ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #91
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 384
Spidi Marathon H2Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlid View Post
Anybody in the States carry the Marathon H2Out jacket?
Hi Skidlid

Marathon H2Out Kit and Jacket are available from spidi.com store at this address
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...hon-h2out.html

They'll be available from January 2012 at US selected stores (http://www.wps-inc.com/wps/WILOCATOR1.pgm)


Spidi Marathon has been developed and tested during humanitarian trip "CAPO" from North Pole to Souther Africa, by a group of riders lead by MotoGP designer Aldo Drudi, for a decade creator of some Spidi collections , Arai Helmets designs and Valentino Rossi racing helmets.

Thanks for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 01-26-2012 at 03:03 PM
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:10 AM   #92
Reverse
Armchair Tough
 
Reverse's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 1,261
The Ergo 365 Expedition tested very well in a RIDE (UK) magazine test, came out as #1 in fact.

However, I can't find it for sale in the USA? Also, the Spidi website lists prices in euro, even after selecting USA as my region?

Thanks.
__________________
2007 R1200 GS Adventure
Reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #93
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 384
Ergo 365 Pro Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
The Ergo 365 Expedition tested very well in a RIDE (UK) magazine test, came out as #1 in fact.

However, I can't find it for sale in the USA? Also, the Spidi website lists prices in euro, even after selecting USA as my region?

Thanks.
Hi Reverse,

We're very proud about Spidi first position in RIDE magazine.


Ergo 365 Pro Expedition is our high-end adventure kit, it's the third evolution of the famous 1998 Ergo (The first 3-layers jacket and pants). It's quite new, so it will be well available in the US from 2012.

Anyway, you can find it now in US at this link: http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/...n-H2OUT-Jacket

Otherwise you can buy it from the official Spidi store at the links (suit or jacket only):
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...-exp-suit.html
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...xpedition.html

You can even have a look to a cheaper version (comes without Level 2 Back Protector and Chest Protector):
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...o-365-pro.html

Prices are in Euro, delivery to USA takes around 5 working days.

Let me know if you need further help or info.

Thanks for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #94
Scoby
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: between pubs in Wexford Ireland
Oddometer: 15
Hi Matteo,

I have been using a Spidi Netwin Jacket for the past couple of years and I'm very happy with it. I would like to upgrade now to a Marathon suit. Is there anyone stocking them in Ireland, North or South?

many thanks

Tony
Scoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #95
dadsafrantic
Chef?
 
dadsafrantic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Mare Island, CA.
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi Reverse,

We're very proud about Spidi first position in RIDE magazine.


Ergo 365 Pro Expedition is our high-end adventure kit, it's the third evolution of the famous 1998 Ergo (The first 3-layers jacket and pants). It's quite new, so it will be well available in the US from 2012.

Anyway, you can find it now in US at this link: http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/...n-H2OUT-Jacket

Otherwise you can buy it from the official Spidi store at the links (suit or jacket only):
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...-exp-suit.html
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...xpedition.html

You can even have a look to a cheaper version (comes without Level 2 Back Protector and Chest Protector):
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...o-365-pro.html

Prices are in Euro, delivery to USA takes around 5 working days.

Let me know if you need further help or info.

Thanks for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
so i am looking for my last motorcycle jacket for a while. i am willing to spend the money on a good jacket. i ride 20,000 miles per year commuting in the san francisco bay area. 80 miles per day round trip, mostly freeway. 80 degrees and down to mid 20's occasionally. a fair amount of rain some years.

i am not fashion model thin by any means. i am 5'10" tall and about 220 pounds. fairly round in the middle. can you suggest a jacket that would be THE all around textile jacket for me? i was thinking maybe the marathon. waterproof and windproof and essential.

thanks,

dadsafrantic
__________________
06 Capo bought new in 09. 56.9k miles 6/29/12
06 GS 500F new in 06 sold with 49,000 miles in 09
lots of bikes many years earlier
ATGATT
dadsafrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #96
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 384
Spidi Marathon Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoby View Post
Hi Matteo,

I have been using a Spidi Netwin Jacket for the past couple of years and I'm very happy with it. I would like to upgrade now to a Marathon suit. Is there anyone stocking them in Ireland, North or South?

many thanks

Tony
Hi Tony.

Marathon Suit is a great choice.
The suit will be available worldwide from next week; at the moment the Jacket only is available. As per Ireland, our suggestion is to refer to Lee Motorcycle in Cork or Grandprixlegends (motolegends.com), they can offer you a top service on the Marathon when it'll be available.


Thanks for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #97
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 384
Spidi Marathon and Ergo Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
so i am looking for my last motorcycle jacket for a while. i am willing to spend the money on a good jacket. i ride 20,000 miles per year commuting in the san francisco bay area. 80 miles per day round trip, mostly freeway. 80 degrees and down to mid 20's occasionally. a fair amount of rain some years.

i am not fashion model thin by any means. i am 5'10" tall and about 220 pounds. fairly round in the middle. can you suggest a jacket that would be THE all around textile jacket for me? i was thinking maybe the marathon. waterproof and windproof and essential.

thanks,

dadsafrantic
Hi Frantic,

Marathon is a very versatile jacket, 3-layers Step-in-clothing system guarantee you maximum comfort in every condition. A better jacket for very cold weather, anyway, is the Ergo 365 Pro Jacket, which is now available in USA too. Both Marathon and Ergo 365 Pro are "3 in 1" jackets, but Ergo features an extraordinary external laminated 3-layers fabric, which elevates the performances under heavy conditions, and guarantees around 2 hours of waterproofness even once the internal membrane is removed.

For both models I would suggest you a XXL.


Thanks for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #98
Poucher
Durham UK
 
Poucher's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Oddometer: 15
Hello Matteo,
Firstly let me start by thanking you for the tremendous job you are doing here providing this valuable information for us all.
It is indeed a fantastic service to have this contact with you, and be able to talk directly to yourself in the marketing department of a fantastic company like Spidi.
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind :-

1/ I am very interested in buying a Spidi 365 Expedition pro suit and have been reading some of your comments on this suit with interest, you state that the outer shell itself is made from 3 layers :-

Cordura nylon with teflon water repellant treatment
H2out waterproof membrane
18d tricot

So, is the 3 layer material itself 100% waterproof ? ( not concerned with the open vents at the moment, I understand that is what the H2out second layer is for )

I understand that if you ride for more than 2 hrs or so in the rain, water will get into the jacket, but only through the non waterproof vents, and not the outer material, is this correct?
Will the outer layer "wet out" or get sodden with water?, or does it shed water like a Rukka Gore Tex pro shell. ?

If the main shell material is indeed 100% waterproof, I think Spidi need to make this more clear in your literature, myself, like a lot of people I suspect, was under the impression that the outer shell is not waterproof at all and the only waterproofing is provided by the H2out second liner.

2/ My second question is where can I find a dealer near me that actually has a suit in stock that I can try on?

I am in the North of England, near to Newcastle and cannot find a dealer near me with the Spidi 365 Expedition pro suit in stock.
I could try on a different Spidi jacket and then order the 365 Exp pro from someone like Grand Prix Legends, but I would be more or less guessing on sizes.

I feel Matteo that Spidi are loosing quite a lot of sales to Rukka for two reasons :-

1/ Because of the confusion regarding the waterproofness of the outer shell, ie people think they are going to get water coming straight through the outer shell without the second H2out membrane in.

2/ The difficulty in finding a stockist to try the suit on,.... I can walk into 3 Rukka dealers within a 60 mile radius and try any of their suits on, I have never ever seen a Spidi Ergo 365 Expedition suit, either in a dearer, or on a rider,........... It would be easier to find a Unicorn!!

I can't buy one if I can't find one, its that simple.

Thanks in advance for your help Matteo
Poucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #99
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 384
Ergo 365 Pro Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poucher View Post
[SIZE=2]Hello Matteo,
Firstly let me start by thanking you for the tremendous job you are doing here providing this valuable information for us all.
It is indeed a fantastic service to have this contact with you, and be able to talk directly to yourself in the marketing department of a fantastic company like Spidi.
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind :-
Poucher, thanks a lot for your good words on Spidi.

Regarding Ergo 365 Pro Suit outer shield: the external fabric is what you reported, a very high-quality 3-layers Cordura+H2Out+18d Tricot. Not only it is waterproof, it has even incredible performances about strength, durability, water-repellancy (doesn't soak) and breathability.
But we will never call the external shield of the Ergo: "waterproof". To resist 2 hours of rain is not enough to be declared waterproof. Or at least, not for Spidi.
Our literature is not poor (as you claim): we just need to give what we promise, and if Spidi claims it is waterproof, it has to be waterproof without a time limit or any other marketing trick: waterproof is waterproof.

