ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #736
BC61 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
BC61's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
Great writeup! Your story telling skills are outstanding. I sincerely hope you will take as along for the ride in 2013.
Funny,when talking with my girlfriend she tells me tells me just to hurry up just get to the ending
__________________
BC Moto Adventures https://www.facebook.com/pages/BC-Mo...2554006?ref=hl

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #737
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!
 
Flanny's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the World, the Universe
Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC61 View Post
Funny,when talking with my girlfriend she tells me tells me just to hurry up just get to the ending

Don"t worry Bill, it's pretty common, in fact I get that from all the girls....what gives?
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #738
2upadv
Studly Adventurer
 
2upadv's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Adirondacks NY
Oddometer: 917
Bill I cant tell you how much we enjoyed following your journey to Dakar 2012 and look forward to hearing the details first hand next time we meet.

Jim & Lisa
2upadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #739
RussianBear
Guest
 
Oddometer: n/a
Thumb to all the fookers that gave me shit...

u r all sound like a communist party congress in North Korea:
Bill is GOD, we love Bill (ok i can understand this part :), Bill could do no wrong but if you do not face the reality you never improve.

russki is telling the truth: bike been bilt but had not been tested.
i am a professional tester and in our world the software system is assumed not to work unless it passes rigorous tests. Why did the british actor survived 3 days on Dakar - because his bike survived 3 days! why did Simon Pavey finished Dakar - because his bike finished the DAKAR!

buttom line - Bill might have been ready to go on for 15 days .... but the bike WAS NOT even close.

Look at Deprey , what a fooking animal,, never rushes things, started racing on day 3-4...

cheers boys, swallow your pride, admit mistakes move on
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #740
silverboy
Bunny
 
silverboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Boulder.Colorado
Oddometer: 544
__________________
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve Mcqueen
silverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #741
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder
 
Boondoggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central VA
Oddometer: 12,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
u r all sound like a communist party congress in North Korea:
Bill is GOD, we love Bill (ok i can understand this part :), Bill could do no wrong but if you do not face the reality you never improve.

russki is telling the truth: bike been bilt but had not been tested.
i am a professional tester and in our world the software system is assumed not to work unless it passes rigorous tests. Why did the british actor survived 3 days on Dakar - because his bike survived 3 days! why did Simon Pavey finished Dakar - because his bike finished the DAKAR!

buttom line - Bill might have been ready to go on for 15 days .... but the bike WAS NOT even close.

Look at Deprey , what a fooking animal,, never rushes things, started racing on day 3-4...

cheers boys, swallow your pride, admit mistakes move on
You sure do talk a lot.

Must be an awful challenge to stuff so many words into so few thoughts.

Come back when you have something worth saying.


edit: How do you say "pendejo" in Russian?
__________________
____
"Be seated on the front porch at Yokum's store, and sooner or later a friend will ride up." -Old Lion
What is wrong with you guys? -RapidWife
Whoever shows up next better bring ice. -Tom C

Boondoggle screwed with this post 01-07-2012 at 06:35 PM
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #742
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
u r all sound like a communist party congress in North Korea:
Bill is GOD, we love Bill (ok i can understand this part :), Bill could do no wrong but if you do not face the reality you never improve.

russki is telling the truth: bike been bilt but had not been tested.
i am a professional tester and in our world the software system is assumed not to work unless it passes rigorous tests. Why did the british actor survived 3 days on Dakar - because his bike survived 3 days! why did Simon Pavey finished Dakar - because his bike finished the DAKAR!

buttom line - Bill might have been ready to go on for 15 days .... but the bike WAS NOT even close.

Look at Deprey , what a fooking animal,, never rushes things, started racing on day 3-4...

cheers boys, swallow your pride, admit mistakes move on
More augiebonics.

Must be a Bahstin thang.

Can someone please translate?
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #743
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT
 
One Less Harley's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Oddometer: 4,578
Bear's drinking Vodka again.......
__________________
2004 BMW R1150RS
1984 BMW R80G/S
(wrenching index)
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #744
Tork
Beastly Adventurer
 
Tork's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Duvall, WA.
Oddometer: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
u r all sound like a communist party congress in North Korea:
Bill is GOD, we love Bill (ok i can understand this part :), Bill could do no wrong but if you do not face the reality you never improve.

russki is telling the truth: bike been bilt but had not been tested.
i am a professional tester and in our world the software system is assumed not to work unless it passes rigorous tests. Why did the british actor survived 3 days on Dakar - because his bike survived 3 days! why did Simon Pavey finished Dakar - because his bike finished the DAKAR!

buttom line - Bill might have been ready to go on for 15 days .... but the bike WAS NOT even close.

