Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #2611
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 2,044
Shout out from Western Kentucky

Hey gals!
I'm not new to riding, but pretty new to dirt/gravel/DS. I have an XT 250 and LOVE it! I really want something a little larger, but I'm blessed with short legs and a big butt so I'll keep the li'l bike and both feet on the ground!

I live in western Kentucky, but consider Mobile, AL, my HOME. My son is 13 and has told me that for his 16th birthday he wants his own DS bike and he wants to do the TAT with me. (He kicks my butt on single track, the ungrateful brat! I really thought I'd raised him better...what were ya'll saying about testosterone?)

This is a great thread, BTW! I had been following other female riders over on the Shortypants thread (mainly short girls like me!)
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #2612
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,808
Hi everyone and especially those who are new to this thread.

A mother and son TAT ride sounds pretty cool. I have had a couple aunt and nephew rides that have been great but I haven't been able to convert my nephew from his Harley to a dual sport. Talking about ungrateful brats.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #2613
T!NK
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Heya

Heya all – noob to the site (my first post!) but not that noob to riding – have been riding for 4 years – had an involuntary break the last year and a half though – knee injury – but just got a DR650 again – from South Africa – glad there is a girls corner, the site is rather big and can be intimidating ;) – but nice to see all the ride reports from parts of the world where I can only dream of riding! Nice to meet you all - T :)
T!NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #2614
LooksGoodInRed
aka TrilobiteMX

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCRNA View Post
Hey gals!
I'm not new to riding, but pretty new to dirt/gravel/DS. I have an XT 250 and LOVE it! I really want something a little larger, but I'm blessed with short legs and a big butt so I'll keep the li'l bike and both feet on the ground!

I live in western Kentucky, but consider Mobile, AL, my HOME. My son is 13 and has told me that for his 16th birthday he wants his own DS bike and he wants to do the TAT with me. (He kicks my butt on single track, the ungrateful brat! I really thought I'd raised him better...what were ya'll saying about testosterone?)

This is a great thread, BTW! I had been following other female riders over on the Shortypants thread (mainly short girls like me!)
Hey!

The TAT with your son sounds awesome! I'll do that with my boys (hubby and son) too - but I have to wait about 15 years our son is 6 months old now so we are thinking of getting the side car in 3 years or so and attached it to our good old V-Strom and then get him little 50 cc bikey so he could practice the "dirt craziness" . BTW the little XT is pretty cool especially for us (girls) in the DS world . I have little Honda CRF myself and these two are very comparible -my friend rides one (XT) and she loves it!. So have fun and see you on the trail!

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart
LooksGoodInRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #2615
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 514
We were riding in Moab last year and met a couple guys doing the TAT. Made me really want to do it too except there are so many long boring sections!!! I'd like to just do parts of it I think, but I am impressed with you all!!! If I had children I'd hope they wanted to ride with me too!!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #2616
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 28,181
Hey Gals... I have put up a bunch of NEW RR.. In my thread...
Of course the new ones are at the end

My RR and farm life

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #2617
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,808
Hi LadyD, I'll be sure to get updated on your ride report soon. It's always good stuff. I'm at work now, on my lunch break so I stay away from ride reports so I don't get too sucked in. Beside I so enjoy looking at them while I'm relaxing at home with a cup of coffee.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #2618
LooksGoodInRed
aka TrilobiteMX

Oddometer: 131
Laugh Do you know this bike?

Hey Girls!

Does (or did) anyone ownes (ed) or rides (rode) a Buell Blast? I'm thinking of getting one (I'm a n00b) and need some tips or feedback on this bike .

Thanks!

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

LooksGoodInRed screwed with this post 01-31-2012 at 02:46 PM
LooksGoodInRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #2619
WitchdoctorA
Gnawing on bones

Oddometer: 15
Hey Bskye! Where are you from in Europe? I consider Pdx my "home" and would love to return one day, so jealousy goes both ways in this case Love the PacNW and bet there is tons of good riding all around you Maybe we can hook up for a ride when I get to Portland on my solo trip. I should be plenty confident by then (2/3 of the way through) and so hopefully won't slow you down too much

Has anyone heard from LadyBird about her Baja trip? Has she left yet?

I just found out from a friend of the family that she lives in Hermosillo, Sonora and wants me to come for a visit during my trip Now I need to figure out how do to the whole crossing into Mexico thing.. ie where to cross and HOW on a borrowed bike.
WitchdoctorA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #2620
WitchdoctorA
Gnawing on bones

Oddometer: 15
Telling myself I won't die

Okay so I just checked out Opaque's TwoWheeled Females link and OMG "First Month in the Life of a New Rider"
that is sooo me!

Ackkk .. Why and how the heck am I expecting to go solo for 6 weeks around the west coast???!!! I am still nervous as heck on the bike and not yet to the point of relaxing and having fun

The enormousness of what I am planning is just starting to sink in

.. help...
WitchdoctorA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #2621
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchdoctorA View Post
Okay so I just checked out Opaque's TwoWheeled Females link and OMG "First Month in the Life of a New Rider"
that is sooo me!

Ackkk .. Why and how the heck am I expecting to go solo for 6 weeks around the west coast???!!! I am still nervous as heck on the bike and not yet to the point of relaxing and having fun

.. help...
I am not going to recommend that you don't do the trip because it is one that many of the ladies here have done, some even when they first started riding. I am glad to see you are doing as much research as you can to be safe!! I am sure you are out riding lots and practicing between now and then too. Be cool if you had a buddy for parts of the trip at least... I wish you were on the East coast. I would join you for a stretch.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #2622
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,578
Quote:

.. help...
solo is not a bad thing at all: you can ride your own speed and stop whenever you want.

Just remember to take a lot of breaks, and don't worry about covering a certain amount of miles during the day.

Stupid things happen when you are tired, exhausted or trying to catch up to somebody....
trust me on this one.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #2623
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

+1 on what Cuttle said...
It's not that bad .. Even kinda of fun...

But please be careful... Being a woman there are Brownspots that might try to take advantage of you.... Use common sense, watch where you park/stop...

Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #2624
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,578
Quote:

.. help...

btw, have you seen this thread? It has some really good tips for longer trips.

Not sure if there are any other "women specific" threads. Anybody? Bueller?

maybe we should get a womens sub forum - that would make it easier to keep track of stuff like this.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #2625
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?

Good one