hell I cant bend it) $8 for 20ft, some other flat steel that was lying around a can of paint ($8) and a can of Bernzomatic Propylene ($13) to bend things up.

Don’t pick on my welding, don’t worry it will hold up J

Picture 1. New and Old . Pretty much duplicated the bends from the old frame. The compound bends on the downward sections are a bit tricky but do-able. If I had to redo them I would NOT do a compound bend on the exhaust side section, just a straight section of pipe. Since the airbox is cradled by the frame on the driver left side you have to get that side right. Since I said that I did not want to discuss why the frame is fragile I will contradict myself now. Whoever engineered this POS created a load point on the top left where it connects to the shock tower. The bottom connections are not at the same hight (balanced) so it transfers any weight to roll to the left top (if all that makes sense).

Picture 2. After Paint
Note that I added flat steel to the inside of the downward sections to firm things up a bit. I should go clean up my crap bracing attempt on the back left but what the hell it gives it character.

Picture 3. Rear view - always my favorite!
The additional brace between the downward sections should firm things up. A little tricky to find the right location but if you have the subframe mounted it is easy to find the correct location for it. Not to state the obvious but make sure it does not interfere with the shock when it compressssses.

Picture 4. Side View on Bike
Not sure how but I was about 1/4 inch off when I eyeballed the location of the seat bolts...so I just welded some more steel to it taking it to that narly Mad Max looking level.

Pictue 5. That's it. There was a total of 14 hookup points that had to line up just right for the bolts and nuts to connect where they should. All in all happy with how it came out. My next project will be to build a rear rack and maybe even a crashguard for my Acerbis 6 Gal tank - have not seen one of those anywhere.

aiMhi screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 03:09 PM
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #11849
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkBRP View Post
The good old XR650R rear subframe..... I don’t want to start up the discussion on why it is breaking etc. but since I want to ride further and load more I might have some problems this year, plus my butt is not getting any lighter. I wanted to eliminate another “might” on my bike and tinker in the garage.

Yes, I could have just bought one for $350 -$500 but since I have a welder (cheap H Freight $90 flux wire), two hands and time over Christmas I gave it a go. I thought I would share pictures of what I ended up with if anyone else was going to give it a go.

I picked up a roll of flux wire ($12), M8 nuts/bolts ($10), 5/8 A513 mild steel tubing (hell I cant bend it) $8 for 20ft, some other flat steel that was lying around a can of paint ($8) and a can of Bernzomatic Propylene ($13) to bend things up.

Don’t pick on my welding, don’t worry it will hold up J

Picture 1. New and Old . Pretty much duplicated the bends from the old frame. The compound bends on the downward sections are a bit tricky but do-able. If I had to redo them I would NOT do a compound bend on the exhaust side section just a straight section of pipe.

To be continued….
Nice going , did you weigh them yet
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #11850
aiMhi
Now with Titanium

Oddometer: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleplant View Post
Nice going , did you weigh them yet
Yeah - based on my non scientific bathroom scale with the decimal is not working, the stock is around 2LB - super light AND flexible. Mine is around 4-5LB - but she carries the weight well and does not create a "muffin top"
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote