Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #181
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 4,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
... tiny barbels of carbon pop up all over the car by the time the designers are done faster than the genital warts on the Ukrainian hookers at a Max Mosley garden party.
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #182
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,241
I read that most cars are expected to have the stepped nose. Which makes McLaren's decision to keep a more traditional look interesting. Can't wait for these new cars to hit the track.

Very curious to see how Newey interprets the new regulation about the height of the front chassis. Given the rule's dramatic impact on design, I'm surprised that I missed the off-season chatter about it. Was there much?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #183
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I read that most cars are expected to have the stepped nose. Which makes McLaren's decision to keep a more traditional look interesting. Can't wait for these new cars to hit the track.

Very curious to see how Newey interprets the new regulation about the height of the front chassis. Given the rule's dramatic impact on design, I'm surprised that I missed the off-season chatter about it. Was there much?
I didn't see too much outside of the hardcore techie mentions like scarbsF1. Usually in F1 there are ways at adapting to rules changes and then there are way to adapting to rules changes. When looking at the Ferrari and Force India interpretations, I'm not expecting much from the season. The fact the Ferrari is still hanging on to Massa tells me they've written off this season too.

Wasn't it Colin Chapman that said, "if it looks right, it probably is right"? I'm thinking the Ferrari and Force India machines ain't right.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #184
wxwax
Excited Member

Yeah, I think they say that about airplanes too.

Some of the articles I read basically predicted that other teams would also have the front bump. A popular solution, if true. Wonder if Newey took that route?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 02-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #185
Dilligaf0220
Miserablist

Oddometer: 4,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
"if it looks right, it probably is right"? I'm thinking the Ferrari and Force India machines ain't right.

Massa? Writing off the season?

Dilligaf0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #186
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,027
Quote:
I didn't see too much outside of the hardcore techie mentions like scarbsF1. Usually in F1 there are ways at adapting to rules changes and then there are way to adapting to rules changes. When looking at the Ferrari and Force India interpretations, I'm not expecting much from the season. The fact the Ferrari is still hanging on to Massa tells me they've written off this season too.

Wasn't it Colin Chapman that said, "if it looks right, it probably is right"? I'm thinking the Ferrari and Force India machines ain't right.
Jeeezus those cars are fugly
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #187
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,882
Quote:

I guess dead drivers looked "right" to Chapman.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #188
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugmar View Post
2012 wheel...

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #189
wxwax
Excited Member

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 02-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #190
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 4,649
I prefer the Trident..

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #191
wxwax
Excited Member

I read that the current tally is Bent Nose 4 - 1 Straight Nose.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 02-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #192
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 834
I'm willing to bet Adrian Newey would not built a front end like that, and that his will look more fortunate like the Mclaren.
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #193
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
I'm willing to bet Adrian Newey would not built a front end like that, and that his will look more fortunate like the Mclaren.

or not....
Quote:
Red Bull have unveiled their new car with which Sebastian Vettel will bid to become just the third driver in history to win three consecutive Drivers' world titles in 2012 - the RB8.
In an online 'reveal' on the team's official website of the most eagerly anticipated new car of the winter, the latest creation from renowned designer Adrian Newey follows the 2012 trend of incorporating the already infamous 'boxer's nose' into the design to comply with the new lower nose-height regulations.
However, in characteristic Newey fashion, the slope on the RB8's nose appears on first inspection slightly different and more graceful than many of the other cars which feature the same stepped look so far.
Given last year's RB7 won 12 races and claimed pole position at every grand prix bar one, the new challenger unsurprisingly otherwise appears more evolutionary than some of the others seen so far although as with any Newey creation the devil is usually in the detail.
Red Bull have won both the Drivers' and Constructors' championships in each of the last two seasons but are braced for a fiercer challenge for the top honours from chief rivals McLaren and Ferrari in 2012.
Vettel, meanwhile, is looking to join Juan-Manuel Fangio and, his great friend and countryman, Michael Schumacher in winning three or more F1 championships on the spin, with any 2012 success also guaranteeing him the honour of succeeding Ayrton Senna as the sport's youngest ever triple champion.
But although he put together one of the most dominant seasons in history last year, Vettel is under no illusions about the likelihood of repeating the same level of supremacy again.
Asked for what his 2012 target is, he replied: "Well to do it again!
"Obviously we had a great year and I think we will always look back to 2011 and think how special it was.
"But to be honest you don't start a season having expectations to have the same or similar season again. We know how special it was and we really enjoyed that, but we know how hard it is to be that consistent, to be nearly every race on the podium.
"The target is obviously to try to do it again and try to get everything out of ourselves. So we will see how we get on with the new car, RB8."
Mark Webber stays on at Red Bull for a sixth straight season bidding to recapture the form that took him so close to the 2010 championship after winning just one race last time round.
The Australian, now 35, has been on a rolling one-year contract at Milton Keynes for several years but there has been repeated speculation that this could be his last campaign with the team with several young Red Bull-backed prot嶲廥 waiting in the wings.
More to follow...

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #194
g容g
Canadian living in exile

new Sauber

seems McLaren is either really right... or really wrong (or it really won't matter much).

Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #195
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Torro Rosso