User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #136
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 75,778
Since so many of the races are boring, I think they should be decided this way:

Cut those ridiculously complicated front wings into small pieces. The first team that can reassemble its wing properly, wins.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #137
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,858
Select seats

If you wish to be at the Start Finish line of the Austin GP, Click here to reserve.

FYI, you will most likely know who the winner is from a more interesting position on the circuit. Your chance of a photo finish is not high.

shrineclown screwed with this post 01-21-2012 at 10:37 PM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #138
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 23,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
If you wish to be at the Start Finish line of the Austin GP, Click here to reserve.

FYI, you will most likely know who the winner is from a more interesting position on the circuit. Your chance of a photo finish is not high.
Quote:
Fatal Failure
Are tix on sale yet?

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #139
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
Are tix on sale yet?
Reservations, go on sale 3/1, I think. This is for the select seating and luxury box seating. Fixed link, I hope.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #140
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,230
Kimi!

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #141
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I agree. His ride was already shaky. Then he goes and does that. As I posted earlier, that was roughly the same time that he finally woke up and realized the trouble he was in. His performances, at least in qualifying, improved. But too little, too late.
yeah but....
Quote:

Thanks for putting together the race results, Greg. Sutil did better in the first half than I remembered. I have to think that Force India, which doesn't like to pay its bills and is notoriously cheap, might be saving money by dumping a veteran like Sutil.

I guess I was thinking of qualifying, which is usually a truer test of teammates. Sutil started slow but finished fast. However, the margin was only occasionally large enough to justify what I suspect were Sutil's larger wages.

2010 Force India Qualifying

Sutil
16 17 11 12 17 15 14 19 11 8 8 15 12 9 11 10 8 9 8
DiResta
14 14 8 13 16 14 11 12 6 12 11 18 11 10 12 9 13 10 11

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
so just to remind you that Sutil drove about "average" all year, and attacking the Renault guy with a broken champagne glass.... not so cool
Quote:
News reports are claiming that Genii Capital CEO is gearing up to launch a 10 million damages claim against Adrian Sutil, who caused the Frenchman to need up to 24 stitches in his neck when he assaulted him with a broken champagne glass at a Shanghai nightclub during the Chinese Grand Prix weekend.

While the incident was not investigated by Chinese police and no criminal charges have been laid, it is believed that Lux will launch a civil suit in addition to filing a complaint with the FIA, according to a report in sport24.com.
While all parties have confirmed the incident, all are sticking to it being a private matter in their respective press releases, with Sutil declaring the incident was unintentional and accidental.
All up, there appears to be lots of stories and few concrete facts. The number of stitches required by Lux is seemingly up for debate, as are the number of people apparently involved in the incident itself.
The issue of alcohol being a factor is not something that many have discussed. Glassing someone is not an everyday behaviour of a sober person, and it would be logical to presume that Sutil may have had a couple in the lead-up to the incident.
Even Sutils explanation that the injuries he afflicted on Lux were done completely unintentionally is particularly curious. Its difficult to see how sticking a broken champagne glass in someones neck could not be done without a degree of intent.
Todays F1 drivers rarely drink and are therefore more prone to the affects of alcohol than the general population, but you can speculate on this story until the chickens proverbially come home to roost.
Where this could become problematic is if the FIA decided to open the book and investigate the matter. Sutil has been quick to distance the incident as being unrelated to his duties as a Formula 1 driver, but the FIA recently confirmed it was taking any off-track incidents that damaged the sports reputation very seriously.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #142
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 879
Two things:

1.) Sutil is a dumbass for dong this

2.) Eric Lux is a fucking baby. WAAAHHHHHHH
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #143
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
Two things:

1.) Sutil is a dumbass for dong this

2.) Eric Lux is a fucking baby. WAAAHHHHHHH
Dude, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but that looked awfully close to a major artery. This could be a whole different situation entirely then.

I think the story needs to come out to determine A or B of your argument. It is odd, that if it was an act of malice why he did not go to the "police". Either National or FIA version.

Just weird............. until we know the details. And for that many euro's, they will come out.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #144
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 75,778
Not surprisingly, the FIA has not approved the "reactive" suspension. Apparently the teams first spotted it on a Renault at the young driver event in Abu Dhabi.

Ferrari and Lotus then began working on it but wanted the FIA's approval before chasing down the rabbit hole. (No "complaining" by Ferrari, then.)

Permission denied and the world moves on.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #145
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I think the story needs to come out to determine A or B of your argument. It is odd, that if it was an act of malice why he did not go to the "police". Either National or FIA version.

Just weird............. until we know the details. And for that many euro's, they will come out.
Exactly, in all seriousness, if there was a malicious act, with the intent to seriously harm someone, the police would have been called and criminal charges woould have been filed. China is not known for being "easy" on crime.

I think it's curious that none of that happened.
srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #146
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by srad600 View Post
Exactly, in all seriousness, if there was a malicious act, with the intent to seriously harm someone, the police would have been called and criminal charges woould have been filed. China is not known for being "easy" on crime.

I think it's curious that none of that happened.
maybe Lux didn't want Sutil to rot in a Chinese prison, he'd rather have his day in western court... who knows.
tell you what, if someone glasses me, I'd sue the tits off 'em

Old 01-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #147
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
maybe Lux didn't want Sutil to rot in a Chinese prison, he'd rather have his day in western court... who knows.
If someone glassed me, I'd just glass them back, haha.
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #148
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
If someone glassed me, I'd just glass them back, haha.

My Dad's bigger than your Dad!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #149
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Yeah, I suppose...It just strikes me as funny. I'm sure there's much more to this story than any of us are likely to ever know, but the whole thing just doesn't sound right. If some dude glassed me, he'd be sitting his a$$ in a chinese prison...at least until he agreed to pay me the 10 Mil to recant and let him out.
srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #150
g容g
Canadian living in exile