Look at Deprey , what a fooking animal,, never rushes things, started racing on day 3-4...

cheers boys,swallow your pride, admit mistakes move on
Works both ways .
__________________
:ymca
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #745
darrendeep6
BMW Dirty Dozen
 
darrendeep6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
u r all sound like a communist party congress in North Korea:
Bill is GOD, we love Bill (ok i can understand this part :), Bill could do no wrong but if you do not face the reality you never improve.

russki is telling the truth: bike been bilt but had not been tested.
i am a professional tester and in our world the software system is assumed not to work unless it passes rigorous tests. Why did the british actor survived 3 days on Dakar - because his bike survived 3 days! why did Simon Pavey finished Dakar - because his bike finished the DAKAR!

buttom line - Bill might have been ready to go on for 15 days .... but the bike WAS NOT even close.

Look at Deprey , what a fooking animal,, never rushes things, started racing on day 3-4...

cheers boys, swallow your pride, admit mistakes move on
Is it a russian thing to try and speak intelligently about a subject that you are painfully ignorant of. You are missing the point of Bill being a privateer and the budget that goes with that. A lot of people including myself have suggested you go and try some racing. You are a keyboard commando of the worst kind.
darrendeep6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #746
SansSand
Dirty Smile
 
SansSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 52
I will not honor you by reposting your foul smelling non minted breath filled statements

Bear Arse... I had a book to write and then unfortunately i gave too many minutes away of my life to look at your postings and try to figure out wtf is wrong with u. *
There I found a little man who tears people down. Why we idolize Bill and loath you is because Bill, in word and action, encourages people to follow their dreams. *You tear people down. *
Just curious...Today I took my experience from Bill's BMW training and the example he sets of getting out there and "doing it"*and rode in the wood, got hit in the head more than once by a low branch, dropped my bike,helped pickup other bikes navigated ruts and what ever I came across under the leaves...until the sun set...and now am taking that mild muscle relaxer Bill referenced in his blog...what did you do today...type?? How embarrassing*

SansSand screwed with this post 01-07-2012 at 09:26 PM
SansSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #747
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 5,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
You sure do talk a lot.

Must be an awful challenge to stuff so many words into so few thoughts.

Come back when you have something worth saying.


edit: How do you say "pendejo" in Russian?
I think of the one Russian curse I know and I am going to spell wrong "dolbobe" but it sounds like a Bear to me.
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #748
JoeyBones
Encouraging Entropy
 
JoeyBones's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Charlotte, Y'all
Oddometer: 1,293
Amazing story Bill. Just amazing. Thank you for sharing the details, and enjoy the rest of your stay down there.
__________________
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #749
HogWild
Scott Whitney
 
HogWild's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal USA
Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
i am a professional tester and in our world the software system is assumed not to work unless it passes rigorous tests.
Dude, stay in the world you know, and avoid making a fool of yourself when it comes to things you don't know. It seems you need to test your knowledge of Dakar a bit more before releasing your opinion to the public! You have absolutely no clue what it takes to get to the starting line of Dakar let alone the finish line. You clearly have no clue what motivates Bill, why he took the approach to Dakar that he did, and what amount of effort and time he put in to even start the race. You have no clue what it takes to prepare a bike for Dakar, or particularly what it takes to design and build a machine for a race like Dakar. EVERY single vehicle in Dakar has mechanical failures. There is a 100% failure rate for vehicles in Dakar. Some failures have easier fixes than others, and some failures occur at good times and some at bad times. Many of the Dakar teams spend millions designing and testing those vehicles before the race, and still have problems. Why is that? There is no amount of testing that will find every possible failure mode. And there is no amount of designing and testing that can make a machine 100% immune to problems. Every vehicle includes a million compromises in its design. And every effort to get into the event includes a million compromises. You're living in a fantasy world if you think ANY vehicle in Dakar is 100% tested for every possible issue.

Are you suggesting that there has NEVER been a SINGLE bug found, in even one line of code, in ANY software that your organization had previously tested? Really?

I myself had a very similar experience in Dakar as Bill. Did I fail to get to the finish of Dakar, . . . yes. But did I accomplish many things that almost nobody else ever accomplishes, . . . YES. I am incredibly proud of my accomplishments. I can assure you I would not trade my experience in Dakar for anything, even though I did not make it to the finish. Every person who gets to the starting line in Dakar has accomplished what 99% of those on ADV can only dream of. When YOU build your own unique vehicle, test it to your satisfaction, race it in Dakar, and get it to the finish, THEN come and tell us what you think of Bill's effort.

Bill is a 100% success at getting to race in Dakar. You are a 100% failure.
__________________
.
New desert racing frontiers
It will be Diabolical!

HogWild screwed with this post 01-07-2012 at 09:07 PM
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #750
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal
 
theantipaul's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Niwot
Oddometer: 1,046
Very well said HogWild.
__________________
degarate@highwaydirtbikes.com

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014