ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #61
RocknTroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
Had a lot of fun today. Much better than working. There are certainly some interesting places to explore in that area.

What isn't

"Stay smart. Don't put your stupid hat on at this point in time... " Gov. Pat McCrory
RocknTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:31 PM   #62
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 629
Saturday, February 4th???

According to the weather report (NOAA) it looks like this coming Saturday, February 4th, should have some good weather. Is anyone else up for another big bike Advnture ride this Saturday?

If so, I have some ideas - but I am also open to some other ideas.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller...

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #63
chris666
Burgundy Topz

Oddometer: 322
I'm in Folsom, been out of the game for a little over a year now... but I'll be back soon, with something orange.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #64
Nytro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJeep View Post
According to the weather report (NOAA) it looks like this coming Saturday, February 4th, should have some good weather. Is anyone else up for another big bike Advnture ride this Saturday?

If so, I have some ideas - but I am also open to some other ideas.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller...
I wish I could ride Saturdays...I hate when real life gets in the way. Thursday and Sunday are my fun ride days. The rest of the time it's just a boring commute down Salmon Falls every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris666 View Post
I'm in Folsom, been out of the game for a little over a year now... but I'll be back soon, with something orange.
Orange is good...
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #65
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,700
I have Saturday off. Whatcha thinkin?

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #66
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro View Post
Hey everyone! Nice to see a local thread was started.

Looks like a nice ride yesterday. Good roads up here in the hills.

If anyone is ever available on Thursdays I'm always up for a ride. Dirt, street, or any combination thereof...
Going for a ride in the morning. I'm headed to Nashville, (just north of Plymouth) via I'm not sure yet. Mostly paved Route. I gotta go look at a map.

Ok I'm back.. Rough plan is;
Starting in Folsom-ish Thru lotus, Coloma, bayne Rd, rock creek, mosquito, cedar ravine and bucks bar, sand ridge to Nashville.
Heading back northwards on union mine and forni road to stop for a late lunch and figure out which way to ride back.

Kinda short notice I know, it might be a solo trip.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #67
SierraJeep
It's toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes95821 View Post
Whatcha thinkin?
I suppose a lot of it depends on who all wants to go (and what they wanted to ride), but for starters on this weekend's ride I'll toss this out...

The start/finish could be at the Sierra Motor Sports shop in Grass Valley. From there we'd run out to the You Bet Road area, up into the Chalk Bluff area (with lots of side options around Buckeye for fun offroad riding on the big bikes - even some big-bike-approved single-track if folks care to try it), the out to Highway 20 and drop down into Washington (maybe Alpha Road), then out to North Bloomfield, back through Nevada City, and back to the start/finish.

This is a very general (read: vauge) route, but it can be added/subtracted accordingly to fit the abilities of the group (and available time). I realize this may be common for those who live up here, but for those not from this area it would be interesting.

Then again, if someone else tosses out another option I am game for that as well.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
Old 02-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #68
Speed Racer
Falling is bad

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
I suppose a lot of it depends on who all wants to go (and what they wanted to ride), but for starters on this weekend's ride I'll toss this out...

The start/finish could be at the Sierra Motor Sports shop in Grass Valley. From there we'd run out to the You Bet Road area, up into the Chalk Bluff area (with lots of side options around Buckeye for fun offroad riding on the big bikes - even some big-bike-approved single-track if folks care to try it), the out to Highway 20 and drop down into Washington (maybe Alpha Road), then out to North Bloomfield, back through Nevada City, and back to the start/finish.

This is a very general (read: vauge) route, but it can be added/subtracted accordingly to fit the abilities of the group (and available time). I realize this may be common for those who live up here, but for those not from this area it would be interesting.

Then again, if someone else tosses out another option I am game for that as well.
I'd join, but I have to figure out how to get water to my cabin (thanks for nothing PCWA). I've a 350 gallon water tank w/a busted pipe, and I'm not a plumber. Yet.

Mebbe next time...

Is the petcock on?

Speed Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #69
Nytro
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
Going for a ride in the morning. I'm headed to Nashville, (just north of Plymouth) via I'm not sure yet. Mostly paved Route. I gotta go look at a map.

Ok I'm back.. Rough plan is;
Starting in Folsom-ish Thru lotus, Coloma, bayne Rd, rock creek, mosquito, cedar ravine and bucks bar, sand ridge to Nashville.
Heading back northwards on union mine and forni road to stop for a late lunch and figure out which way to ride back.

Kinda short notice I know, it might be a solo trip.
Hey Idle, I'm in!

What time do you think you'd be in Coloma? I could meet you at the gas station at Marshall Grade and 49.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #70
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Nitro, how's 9:30 at the shell station at 49/marshal Rd. Anyone else up for a 4 to 5 hour motard run?
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #71
Nytro
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
Nitro, how's 9:30 at the shell station at 49/marshal Rd. Anyone else up for a 4 to 5 hour motard run?
Sounds good. See you there!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #72
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Quote:

I like the sound of that. I have not ridden Chalk Bluff yet and have wanted to. I am always looking to expand my abilities on the bike too, so singletrack sounds fun. I have ridden Alpha down to Washington on a mountain bike, boy did that warm up the brakes!

My Ride Reports
Old 02-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #73
SierraJeep
It's toast

Quote:
I like the sound of that. I have not ridden Chalk Bluff yet and have wanted to.
Wow! That is (one of) the gateway(s) to a lot of really cool stuff.

Quote:
I am always looking to expand my abilities on the bike too, so singletrack sounds fun. I have ridden Alpha down to Washington on a mountain bike, boy did that warm up the brakes!
Alpha Road is a lot more fun coming back up (on a motorcycle) but it doesn't always fit into the plan if the overall route goes in a counter-clockwise direction (which is the best for the Chalk Bluff run that I have in mind).

Again, depending on the group, there are tons of options that can be added or removed to make some cool runs if that's what people want. I figure the "final plan" can be set at the beginning of the ride and then based on how things are going, adjustments can be made in mid-flight to taylor the ride to what the group wants.

How does a 9:30 AM start time on Saturday work for people - starting at Sierra Motor Sports in Grass Valley?

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
Old 02-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #74
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

In!

Now to break the news to my man that I am going on another ride without him.

My Ride Reports
Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #75
SierraJeep
It's toast

Bring him along. There's nothing in the fine print that says this is a KTM only ride!

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC