Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
RaceTech Electric: High Quality Motorcycle Stators & Voltage Regulators - ADV Disc.

Hi ADV'ers.
I'm Evan with RaceTech Electric. We manufacture High Quality (& High Output) stators and voltage regulators for many street, dirt, dual-sport & quad models. I run the R&D and Engineering department, and do all of our design and development, as well as handle production. I can answer any questions you have, or help out with electrical issues.

First things first, our website:
RaceTech Electric: High Power Motorcycle Stators & Voltage Regulators - http://www.racetechelectric.com

Some parts you guys may be interested in:

Suzuki DR-Z400 High Output 180W Stator

Honda XR400/XR650R High Output Stator

Honda XR600R/XR600L/XR350/XR500 High Output Stator

Kawasaki KLR650 High Output 280W Stator

Kawasaki KLR650 Voltage Regulator

I'd also like to offer a discount to ADV riders. All ADV members can get a flat 10% off of any stator or voltage regulator we manufacture, by using the Coupon Code 'ADVDOTCOM' at checkout. I hope you guys will check us out when you need a stator or regulator for your bike. We have a 1 year warranty on all parts, and free tech support by phone or email.

Thanks!

Evan
http://www.racetechelectric.com
evan@racetechelectric.com
619-928-9015 office
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Greetings,
What could you offer for those of us Kawasaki KDX 200/220 owners who want more watts to power functional headlights and heated grips?

While not a current model, these bikes are probably one of the most prolific, and enduring, dirt bikes ever made.

Thanks!

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey KTM950 thanks for the request. I have hand-wound a few KDX250 stators, just re-wrapping the ignition poles. These were for 83 KDX's I believe. I really doubt we'll build a complete replacement stator for these bikes, as I just don't have enough demand for them. I agree they are awesome bikes, but I have to make sure I can sell alot of a new part to justify the development costs. I've got to build at least 100 of a new part to make a production run worthwhile. I will definitely post if I begin development on these parts, but for the time being I don't have any KDX part applications, and no current plans to develop one.

Thanks for asking though!

Evan
Old 02-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingfastsd View Post
I've got to build at least 100 of a new part to make a production run worthwhile..

Evan
How about a voltage regulator for ktm 990 adv?
Thanks
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Might want to check the BMW F800GS section as there are a number of folks with Stator/Regulator issues. Offering a solid replacement, at a reasonable price, I'd imagine you could reach 100+ units. Keeping an eye on mine as I am out of warranty and would jump at a better build if I need to replace down the road.

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoRider View Post
Might want to check the BMW F800GS section as there are a number of folks with Stator/Regulator issues. Offering a solid replacement, at a reasonable price, I'd imagine you could reach 100+ units. Keeping an eye on mine as I am out of warranty and would jump at a better build if I need to replace down the road.

Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up. I just looked up pics of the F800 GS regulator. Building the regulator is no problem, one of my current housings & the internals are perfect. The only problem is finding those connectors. If you have one would you be able to take detailed closeup pics of the connectors on it?

Evan
Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto View Post
How about a voltage regulator for ktm 990 adv?
Thanks
Also shouldn't be a problem. From looking at a pic on ebay, I have a housing and internals that will work just fine.
Main deal is tracking down the connectors to match. I have my shipment of connectors coming in about 2 weeks, and I may have those. Would you also be able to take closeup detailed pics of the connectors on that part?

Evan
Old 02-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Hey KTM950 thanks for the request. I have hand-wound a few KDX250 stators, just re-wrapping the ignition poles. These were for 83 KDX's I believe. I really doubt we'll build a complete replacement stator for these bikes, as I just don't have enough demand for them. I agree they are awesome bikes, but I have to make sure I can sell alot of a new part to justify the development costs. I've got to build at least 100 of a new part to make a production run worthwhile. I will definitely post if I begin development on these parts, but for the time being I don't have any KDX part applications, and no current plans to develop one.

Evan
Hi Evan,
Thanks for your reply.
You might want to post an offer to produce such a high-power stator if enough people sign-on, at the KDX Rider.net forum.
I think you might be pleasantly surprised by the interest...

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,129
Quote:
Also shouldn't be a problem. From looking at a pic on ebay, I have a housing and internals that will work just fine.
Main deal is tracking down the connectors to match. I have my shipment of connectors coming in about 2 weeks, and I may have those. Would you also be able to take closeup detailed pics of the connectors on that part?

Evan
yes I'll take a few this week.
Thank you
Old 02-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
Rescue Wagon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Any chances you can do a Kawasaki VN900?
Rescue Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue Wagon View Post
Any chances you can do a Kawasaki VN900?
I will look into the VN900. I don't currently have a stator for that bike. I looked up pictures on ebay though, it looks pretty similar to a core I already make. I will look further into this.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
Rescue Wagon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Thanks for looking into it.
Rescue Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #13
gvthnks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
What about a stator for a XR250r.
96 Honda Shadow
93 Honda XR 80
87 Honda XR250r
83 Honda XR350r
73 Honda XL350
73 CB750
73 Yamaha DT-1

wife calls it a sickness. I'm running a M/C rescue
gvthnks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvthnks View Post
What about a stator for a XR250r.
I just checked those out. I don't have a stator that will fit the XR250's. I don't know if I will build these, as I haven't had much demand for them. No plans to do so as of yet, but we'll see.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
b3h
ol dog on a stray

Oddometer: 174
Xr650l ?
b3h is online now   Reply With Quote