Old 02-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
Dr LC8
...soon or later

Oddometer: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurizio View Post
Ciao Nic,

"Snow storm"? Rome or Manchester?

So, about the Ergo seat: it isn't much more confortable than the stock one, besides the more rounded design. Don't expect the bike to be "confortable" on long distance. Keep the LC8 for travel and the 690 for short distance fun rides... Or think about a Renazco seat...
If I were you I won't make any modification to the filter if you plan to retain the stock exhaust. Let the bike "as is", or pick a PowerParts foam filter to avoid dust in the airbox.

Have fun with your new bike, ciao,

Maurizio
The storm was in West Yorkshire while coming back from Newcastle...however I heard that in Rome wasn't any better!

So you are suggesting not to change the stock seat. I will use the bike for long trips where consistent off road is planned (Africa as I have done many times before or similar. Going to Albania in June) so I would prefer a wider seat. Do you recon the ergo seat are money through in the drain? Renazco is blody expensive!!!!

Foam Filter??? Is that any better than the paper? I am not planning to change the exhaust only because a money issue. In fact it is my understanding that the only one that makes any difference is the Akra (as I have on the 990 and before on the 950)...that is bloody expensive as well. If I'll find one on ebay I might buy it! Could you, or anyone else< confirm that GPR and FMF despite much cheaper are not worth the change/expense from the original?

Finnaly, and I am ashame of this...how do you change the mapping? I forgot to ask the dealer and it is not written in the owner book!

Ciao

Nic
2010 KTM 400 EXC
Trips:Europe,Africa,Asia
Dr LC8 is offline   Reply With Quote