Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #1216
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
I . After spending time time there he decided it was time to go back home (without the girl), but he realized that it wasn't much more to fly his bike back than to slow-boat it.

But that was, who knows, maybe 10 years ago. It would be nice for the Aussie riders if it was still true.
nope sorry fairy tale stuff now air is about $$ x 2.5 the cost of sea
Old 01-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #1217
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post
Probably the best sea shipping option for you Oz boys yet! hope so

Do you reckon the benefit comes from racing action/interest running the route that way, or is it political pay off?

I believe the bidding by the host countries currently starts at $1M USD per stage

You guys heading back with a team again next year, Garry? Great job this year.
Thanks
Old 01-27-2012, 03:03 AM   #1218
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post

3. Some of the requirements for the OPEN 1 category, may well be affected by what the outcome is of the FFSA/FIA tech jury hearing about RG's Hummer/air intake/tyre inflation drama. In either case I would expect that the "parameters" for the OPEN 1 category will recieve some attention in any case... for att present it is rather apparent on pure race speed in off piste terrain; that the Gordon team cars are at a considered advantage speedwise... so I would expect some "massaging" of the rules as they stand to create "parity" on that front.

which in other words means;
And this is where Robbie is gonna regret his kma quote, I think.

"Non, Monsieur Robbie, kiss MY ass!"

I don't knock Robbie for saying it, lord knows it needed saying, but I think it's gonna bite him on the ass. Now that he's proven that his 2wd's can kick the crap out of the factory guys, they're gonna 'make it safer for all' by restricting the hell out of his stuff. Halve the suspension for starters methinks, along with an engine displacement limit too (forcing him to come up with a new motor).

Quote:

ASO "OPEN" category:

Subject to the FFSA/FIA tech inquiry on the Hummer AND the eventual bargaining table disscussions for 2013 with the ASO... I would expect to see the OPEN 1 (Modified SCORE/US vehicles) to be similar... but perhaps with some changes to minimum weight/wheel travel/horesepower equation... for as it stands, the Hummers will run away and hide from the production based engines and limited (250mm) wheel travel that the FIA T1 factory cars are required to run with.

The question remains to see if there are many US based off road teams that would consider doing DAKAR with various SCORE legal vehicles (remember that Class 1 and Trophy Trucks are specifically excluded from the DAKAR reg's). Some rumours that there are some of the SCORE teams interested in this. Just as a passing comment, I would say that many of the top SCORE teams Baja "pre-runners" would make competitive Dakar cars, with minimal modifications/adaptations.
I think the problem here is that the SCORE teams that have the money, the personnel, and the equipment, are all invested in the TT and class 1's. Why would they want to take their money and drop it into some one-off rig for some race that doesn't get more than 10 minutes exposure for their sponsors? And that's 10 minutes if they're lucky. Can't pay the bills that way.

A sad lesson I learned years ago: Everything is politics. In this, I think Robbie is getting better, but it is still his Iquique dune to climb.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #1219
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
I bumped into a guy from Newfoundland a few years back. In pursuit of a girl he rode his XR650L across North America and shipped his bike down to Australia. After spending time time there he decided it was time to go back home (without the girl), but he realized that it wasn't much more to fly his bike back than to slow-boat it. He ended up flying it into Vancouver, then riding it back to Newfoundland.

But that was, who knows, maybe 10 years ago. It would be nice for the Aussie riders if it was still true.
was that anyone I know?
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #1220
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
was that anyone I know?
Was that you?

Charles, 2nd from the right:
Old 02-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #1221
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,274
Firing up the rumor mill

Racedezert and Breauman reports..
Shake-Up in the 2012 SCORE Series? Quinn Cody bailed JCR HONDA and appears to be signing up with KTM for a few reasons, including a chance to get a DAKAR ride. We've did a little dumpster digging and came up with this photo from yesterday at KING OF THE MOTOS.

photo from Chilly.. at enduro360

.................................................. .................................................

so IS Norman AND Cody Drinking the ORANGE Koolaid?
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .

wrk2surf screwed with this post 02-10-2012 at 10:27 AM
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #1222
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
"Yes, red is a fine color, but orange, ORANGE . . . is magnifique!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #1223
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

QC reply...

Gotta love the fourm experts and self proclaimed journalists.........
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #1224
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
QC reply...

Gotta love the fourm experts and self proclaimed journalists.........
Not exactly a denial.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #1225
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg View Post
Dakar 2013

Lima start - Peru 4 stages - Bolivia 1 stage - Argentina 3 stages - Chile 5 stages finish Valparaiso (not Santiago)

shipping to Lima - hmmm yes allow more lead time if not with ASO out of Le Harve
Where'd you get that info SB? BlueBull states his ideas are based from a "little birdy" but no qualification from you. Care to elaborate?

BlueBull, your spare room ready for me is it?? I should get my "business proposal" to you soon huh.

Cheers
JayBo
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #1226
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

getting intresting..

Ok... Kendall AND Quinn AND Caselli on team orange?

and what about the upcoming Jonah announcement...

reminds me of the couple of years KTM fielded a USA team...

HMMMMMM
Old 02-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #1227
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,758
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #1228
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,989

popcorn in the rumor mill
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #1229
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo1 View Post
Where'd you get that info SB? BlueBull states his ideas are based from a "little birdy" but no qualification from you. Care to elaborate?

BlueBull, your spare room ready for me is it?? I should get my "business proposal" to you soon huh.

Cheers
JayBo
Everybody I spoke to at the Dakar confirmed the start will be in Lima, and the finish either in Santiago or Valparaiso. Local boys here in-the-know agree. I have not seen any local press to this effect - yet. Then again I have also been travelling a lot so I could have missed it.

Regarding Bolivia: Its been in the papers there, so I'm fairly convinced it will happen. I'm just not sure how they intend to deal with flying helicopters at altitude....

I have your room ready mate. Its a done deal.

Oh BTW I'm gunning for the Abu Dhabi DC this year, plan to do my entry in the morning. See you there?
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:40 AM   #1230
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,695
I'm as convinced as anyone on the Lima start, Valparaiso (or Santiago) finish but would love some "real" confirmation. In the mean time I'm happy enough enough to secure a bed at "Bluebull's Bikers Bed & Breakfast".

I'd love to do the ADDC but can't manage the time at the moment - not to mention saving all my pennies for the Dakar. As it is I'm in a bit of strife with the Dakar timing and work - you should've seen the client's face when I told them the Dakar is more important than anything else for this year and if they want me to walk now just say the word. The team in the office are trying to figure how they can justify having a TV with SBS channel installed for Dec/Jan.

I'll be watching if you're in the ADDC. The tracking system is brilliant for that event and I can watch progress most of every stage live in the background on my PC.

Cheers
JayBo
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote