Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #736
BC61 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
Great writeup! Your story telling skills are outstanding. I sincerely hope you will take as along for the ride in 2013.
Funny,when talking with my girlfriend she tells me tells me just to hurry up just get to the ending

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #737
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC61 View Post
Funny,when talking with my girlfriend she tells me tells me just to hurry up just get to the ending

Don"t worry Bill, it's pretty common, in fact I get that from all the girls....what gives?
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #738
2upadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 917
Bill I cant tell you how much we enjoyed following your journey to Dakar 2012 and look forward to hearing the details first hand next time we meet.

Jim & Lisa
2upadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #739
RussianBear

Oddometer: n/a
Thumb to all the fookers that gave me shit...

u r all sound like a communist party congress in North Korea:
Bill is GOD, we love Bill (ok i can understand this part :), Bill could do no wrong but if you do not face the reality you never improve.

russki is telling the truth: bike been bilt but had not been tested.
i am a professional tester and in our world the software system is assumed not to work unless it passes rigorous tests. Why did the british actor survived 3 days on Dakar - because his bike survived 3 days! why did Simon Pavey finished Dakar - because his bike finished the DAKAR!

buttom line - Bill might have been ready to go on for 15 days .... but the bike WAS NOT even close.

Look at Deprey , what a fooking animal,, never rushes things, started racing on day 3-4...

cheers boys, swallow your pride, admit mistakes move on
Old 01-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #740
silverboy
Bunny

Oddometer: 544

Steve Mcqueen
silverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #741
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 12,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
Bill is GOD, we love Bill (ok i can understand this part :), Bill could do no wrong but if you do not face the reality you never improve.

i am a professional tester and in our world the software system is assumed not to work unless it passes rigorous tests. Why did the british actor survived 3 days on Dakar - because his bike survived 3 days! why did Simon Pavey finished Dakar - because his bike finished the DAKAR!

buttom line - Bill might have been ready to go on for 15 days .... but the bike WAS NOT even close.

Look at Deprey , what a fooking animal,, never rushes things, started racing on day 3-4...

You sure do talk a lot.

Must be an awful challenge to stuff so many words into so few thoughts.

Come back when you have something worth saying.

edit: How do you say "pendejo" in Russian?
Whoever shows up next better bring ice. -Tom C

Boondoggle screwed with this post 01-07-2012 at 06:35 PM
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #742
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,265
Quote:

More augiebonics.

Must be a Bahstin thang.

Can someone please translate?
Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #743
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,578
Bear's drinking Vodka again.......
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #744
Tork
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,430
Quote:

cheers boys,swallow your pride, admit mistakes move on
Works both ways .
Old 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #745
darrendeep6
BMW Dirty Dozen

Oddometer: 273
Quote:

Is it a russian thing to try and speak intelligently about a subject that you are painfully ignorant of. You are missing the point of Bill being a privateer and the budget that goes with that. A lot of people including myself have suggested you go and try some racing. You are a keyboard commando of the worst kind.
darrendeep6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #746
SansSand
Dirty Smile

Oddometer: 52
I will not honor you by reposting your foul smelling non minted breath filled statements

Bear Arse... I had a book to write and then unfortunately i gave too many minutes away of my life to look at your postings and try to figure out wtf is wrong with u. *
There I found a little man who tears people down. Why we idolize Bill and loath you is because Bill, in word and action, encourages people to follow their dreams. *You tear people down. *
Just curious...Today I took my experience from Bill's BMW training and the example he sets of getting out there and "doing it"*and rode in the wood, got hit in the head more than once by a low branch, dropped my bike,helped pickup other bikes navigated ruts and what ever I came across under the leaves...until the sun set...and now am taking that mild muscle relaxer Bill referenced in his blog...what did you do today...type?? How embarrassing*

SansSand screwed with this post 01-07-2012 at 09:26 PM
SansSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #747
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 5,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
You sure do talk a lot.

Must be an awful challenge to stuff so many words into so few thoughts.

Come back when you have something worth saying.

edit: How do you say "pendejo" in Russian?
I think of the one Russian curse I know and I am going to spell wrong "dolbobe" but it sounds like a Bear to me.
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #748
JoeyBones
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,293
Amazing story Bill. Just amazing. Thank you for sharing the details, and enjoy the rest of your stay down there.
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #749
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
i am a professional tester and in our world the software system is assumed not to work unless it passes rigorous tests.
Dude, stay in the world you know, and avoid making a fool of yourself when it comes to things you don't know. It seems you need to test your knowledge of Dakar a bit more before releasing your opinion to the public! You have absolutely no clue what it takes to get to the starting line of Dakar let alone the finish line. You clearly have no clue what motivates Bill, why he took the approach to Dakar that he did, and what amount of effort and time he put in to even start the race. You have no clue what it takes to prepare a bike for Dakar, or particularly what it takes to design and build a machine for a race like Dakar. EVERY single vehicle in Dakar has mechanical failures. There is a 100% failure rate for vehicles in Dakar. Some failures have easier fixes than others, and some failures occur at good times and some at bad times. Many of the Dakar teams spend millions designing and testing those vehicles before the race, and still have problems. Why is that? There is no amount of testing that will find every possible failure mode. And there is no amount of designing and testing that can make a machine 100% immune to problems. Every vehicle includes a million compromises in its design. And every effort to get into the event includes a million compromises. You're living in a fantasy world if you think ANY vehicle in Dakar is 100% tested for every possible issue.

Are you suggesting that there has NEVER been a SINGLE bug found, in even one line of code, in ANY software that your organization had previously tested? Really?

I myself had a very similar experience in Dakar as Bill. Did I fail to get to the finish of Dakar, . . . yes. But did I accomplish many things that almost nobody else ever accomplishes, . . . YES. I am incredibly proud of my accomplishments. I can assure you I would not trade my experience in Dakar for anything, even though I did not make it to the finish. Every person who gets to the starting line in Dakar has accomplished what 99% of those on ADV can only dream of. When YOU build your own unique vehicle, test it to your satisfaction, race it in Dakar, and get it to the finish, THEN come and tell us what you think of Bill's effort.

Bill is a 100% success at getting to race in Dakar. You are a 100% failure.

HogWild screwed with this post 01-07-2012 at 09:07 PM
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #750
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,046
Very well said HogWild.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote