Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2011, 04:12 AM   #226
Tor
Native Viking

Oddometer: 801
Anyone know the name of the alternative seat cover that one can get for the Sargent seats? CarbonFX is the standard cover, but there is another cover you can get for the seat if you ask for it. Just can't remember the name.....

2005 Honda ST1300 / 2010 BMW F800 Gelände-Straße
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:17 AM   #227
dendrophobe
Motorbike Junky

Oddometer: 857
Yeah, it's called Vintec. Costs about $20 extra.
2006 Ducati Sport 1000, Black
Custom built Ducati GT1000 Scrambler, Red
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #228
shortbritches
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Sargent seat

Just a heads up i have a sargent seat listed in the flea market.
shortbritches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #229
fjk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjk View Post
Hi

Have anybody here bought/tried the wunderlich ergo seat ?
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot...60070-075.html

/Fred
Bump...

I am close to buying one of these, eventhough I am pretty happy with the oem seat.
I really like the look of these seats, not like some other aftermarket seats that looks like they were made for a goldwing.

What I am looking for is better comfort for full day rides and getting a little closer to the ground (I'm 30 IN inseam).

I have tried the oem low seat and it was easier to reach the ground, but I did not like the seating position too much.
So if the standard wunderlich seat is a little closer to the ground it would be perfect for me.

There is no dealer nearby where I can try them out, so I would like some online input.

/Fred
fjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #230
3Rrr
Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer: 170
BMW Comfort seat (oxymoron?)

Quote:
Bump...

I am close to buying one of these, eventhough I am pretty happy with the oem seat.
I really like the look of these seats, not like some other aftermarket seats that looks like they were made for a goldwing.

What I am looking for is better comfort for full day rides and getting a little closer to the ground (I'm 30 IN inseam).

I have tried the oem low seat and it was easier to reach the ground, but I did not like the seating position too much.
So if the standard wunderlich seat is a little closer to the ground it would be perfect for me.

There is no dealer nearby where I can try them out, so I would like some online input.

/Fred
I have a XPC Racing seat that was custom done to my specs. Made the seat taller and less sloped - 36" inseam...

Have you considered the BMW Comfort seat? Sounds like it may be what you are looking for. You might even be able to try it at out at a BMW dealer.

Here is a post from part of the thread. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=32
3Rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #231
XTrooper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Bump...

/Fred
Fred,

If you decide to buy one of these, I've be very interested in reading your review of it. I already have the BMW comfort dual seat and am satisfied with it (huge improvement over the stock seat), but that Wunderlich ergo seat looks sO damn good that I'm really tempted to buy one and sell the comfort seat. If it's half as comfortable as it is handsome, I'd get one in a heartbeat!
NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired 4/1/1991)
2011 BMW F800GS - Alpine White
2009 BMW R1200RT - sapphire black metallic (sold)
XTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:11 AM   #232
Lokey
redneck

Oddometer: 252
I too, find the stock seat to be hugely uncomfortable. Last weekend I went for a little 250 mile ride and halfway through it I was in agony. Love the bike but hate the seat. Fortunately, I live close enough to Bill Mayer Saddles to do a ride in and have my seat custom fitted to me. Cost is in line with other aftermarket/custom seats, so I thought I'd give it a try. I have an appointment for next week and I will definitely report on how well it works.

http://www.billmayersaddles.com/bmsphotopage.html
Lokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #233
Westy99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokey View Post
I too, find the stock seat to be hugely uncomfortable. Last weekend I went for a little 250 mile ride and halfway through it I was in agony. Love the bike but hate the seat. Fortunately, I live close enough to Bill Mayer Saddles to do a ride in and have my seat custom fitted to me. Cost is in line with other aftermarket/custom seats, so I thought I'd give it a try. I have an appointment for next week and I will definitely report on how well it works.

http://www.billmayersaddles.com/bmsphotopage.html

My buddy put a Bill Mayer saddle on his F800ST and loves it. I was tempted by that route but ended up going with Renazco...May can't get here fast enough.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #234
vikingolly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
In Australia MJM Motortrimmers in Goulburn can't be beat

Just ask for Mick. That's all he does. The seats are brill.

"There are NO coincidences." (102 year old lady in a church in Scotland)

BMW R1200 GSA 2007 and 2014 GSW (USA), HD Ultra CVO 2013, in Australia
vikingolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #235
Lokey
redneck

Oddometer: 252
Got my new seat today......

Went to Bill Mayer Saddles today and had them custom make a seat for me. All I can say is what a difference! They use your old seat base and create the shape you want on it and then have you ride it. If it's not just right they adjust the shape and you go ride it again. Repeat as necessary until it fits your butt perfectly.

I can't say enough about their desire to make sure that you are happy with the final product. Not cheap ($476 otd), but worth every penny. The stock seat was impossible for me to ride more than 100 miles before I was in excruciating pain. Now the miles just float by. Good thing too, as I am going to spend five weeks on it this summer.

Lokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #236
motogaz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
I think I have my choices narrowed to Sargent and Corbin... I would get the low version...

Comfort is my number one priority, but looks is a very close second. How comfortable are Sargent after 300-400 miles?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #237
mwalker
mike

Oddometer: 75
+1 on that Bill Mayer Saddle. It fixed my seat issues
mwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #238
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,865
I am liking my Sargent seat. Flat, broad, firm, no step it. Roomy to slide around on. To me it makes my bike feel bigger as I am not 'pinched' forward by a step.
I understand the comfort seat could be comfortable, but I cannot see being locked into a single position, especially when riding off pavement.
The rear of the Sargent is broad & wide also for a good platform for the gf.
I rode the OBDR last summer with it. My seat was never an issue.
Although I would like to have a Renazco, there is not any product worth waiting that time for.
Also, I do not get suede? Doesn't suede prohibit moving around? Not to mention weather issues.
The suede Renazcos I've seen look horrible and detract from an otherwise nice bike (aesthetically speaking only).

The Sarg.

Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #239
dalebor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
I am liking my Sargent seat. Flat, broad, firm, no step it. Roomy to slide around on. To me it makes my bike feel bigger as I am not 'pinched' forward by a step.
I have a Sargent seat F8 and am glad I bought it. I'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam and need a seat that I can move around on. The Sargent fits the bill. I can ride all day on this seat. The only thing I don't like is the fake carbon fiber material they use on the seating area. They say it is easily damaged if you drag your boot across it. Even with my long legs, I occasionally touch the seat with my boot when getting on or off, especially when the top box is mounted. I wish they had used a more conventional vinyl. Nothing's perfect.

I have a Renazco on my DR650. I ordered it with a suede seating area. The suede is pretty sticky if you wear jeans; sticky enough to be annoying. With synthetic fiber riding pants it's about right. The problem with the suede is it's too finicky. Renazco recommends not getting the suede wet. Yeah, right. I also had the suede start to stretch after about a year of use and it was not wearing well. I sent the seat back and had them recover it with an all vinyl cover. I like the new cover much better.

Dale B
dalebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #240
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,239
For those of you who might be interested, I tried the BMW Rally seat on my bike for several thousand miles and found it a great deal more comfortable than the stocker. It adds a bit of height and is narrower which makes standing easier. The foam appears to be firmer as well.

In the end was still too low for my comfort so I purchased Yeti's custom XPC which seems to be a much greater fit for my 36" inseam.

The Rally seat is up for grabs in the flea market if interested.
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote