ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #91
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!
 
Motorcyclist's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Madison, CT
Oddometer: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
Well, yeah. But I'm happy to put my head on the block and back the young Irish lad for the Championship this year. ! Big call, I know, but there ya go....... (And many dummie spits from Max coming up, methinks )

Anyone else up for a prediction?
I'm in Laverty's camp, and I like that kid a great deal. I'll pick him for top 3 at the end of the year, and if Max continues his bone-headed ways and Ducati runs out of magic beans, he could take it all. The wild card will be the BMW's. If they finally get it sorted out they have two potent riders. That is a big IF though, lots of corporate arrogance to overcome.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #92
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,399
Carlos for 2
__________________
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #93
Turder
Throttle engineer
 
Turder's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 469
More Crescent-Suzuki pics here: http://www.suzuki-racing.com/Gallery...7&RND_ID=29561

Looks better than previous SBK-Gixxers
__________________
Okay, I will be arrest.
Turder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #94
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
I'm in Laverty's camp, and I like that kid a great deal. I'll pick him for top 3 at the end of the year, and if Max continues his bone-headed ways and Ducati runs out of magic beans, he could take it all. The wild card will be the BMW's. If they finally get it sorted out they have two potent riders. That is a big IF though, lots of corporate arrogance to overcome.
Hearing ya. Beemers have a REAL good team this year, both riders and staff. And they ain't in it for the laughs.
But I did ask Steve Martin at the Island Classic if he thought version 2 had THE changes to make the difference, and he wasn't THAT convincing.........Personally, I'd be rapt t see em right up there. Pissed that Yam have run away!

Should be able to supply a bit of info in real time from the tests next week. Stay tuned.

Zuki looks the goods. This is gunna be a great year.
__________________
bootlace

BOOTLACE screwed with this post 02-08-2012 at 03:44 AM Reason: slack
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #95
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer
 
stk0308's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: St Charles, MO
Oddometer: 1,221
Just read in Racer magazine this month that Alstare is almost signed as the new MV Agusta factory team in WSS and WSB. This year they may run some supersport races, and even a superbike race or 2, if they feel they're ready to make an on track comparison. Plan is to go full bore in 2013. Unfortunately they already released all their techs so Francis Batta is going to be scrabbling to put people in place. He's hoping to reassemble the team though.
__________________
Steven
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #96
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
Just read in Racer magazine this month that Alstare is almost signed as the new MV Agusta factory team in WSS and WSB. This year they may run some supersport races, and even a superbike race or 2, if they feel they're ready to make an on track comparison. Plan is to go full bore in 2013. Unfortunately they already released all their techs so Francis Batta is going to be scrabbling to put people in place. He's hoping to reassemble the team though.
That would be great if it happens.

It is good to hear Racer is still around. They were the best of the best back at the end of the print era. Pure motorhead p0rn. I would love to see them have a similar quality online presence.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:07 AM   #97
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,808
Wouldn't like to be a spreading dodgy stories.....but wouldn't it be funny if Nitro Nori, the Sultan of Slide, turned up in the British Superbike Campionship on a Ducati Panigalli.....?
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #98
bingbong
Studly Adventurer
 
bingbong's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Obidos, Portugal
Oddometer: 770
Thumb

I'm pretty sure if he (Eugene) can get the better of Max in the first few races that'll be the last he see's of him. Top 3 for the Eugene in the final standings.
I'm really hoping Suzuki pulls this off and hit's the front. They really do need some encouragement. They could just be the underdog we all want to win.
How many days now till we find out what they've all got?
__________________
R Nine T
"you're never too old to learn something stupid" -- unknown.
bingbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #99
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
I'm pretty sure if he (Eugene) can get the better of Max in the first few races that'll be the last he see's of him. Top 3 for the Eugene in the final standings.
I'm really hoping Suzuki pulls this off and hit's the front. They really do need some encouragement. They could just be the underdog we all want to win.
How many days now till we find out what they've all got?
Not this weekend, but the next. Just down the road at a lovurly little venue called Phillip Island.

Here's the forecast; http://www.eldersweather.com.au/rain...disableCookies

May have live 'updates...' Stand by.
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #100
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait
 
UngaWunga's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Oddometer: 7,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
Wouldn't like to be a spreading dodgy stories.....but wouldn't it be funny if Nitro Nori, the Sultan of Slide, turned up in the British Superbike Campionship on a Ducati Panigalli.....?

I think he's done. Poor Nori is old and beaten physically. He can still pull off the good ride now and then, but I think losing the championship to Ben (mostly because his idiot teammate) killed his spirit. He may go, but I fear he'll fade like Kiyonari.

I'd like to go back in time and get Nori, Chili, Edwards, Baylis, Hayden, Spies, and Mladin in their riding prime, put them all on superbikes, and let them have at it at Philip Island or Imola.
__________________
"There isn't any secret," he said. "It's all very obvious."
UngaWunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #101
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Central NJ
Oddometer: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
...I'd like to go back in time and get Nori, Chili, Edwards, Baylis, Hayden, Spies, and Mladin in their riding prime, put them all on superbikes, and let them have at it at Philip Island or Imola.
Forgetting someone?
Attached Images
 
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #102
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
Forgetting someone?
Not to mention, Merkel, Polen and Corser.
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #103
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Central NJ
Oddometer: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Not to mention, Merkel, Polen and Corser.
Yep-- Go Show, Slighty and the Chief as well. Would be an interesting race for sure. WWIII on wheels

wpbarlow screwed with this post 02-09-2012 at 09:34 AM
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #104
Turder
Throttle engineer
 
Turder's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
WWIII on wheels
Tea in respiratory system.
__________________
Okay, I will be arrest.
Turder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #105
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
I think he's done. Poor Nori is old and beaten physically. He can still pull off the good ride now and then, but I think losing the championship to Ben (mostly because his idiot teammate) killed his spirit. He may go, but I fear he'll fade like Kiyonari.

I'd like to go back in time and get Nori, Chili, Edwards, Baylis, Hayden, Spies, and Mladin in their riding prime, put them all on superbikes, and let them have at it at Philip Island or Imola.
Close. No cigar. http://www.crash.net/british+superbi...ha_in_bsb.html

Still not sure what happened to Hutchie, ???? (Awesome comeback ride at Macau GP. Then what?)

Oh yeah. Hopper broke his hand at the Island today.......Bugger.
__________________
bootlace

BOOTLACE screwed with this post 02-13-2012 at 03:53 AM
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014