Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #301
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,551
Location change, no problem...... date change, might not be able to do it ...
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #302
Big_John
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo83 View Post
It's definitely still on, if that's what you're asking. I'm waiting to see a contract from Arrowhead (I'll call Cathy this morning to see where we are). Everything seems in order with them. If we go to Arrowhead, we will have WF the week AFTER RMAR (they were booked the week before, but I really want everyone who wants to to still be able to attend both events).

Pablo and I are speaking regularly and he is completely committed to running off WF12. This guy has worked hard and has really had a tough time lining everything out.

Sounds like its BV and the week after RMAR.....heck, maybe I can get a kitchen pass to come over on Thur PM and ride Friday.
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #303
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,124
bummer, I was hoping to make this one in July and RMAR. But I can't do anything past Aug 6th (and finding a lift back to NC between the rallies is pretty unlikely too...)

guess it's time to make new plans.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #304
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!

Oddometer: 2,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Then you don't know my history of riding and why I went to Dual Sports...LOL Lets just say it caught up to me and the Judge in Fairplay was not too happy about the 134mph on US24.

I will and have admitted I was long over do for that ticket. You ever see the 'Ghost Rider' videos? Yeah I have done that in rush hour on I96 in MI a few times from Detroit to Flint by way of: I696, I96, US23. Nothing like lane-sharing at 120 or higher. I was pretty crazy back then, but survived although some state cop is still looking for me in VA. I guess in MI I was busted once, cop wrote on my ticket "actual speed 110mph" but wrote me for 10mph over...nice guy, said he was late for diner and did not want to waste time hauling me in and dealing with paperwork.

I'm too old for that stuff. I prefer the whole Dual Sport style of motorcycles now. Keeps me in check, and not many cops out running radar on trails...LOL

I'll vouch for Modette..............he ain't right in the skull.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #305
Flashmo
Whatever...

Oddometer: 2,539
If it ends up the week after RMAR, then I wont make it...business commitments in UT that weekend.

Either way, I'll be in CO the week before...just maybe more fishing time for me.
Flashmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #306
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,204
Quote:
It's definitely still on, if that's what you're asking. I'm waiting to see a contract from Arrowhead (I'll call Cathy this morning to see where we are). Everything seems in order with them. If we go to Arrowhead, we will have WF the week AFTER RMAR (they were booked the week before, but I really want everyone who wants to to still be able to attend both events).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat View Post
Location change, no problem...... date change, might not be able to do it ...
Same here. Can't do Aug this year.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #307
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Date Change? Yikes!!!

Pablo83: Hey, my friend, I understand yer up to yer ass in alligators, but I'm one of the ones from way out of state trying to arrange a two week trip to CO for max fun. Unfortunately, I am also one who's youngest just announced her engagement--somebody must have put something in the water this year--and I already gave her the dates I'm OOT, so.....if there's a date shift, let's PLEASE get things pinned down ASAP.

Man, I wish I could pay you back for all your efforts and hard work by hosting a ride in the Midwest, but fact of the matter is--y'all would be seriously bored! So all I have to offer is my body for you to abuse on the WF rides. I sure hope it all works out for us all. Peace!
Some people will tell you that slow is good, and it may be on some days, but I am here to tell you that fast is better... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #308
Pablo83 OP
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
.....if there's a date shift, let's PLEASE get things pinned down ASAP.
I couldn't agree more. My cell phone battery went dead today due making calls for this event.

When I have a signed booking contract I will let everyone here know first. I know everyone wants details, but if I posted constant updates this tread would read like a Kafka novel, and this thread should be fun, not depressing.

I know you are all antsy. Things ARE moving forward and I will have a final location VERY soon. Try to keep yourselves together.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #309
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Thx for the honest reply. I feel for you and don't envy the thankless job you've undertaken. I'm sure you'll reap your just rewards in heav.....

....well, how 'bout if I just bring a liter of Crown and we'll partake as an offering to Gods of Gnarly Trail?
Some people will tell you that slow is good, and it may be on some days, but I am here to tell you that fast is better... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #310
Snr Moment
Unafarkler

Oddometer: 2,190
BV...hmmm, I know the way there. See how this plays out.

YAAK
Snr Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #311
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,784
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. My cell phone battery went dead today due making calls for this event.

When I have a signed booking contract I will let everyone here know first. I know everyone wants details, but if I posted constant updates this tread would read like a Kafka novel, and this thread should be fun, not depressing.

I know you are all antsy. Things ARE moving forward and I will have a final location VERY soon. Try to keep yourselves together.
Dude, no worries. You're the one doing all the legwork and we're very thankful for that. We're all just slightly hyperactive with the attention span of a puppy on crystal methamphetamine.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #312
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' it Strom View Post
I'll vouch for Modette..............he ain't right in the skull.
skull I always thought it was a lump of melted piston that was rattling around up there.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #313
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!

Oddometer: 2,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by merickk View Post
skull I always thought it was a lump of melted piston that was rattling around up there.

I thought it was his bike making all the racket on the trail. Well now I know.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #314
Pablo83 OP
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,772
Miracles DO happen

WestFest 2012

Dates: July 27th-29th

Location: M Lazy C Ranch (http://www.mlazyc.com), Lake George Colorado

This location is 30 minutes from Woodland Park, not quite as close as we wanted, but it's the same riding area.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have fifty million phone calls and emails to make. Stay tuned for more details over the next few days.

Pablo83 screwed with this post 02-07-2012 at 03:14 PM
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #315
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,090
Quote:
WestFest 2012

Dates: July 27th-29th

Location: M Lazy C Ranch (http://www.mlazyc.com), Lake George Colorado

This location is 30 minutes from Woodland Park, not quite as close as we wanted, but it's the same riding area.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have fifty million phone calls and emails to make.

I never thought of that place, good score.

I'll just be poping in Saturday to ride.

modette screwed with this post 02-07-2012 at 05:04 PM
modette is online now   Reply With Quote