Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Are the carbs at a different offset than TB's? Do you know then if the SE is the same as the 950 Adv?
BTW, got a couple of pics of you on the Rubicon I need to post somewhere.
I'm not 100% sure on that as I don't have a 990 yet..... I don't want to put wrong data out here on that.
If you need a set of CARBS some place to test fit, I can box them up as long as I get them back..... maybe a test filter too.

The 950 ADV and 950 SE use the same carbs and the same air filter setups would work. Be happy to test fit anything.

Awesome. Can you email them to me? craig at cj designs llc.com

That was a great day. I really enjoyed the single track and the Rubicon in the afternoon very much. Thanks so much for showing us around.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
I'll call him Monday and let him know. Thanks for the offer. Sent you 2 pic, 2 videos, and a pic of your buddy on the GO!!!!.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
K2m

Oddometer: 2,242
I had an experience with air for the carbs....... First I do seal any hot radiator air away from the carbes. I had fitted a seat from a 900 Triumph. Love it.

I had to make a carbon cover to fit between the "glove box" and the seat. Every night I come home from work at 1am..... I have the road to my self, and there is a sort of expressway 50mph I do about 100mph.... so this cover keeps lifting, the FCR roar notifies me of the problem..... After a few days of this I think..... why??? well the air pressure from forward movement ends up at the carbes It is a real push. So I took my glove of to check temperature and it was cool. Sooooo I hope this helps

K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
K2m

Was short on time for that last post. I had been working on the aerodynamics of the bike for about 12 months. I had put the fan in front of the radiator. built C/F shrouds to direct air into the radiator with great success as my fan almost never comes on in Summer city traffic. I had been considering NACA ducts just behind the blinkers. There is a triangle drawn in texta on my faring. I was considering running C/F tubes to flex hose connected to the top of my C/F glove box. I was also thinking about running tunnels from the grill.

That sound deadened cover was lifting at 60/65mph. It was flexing the lightweight C/F cover out of its clip. I had designed it to be easy to remove but still it was being blown of. I could feel the rushing cool air when i put my naked hand next to the carbes. The same hand next to the radiator was bathed in warmth There is simply no reason to bring air to the air box as it has ample when moving

Old 02-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #20
K2m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
If they had a fitment for a 950, I would be havin' one of those.
I would not advise this if you are running the standard CV carbies. Restriction in the airbox plays a major roll in the working of the vacuum slide, it also determines how much fuel your jets produce. The results would be a slow throttle response, and lean jetting. Even with a wideband I would not recommend this. An FCR set up changes everything.

The K&N comments earlier have been noted......... It's a shame really as they are such a well made filter

Old 02-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2m View Post
Was short on time for that last post. I had been working on the aerodynamics of the bike for about 12 months. I had put the fan in front of the radiator. built C/F shrouds to direct air into the radiator with great success as my fan almost never comes on in Summer city traffic. I had been considering NACA ducts just behind the blinkers. There is a triangle drawn in texta on my faring. I was considering running C/F tubes to flex hose connected to the top of my C/F glove box. I was also thinking about running tunnels from the grill.

That sound deadened cover was lifting at 60/65mph. It was flexing the lightweight C/F cover out of its clip. I had designed it to be easy to remove but still it was being blown of. I could feel the rushing cool air when i put my naked hand next to the carbes. The same hand next to the radiator was bathed in warmth There is simply no reason to bring air to the air box as it has ample when moving

That's good info. I've cut the bottom of the shelf in my glove box off to make room for sensors. I could do the same thing and see if their is some pressure in there. I usually have a tank bag on that holds my wide band and data logging so my glove box is always strapped down. Your shrouds are helping alot. A 950 that doesn't run the fan in Summer traffic.Great idea. I suspect that the fork legs create vortexes that probably spill over the stock fairing. The notch only being three inches from the radiator. Speculation of course since you can't really tell what's going on unless your in a wind tunnel. I've done some aero testing with various teams I've worked for. Some even had a big enough budget to afford wind tunnel testing. I thought that would be fun but it is one boring day I tell you. Looks like you have more than doubled that distance plus widened it out a couple inches. Nice mod with good results.
Suppose I could data log the airbox pressure sensor. Do some pulls on the dyno with no fans for a base line setting, then go ride and see what I get.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #22
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

http://www.cprfabrications.com/Rottw...akeSystem.html
Old 02-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #23
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Still looks good, but i wait for your results.

But there is 1 point that i put some question marks in.
That red tab which holds the filter pressed to the base plate, how long will this last over time........with vibrations and heat?.
You don't want that to fail!

Spark01 screwed with this post 02-10-2012 at 08:13 AM
Spark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
Still looks good, but i wait for your results.

But there is 1 point that i put some question marks in.
That red tab which holds the filter pressed to the base plate, how long will this last over time........with vibrations and heat?.
You don't want that to fail!
Thought it would be a good time to weigh in on this. Followed it from our site tracker and referrer links. (Thanks to tahoeacr for posting this)
This tab is extremely secure and quite frankly, is not an untested design. It's been around for a while in other applications on race cars that vibrate quite a bit more that these twins. The plastic cage is fiber reinforced injection molded plastic that is super strong and NOT brittle in any way shape or form. We loaded this picture with a Lexan base that we machined in order to do the instructions so you could see how to run the wires below it and it also made a good example of how it seals around the edge. (Grease it where the grey dense foam is) We have tried to destroy a few of these in some different ways and we can positively assure you this is not an issue at all. We know it looks funny but its very secure and strong. We have had these on 990 Adventures as well as SuperDukes and are working better than expected in every category.
Please feel free to hit us up with any questions and we are happy to answer. Thank you very much to this forum for the interest. More pics to come once the new shipment from the manufacturer arrives.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #25
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
Thought it would be a good time to weigh in on this. Followed it from our site tracker and referrer links. (Thanks to tahoeacr for posting this)
This tab is extremely secure and quite frankly, is not an untested design. It's been around for a while in other applications on race cars that vibrate quite a bit more that these twins. The plastic cage is fiber reinforced injection molded plastic that is super strong and NOT brittle in any way shape or form. We loaded this picture with a Lexan base that we machined in order to do the instructions so you could see how to run the wires below it and it also made a good example of how it seals around the edge. (Grease it where the grey dense foam is) We have tried to destroy a few of these in some different ways and we can positively assure you this is not an issue at all. We know it looks funny but its very secure and strong. We have had these on 990 Adventures as well as SuperDukes and are working better than expected in every category.
Please feel free to hit us up with any questions and we are happy to answer. Thank you very much to this forum for the interest. More pics to come once the new shipment from the manufacturer arrives.
Thanks for the info on that part.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
Thought it would be a good time to weigh in on this. Followed it from our site tracker and referrer links. (Thanks to tahoeacr for posting this) ...Thank you very much to this forum for the interest. More pics to come once the new shipment from the manufacturer arrives.
I am interested in this, lets us know when additional base maps are ready

This is where we would like to enlist the help of local Southern California customers with bike models we do not have maps for. After purchasing a Rottweiler Intake System and getting a custom tuned map from Mach 1 Motorcycles in Costa Mesa, CA, 949-642-3084 (Mach 1 requires a PC3 for this) we will refund the customer $100.00 off of their purchase price in return for the map file. We will only use Mach 1 Motorcycles of Costa Mesa as we have a personal and trusting relationship with them. Would you want a map from an untrusted source?
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #27
BillyD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Just wanted to show you guys a new air filtration set-up. Seems like everyone calls them airboxes but there is no "box" to it. This came about at the right time for me because I'm sick of my K&N sucking dirt.
Maybe if you weren't bringing up the rear all the time, your K&N wouldn't suck so much dirt...

Also, are those your drag racing exhaust headers? Got Nitrious?

FWIW, here's what I did to my glovebox for use with the Pyndon Pre-filter...

KTM '08 690 RFR, '08 990Adv S (carbs), '07 640Adv, '03 540EXC, Ducati 851, Moto Guzzi 850 Lemans, Ercole & 2VT and Yamaha RD350.
BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:59 AM   #28
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
FWIW, here's what I did to my glovebox for use with the Pyndon Pre-filter...

nice work

we need a "now why didn't i think of it ? " emoticon.
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #29
K2m

Beutifully done
Old 02-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #30
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
We ran this Saturday at Mach One Motorcycles in Costa Mesa, Ca. The bike is a 2008 Super Duke.
Initial runs: (Differences in red)
Stock exhaust, stock air box, flies removed, shafts present, California Union 76 91 octane pump gas, rear tire 36 lbs, chain lubed.
Modified runs: (Only Rottweiler Intake System added)
Stock exhaust, Rottweiler Intake System, flies removed, shafts present, California Union 76 91 Octane pump gas, rear tire 36 lbs, chain lubed.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote