ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #751
Jadon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 135
'Fools russ-ian where angels fear to tread'

Bill I can understand your bitterness that it was a part designed and built by yourself that ultimately ended your rally. Nothing anyone says can make that go away. But don't beat yourself up over it- yours was a stout effort on the available budget.
Many of us learned a huge amount by following your build. Including a few priceless lessons from the school of hard knocks. For this I thank you. Thank you for sharing it all so openly.
All the best for whatever you do next.

Cheers.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #752
JoeyBones
Encouraging Entropy
 
JoeyBones's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Charlotte, Y'all
Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
Very well said HogWild.
Exactly.
__________________
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 AM   #753
Mr. Magoo
Follow me; I'm lost!
 
Mr. Magoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 4,949
Pffffttt.... what does Hogwild know about DAKAR anyway ....

Right on! HogWild!
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #754
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer
 
JALnSC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Florence SC
Oddometer: 1,032
Russian bear - Buttom line is ---- go ride your GS through a mud puddle on your way to starbucks and draw a bunch of gawkers, tell them how you DID the BMW course and the dragon.
Some of the videos y'all took. ( that's right y'all ) and it is not special.
Rode yesterday on sand roads and brush trails. Went up some steep hills and back down. But it dosent qualify me to make armchair calls about anything profesional do.
You are a computer guy, right. I am NOT, know nothing about them other than what I deal with at work. So I don't make inputs to show my lack of knowlege on those subjects.
__________________
You think chicks dig guys looking like road-grimed power-rangers with cool scars?
You must be smoking rope, Boy!
JALnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #755
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!
 
Alleycatdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: True Norcal, not that Bay Area/Sacto Crap...
Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post

edit: How do you say "pendejo" in Russian?
Quote. Of. The. Day.

S
__________________
When in doubt, PIN IT! It may not help, but it'll sure end the suspense...
Wretched Exce$$ See ADVr's around the world-ADV spotwalla page
Riding Wretched Wretched Passes
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #756
MX1WEST
Acerbis Gear
 
MX1WEST's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Oddometer: 76
Bill you rock and your effort is inpirational to alot of people including me. Mechanical tap out is what it is. You competed in the 2012 Dakar. Send me some pics Looking forward to what's next. J
__________________
WWW.MX1WEST.COM
MX1WEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #757
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 4,958
While not the happiest of images, I did spot Bill's bike in the EuroSport Rest Day coverage. Somebody had mentioned they wanted an image of it on the broom truck and this was what I could find. There were no side images in the video.

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #758
sweetfeed
Boxher
 
sweetfeed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Back home
Oddometer: 1,368
Bill's bike looks pissed.
sweetfeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #759
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer
 
SCflyer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Back in NC
Oddometer: 1,560
Per RB -" Why did the british actor survived 3 days on Dakar - because his bike survived 3 days! why did Simon Pavey finished Dakar - because his bike finished the DAKAR!"

I thought CB didn't finish the DAKAR because he busted his hand, guess I missed something.
__________________
"Not all those who wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
SCflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #760
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP
 
Stagehand's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shawangunks
Oddometer: 25,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfeed View Post
Bill's bike looks pissed.
haha it does doesn't it :lol. :grrrrr
__________________
Unintentional psychokinesis.
Stagehand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #761
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?
 
hardwaregrrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 6,807
I just realized I've got a couple of BIG friends that live in Brookline
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #762
JoeyBones
Encouraging Entropy
 
JoeyBones's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Charlotte, Y'all
Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCflyer View Post
Per RB -" Why did the british actor survived 3 days on Dakar - because his bike survived 3 days! why did Simon Pavey finished Dakar - because his bike finished the DAKAR!"

I thought CB didn't finish the DAKAR because he busted his hand, guess I missed something.
I could go back and look, but I think he messed up both hands maybe? Broke one and dislocated something on the other? I just remember that it was incomprehensible to me that he rode even two minutes afterwards, let alone several hours.
__________________
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #763
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder
 
Ruffus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Erie,Ontario
Oddometer: 4,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfeed View Post
Bill's bike looks pissed.

That bikes look is saying get me here next year & I'll show no mercy & take no prisoners.
__________________
We spend our lives chipping away at our ignorance :wisdom by Dakez

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??



Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #764
hubilado
Motoquiero
 
hubilado's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Northern New Mexico
Oddometer: 153
Google says..... глупый

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycatdad View Post
Quote. Of. The. Day.

S
hubilado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #765
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,172
sorry about the DNF.. even a single day event's DNF hurts and makes you think of the shoulda coulda woulda... great effort!
__________________
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .

wrk2surf screwed with this post 01-09-2012 at 09:27 AM
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014