Regarding availability in your area: Ergo 365 Pro Suit is very rare to find indeed all around the world, I understand you're having problems to find it. Production is very limited due to low capability production line (our Ergo production line in Romania-Europe is very sophisticated but only 50 people there) and demand for this item far exceeds supply. Spidi can not increase production quantity at the moment, and won't do in the near future, due to very high standard they request for workers skills and limited number of high-end machinery.

Anyway, here you find a list of UK Spidi Authorized dealers: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/storel...United+Kingdom
Grandprixlegends or Revzilla could also help you in this.

Let me know if something is not clear.


Thanks for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #100
Poucher
Durham UK
 
Poucher's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Oddometer: 15
Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your swift reply, and your further explination of the outer shell materials property's, I understand this a lot clearer now.
Please don't misunderstand me, at no time did I say your literature was poor, I just needed some further clarification on the outer shell construction and "wetting out" situation.

I will approach Grand Prix Legends for this suit, at the moment they are quoting 10 - 14 days delivery ( no longer I hope! ) perhaps I can ride to Vicenza and back quicker!

Ciao, Poucher
Poucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #101
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 384
Ergo 365 Pro Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poucher View Post
Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your swift reply, and your further explination of the outer shell materials property's, I understand this a lot clearer now.
Please don't misunderstand me, at no time did I say your literature was poor, I just needed some further clarification on the outer shell construction and "wetting out" situation.

I will approach Grand Prix Legends for this suit, at the moment they are quoting 10 - 14 days delivery ( no longer I hope! ) perhaps I can ride to Vicenza and back quicker!

Ciao, Poucher
Thank you again Poucher for your interest.
Of course you're welcome here in Vicenza, we have wonderful roads, we're 1 hour from the Alps and 1 hour from the sea.
By the way, once you've tested the suit, please come back with a report.

Arrivederci


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #102
nimrod
Pog Mo Thoin
 
nimrod's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Espinazo del Diablo , Tejas
Oddometer: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Multitech armour fits quite tight.
XXL will be good for you.
It's noe available in black/grey color scheme, very good for warmer climates.

Anyhow, Multitech Armour has 8 ergonomic Velcro straps adjustments, mostly on waist area, so to give you
a lot of flexibility in size.

I remind you you can wear Multitech Armor as a separate jacket, or under a rain cover like the following one:



http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/rain-cover.html


Thanks for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
I'm ready to buy the Multitech and would like to get the rain and thermo liners - should these be an XXL also or an XL? thanks,John
__________________
In my dream, the angel shrugged and said if we fail this time it will be a failure of imagination
and then she placed the world gently in the palm of my hand.
B. Andreas
"Betweem two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" -Mae West
nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #103
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,604
I've been eyeing the Multitech for a year or so now. I wish there was somewhere to try one on. If things don't fit me just right it drives me insane. Seems like a great substitute for a pressure suit, which I can't stand wearing because its so difficult to take on and off.

The other Spidi jackets look amazing too. I love the chest armor idea and would like to see how it works in real life.

Will Spidi be at the Indy dealer show next month?
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #104
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 384
Spidi Multitech Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
I'm ready to buy the Multitech and would like to get the rain and thermo liners - should these be an XXL also or an XL? thanks,John
Hi John,

Multitech Armour is ready for Thermo Liner or Rain Chest in the same size; so if you have Multitech Armour in XXL, take liners in XXL.
Let me know if you need suggestion about where to buy.

Thanks for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #105
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 384
Spidi at Indy Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
I've been eyeing the Multitech for a year or so now. I wish there was somewhere to try one on. If things don't fit me just right it drives me insane. Seems like a great substitute for a pressure suit, which I can't stand wearing because its so difficult to take on and off.

The other Spidi jackets look amazing too. I love the chest armor idea and would like to see how it works in real life.

Will Spidi be at the Indy dealer show next month?
Hi Flux,

you can try all new Spidi Motorsport Collection at Indy Dealer Show, next February.
Please come and visit us, you're welcome!


Thanks for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014