Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #11
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
If you could persuade him to even do a few posts here, even one or two posts know and one or two right before next year's Dakar, it would go a long way in drumming up fervent support among the Rallye Tragic. Obviously we already like and support him, but for a tiny, tiny bit of effort he could dramatically magnify his U.S. support.
That would be awesome. I think Quinn (and the unfortunately AWOL in the future Jonah, and Bill) are all guys that were sadly missing from this year's race.
Sadly because -like Ned- I get the impression that they are fantastic ambassadors of the sport as people

Good points by Jaybo and Packmule, I would suggest waiting for Ted's book to come out as well, I
think it is going to open up a a can of worms (in every good sense of the phrase) as to what inmates
will want to be let in on during the race (The "Inside the Helmet" factor. Good term)

The US market really needs the exposure right now, seeing as the usual contenders (Spain, Portugal, France Italy)
are all heading for financial melt-down, and taking into consideration that 99% of the Dakar are the privateers (something
the money-grabbing ASO would have us forget), it would only be a good thing for North American riders.

just my 0.02€

Brodovitch screwed with this post 01-22-2012 at 04:39 AM
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote