Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #31
j.king
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
South Bay -> Bend

I'm in. Registered.
Will be heading there from South Bay (San Jose, CA) and will have a camping stop in Brookings Oregon on the way for anyone who wants to tag along. Will also have the chance to use a tire changer in Brookings for anyone who wants to switch to knobbier tires along the way.

Cheers
Old 02-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #32
rsamaha
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lemelin View Post
Wild, Wild West. Going to be a good one this year for sure....
We will plan a ride up from the shop I suspect. More info here:
www.ktmorangeevents.com well soon I guess, that's the link they sent us
Cheers,
In!!!, and would love to join the group ride. Keep me posted on that.
Can't wait.
rsamaha
Old 02-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,395
This working for a living bullshit has kept me away for the last couple years but not this time, registration is done! Kenny and other Western Canucks are you riding down, is there a group going, room for one more? Definiteley in for camping too, the more rustic the better.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #34
4corners14
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Bend.....

Three of us, myself, my long time riding buddy and my new bro-in-law (currently searching for a used 990) are spending 3 weeks in Alaska in July, if I can convince my bride that it really should be ok to spend all my vacation time this year on bikes (without her) then we'll be coming down as well. I always liked the Bend area. It would be great to explore it in the dirt. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number that can register?
4corners14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #35
BillyD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Booked

I'm going just to watch Cyborg do his lawn dart imitation...

KTM '08 690 RFR, '08 990Adv S (carbs), '07 640Adv, '03 540EXC, Ducati 851, Moto Guzzi 850 Lemans, Ercole & 2VT and Yamaha RD350.
BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #36
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners14 View Post
Three of us, myself, my long time riding buddy and my new bro-in-law (currently searching for a used 990) are spending 3 weeks in Alaska in July, if I can convince my bride that it really should be ok to spend all my vacation time this year on bikes (without her) then we'll be coming down as well. I always liked the Bend area. It would be great to explore it in the dirt. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number that can register?
It didn't seem like it on the website, there was a price difference though for early registration.

PG007
Old 02-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #37
EdGear
Edventurer

Oddometer: 549
I'm in
EdGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #38
killurtv
free range moron

Oddometer: 638
I am in for this one too!!! I will be riding my 07 990 all the way there and back, ah lets see, yah, the entire 10 miles from my house. As far as camping goes, the Rally is in an area surrounded by National Forest land, so you can just pick a road and rough it. Personally I would not be ok leaving my stuff there all day though. The nearest and best sites will be up in the cascades, about 10-15 miles from the Rally site. At this time of year reservations should not be needed. but maybe better safe than sorry.Elk Lake Resort (www.elklakeresort.net) is a nice place, they have group sites where all the Orange hooligans can converge. There is a restaurant, hiking trails, boat rental and swimming. One of the big pluses of going high in the mountains in the evening is the sleeping temps are ideal, the drinking temps are pretty good too.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #39
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killurtv View Post
I am in for this one too!!! I will be riding my 07 990 all the way there and back, ah lets see, yah, the entire 10 miles from my house. As far as camping goes, the Rally is in an area surrounded by National Forest land, so you can just pick a road and rough it. Personally I would not be ok leaving my stuff there all day though. The nearest and best sites will be up in the cascades, about 10-15 miles from the Rally site. At this time of year reservations should not be needed. but maybe better safe than sorry.Elk Lake Resort (www.elklakeresort.net) is a nice place, they have group sites where all the Orange hooligans can converge. There is a restaurant, hiking trails, boat rental and swimming. One of the big pluses of going high in the mountains in the evening is the sleeping temps are ideal, the drinking temps are pretty good too.
Drinking temps are key to a good time. How treed are these places, can I rock a hammock no worries? I assume it's just like home in that regard.

PG007
Old 02-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #40
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,220
Rally specifics...

The invite reads that the hotel recommended is Mt. Bachelor Village Resort.

Anyone know how this all works? Is Mt. Bachelor Village Resort considered base for the entire rally? Or is it going to be set up somewhere else and the hotel is a recommended location within town. Where are the meals set up? As far as the various rides and events... do they list it on an itinerary after you sign up?

This would be my first KTM Rally, so not sure how /where they organize the day's pre and post events.

I know Bend somewhat, and it's pretty spread out. Where to camp is going to depend on where KTM is setting everything up. Weather starts to get spotty in September too.

I'm thinking about trailering my bike from Southern Cal up to around Shasta/ Redding area, then staging my cage for the return. Can anyone recommend a safe spot for cage with bumper rack for about 5-7 days?

Anyone interested in meeting up in Shasta and then fireroading over to Klamath Falls via Lava Lakes byway, then heading up to Crater Lake. And then fireroading through Diamond Lake, Windigo Pass, Summit Lake, Crescent Lake, Crane Lake, Sunriver along the Deschutes river all on dirt to Century Drive and 7 miles pavement in to Bend?

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 02-23-2012 at 04:04 PM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #41
killurtv
free range moron

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenickel View Post
Drinking temps are key to a good time. How treed are these places, can I rock a hammock no worries? I assume it's just like home in that regard.
Lots of trees, after all, it is the beaver state.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #42
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
I'm going just to watch Cyborg do his lawn dart imitation...

Lets hope not!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #43
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post

Anyone know how this all works? Is Mt. Bachelor Village Resort considered base for the entire rally? Or is it going to be set up somewhere else and the hotel is a recommended location within town. Where are the meals set up? As far as the various rides and events... do they list it on an itinerary after you sign up?

This would be my first KTM Rally, so not sure how /where they organize the day's pre and post events.

I know Bend somewhat, and it's pretty spread out. Where to camp is going to depend on where KTM is setting everything up. Weather starts to get spotty in September too.

I'm thinking about trailering my bike from Southern Cal up to around Shasta/ Redding area, then staging my cage for the return. Can anyone recommend a safe spot for cage with bumper rack for about 5-7 days?

Anyone interested in meeting up in Shasta and then fireroading over to Klamath Falls via Lava Lakes byway, then heading up to Crater Lake. And then fireroading through Diamond Lake, Windigo Pass, Summit Lake, Crescent Lake, Crane Lake, Sunriver along the Deschutes river all on dirt to Century Drive and 7 miles pavement in to Bend?
Oh boy. I live in Mount Shasta, and i'd defintely be in for this if I can get the time off work.. Currently I am 24/7 for the "foreseeable future" as my co-worker got resigned last week, but if I can get it off, I'm in! Got parking for your rig, regardless.

drop me a PM and I'll shoot you a number....goes for anyone else coming through as well.
Steve
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #44
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post

Last year the recommended hotel was the base for the entire rally. They set up booths in the parking lot for demo rides and some vendors as well.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #45
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killurtv View Post
Lots of trees, after all, it is the beaver state.
Roger that, I just wasn't too sure if the campsites were the RV type with nothing but power hook ups and water taps and some lawn set up to cram as many big rigs as possible into every square foot.

PG007