ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: What Size Shirt Do You Want?
Sm 0 0%
Med 2 6.90%
Lg 10 34.48%
XL 9 31.03%
XXL 7 24.14%
XXXL 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #91
Gregg Wannabe
Just killing time

Oddometer: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
I'm enjoying a Stone IPA right now. #4, but who's counting?

Sounds awesome, Stone Brewery (www.stoneworldbistro.com) is by far the best place in the world to have a burger and a beer.

Thanks
CA Stu

PS Can I bring a funnel?

4 Stone IPAs = drunk. At least for me. Thems some strong beers there Stu.
Gregg Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #92
Shunka
Supervision Required

Oddometer: 3,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Wannabe View Post
4 Stone IPAs = drunk. At least for me. Thems some strong beers there Stu.
6.9% so it depends. Are they 12oz or the 22oz?

My favorite is the 15th Anniversary @ 10.9% and the Double Bastard @ 10.5 Two of those 22oz and I'm
Shunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #93
HuckFinn
Easily Distracted

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarling View Post
Alright y'all, I just put an order in for 40 stickers. The final price is $75, shipped, so let's go with $2 per. Sound ok to everybody?
Awesome. I'm in.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #94
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunka View Post
6.9% so it depends. Are they 12oz or the 22oz?

My favorite is the 15th Anniversary @ 10.9% and the Double Bastard @ 10.5 Two of those 22oz and I'm
12oz.

Two of those extra-strong beers in a 22oz. and I'm

I'd like to claim one of those stickers, too, if I can.

Thanks
CA Stu
Old 02-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #95
Afry
Why hike?

Oddometer: 566
Blake - I rode a modified first part of our next trip (Ramona - Butterfield) except for the gated Santa Ysabel TT yesterday. Pine Creek was new to me and a great road! I saw BMW/KTM and FuzzyNugs at the Desert Dash campground - they both rode the 200 mile trip on day one and I think Chris took day two off but my hat is off to both of them. They are a good resource to chime in about what I have to report next about Grapevine/Jasper.

I went to the hideout for a burger (and blondes) and rode DOWN the Grapevine/Jasper trail and I have concerns over the bigger big bikes riding up that trail. There are a couple uphills that will be short but steep and loose when coming from the other direction. Not sure I would want to run a 1200 up those and I consider myself a decent rider.

Also, today I scouted the Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail, this is the trail that is to the east of what we called Oriflamme (but is really Mason Valley truck trail that we rode). I rode it up from where it splits from Mason Valley TT at the bottom of Oriflamme canyon (it rejoins it just before the gate at the end by Banner grade). I am happy to say it is scenic and big bike friendly. Some of the off road sites say this trail is harder but only because of the big boulders the 4 wheelers cannot go around. It is less steep and rocky than Mason Valley TT. It will be an easy run downhill and I recommend we drop off Banner grade to this trail on the way to Butterfield on day one, just a thought.

Earlier comments about Santa Ysabel TT being harder than Grapevine is just not true coming from the direction we are planning on. There are no technical sections on SY TT, it is a Jeep trail that I used to run in 2 wheel drive. From the other direction (from Black Canyon towards Black Mtn) there are some short hill climbs but only a problem when wet and in May it will be real nice.

Yamaha TDR250

Get on with riding or get on with dying - one or the other
Afry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #96
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,917
Sign me up for one too!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #97
bdarling OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
12oz.

Two of those extra-strong beers in a 22oz. and I'm

I'd like to claim one of those stickers, too, if I can.

Thanks
CA Stu
I'm working through a 750ml bottle of Allagash Curieux Ale. It's awesome, but at 11%, I'm having trouble typing.

Quote:
Blake - I rode a modified first part of our next trip (Ramona - Butterfield) except for the gated Santa Ysabel TT yesterday. Pine Creek was new to me and a great road! I saw BMW/KTM and FuzzyNugs at the Desert Dash campground - they both rode the 200 mile trip on day one and I think Chris took day two off but my hat is off to both of them. They are a good resource to chime in about what I have to report next about Grapevine/Jasper.

I went to the hideout for a burger (and blondes) and rode DOWN the Grapevine/Jasper trail and I have concerns over the bigger big bikes riding up that trail. There are a couple uphills that will be short but steep and loose when coming from the other direction. Not sure I would want to run a 1200 up those and I consider myself a decent rider.

Also, today I scouted the Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail, this is the trail that is to the east of what we called Oriflamme (but is really Mason Valley truck trail that we rode). I rode it up from where it splits from Mason Valley TT at the bottom of Oriflamme canyon (it rejoins it just before the gate at the end by Banner grade). I am happy to say it is scenic and big bike friendly. Some of the off road sites say this trail is harder but only because of the big boulders the 4 wheelers cannot go around. It is less steep and rocky than Mason Valley TT. It will be an easy run downhill and I recommend we drop off Banner grade to this trail on the way to Butterfield on day one, just a thought.

Earlier comments about Santa Ysabel TT being harder than Grapevine is just not true coming from the direction we are planning on. There are no technical sections on SY TT, it is a Jeep trail that I used to run in 2 wheel drive. From the other direction (from Black Canyon towards Black Mtn) there are some short hill climbs but only a problem when wet and in May it will be real nice.
I had a heckuva time staying on top of my loaded 1100 going down Grapevine, but I'm up for the challenge of going up. At the kickoff of day 2, we'll make sure to let everyone know what they're riding into. Most of the riders are on their second round, so they know what's up.

I ride SY TT several times a month during the open season and it really is nothing to worry about...more of a warm up for Grapevine.

I will have enough stickers for everyone to get at least one. I think we'll have 10 leftover for those who want two.

-B!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #98
bdarling OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Shirt Size!!!

Everybody!

Yeti Scott has offered to coordinate a t-shirt order, but we need to get everybody's order before we pull the trigger. I have posted a poll, so please take a moment to submit a response.

The shirt will be a brown short sleeve cotton tee with the ride logo (post #1) on the lapel (ok, tee shirts don't have a lapel, so call it the breast). We haven't talked about the back of the shirt yet, but I'm leaning towards a clean back to keep cost down. Post up of you object.

-B

bdarling screwed with this post 02-26-2012 at 09:07 PM
bdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #99
Shunka
Supervision Required

I like the small logo on the breast and a big logo across the back. As long as it's no more than $20-$25 I'm ok with it. Voted XXXL for me. I like em loose. :-)
Old 02-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #100
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,346
To do the logo as shown (ie 3 colors) small in front and large in back, would be about $18-20.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #101
Shunka
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
To do the logo as shown (ie 3 colors) small in front and large in back, would be about $18-20.

I'm okay with that. Of course majority rules.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #102
HuckFinn
Easily Distracted

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
I'm okay with that. Sign me up for a large!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #103
Renner
infamous wrench

Oddometer: 2,113
in for the sticker.

+ riding and maybe camping
Old 03-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #104
OBSteve
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I'm IN!

Sounds like fun. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
OBSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #105
Strega
Black is a color

Oddometer: 484
Well, the official site for these events is now live:
SoCalDualSport.com

We also have a Facebook page located here:
https://www.facebook.com/SoCalDualSport

There is a dedicated forum for these specific events here: (Hosted by: DualSportMoto)
Local Riding - Southern California

(Registration on ANY OF THE ABOVE IS NOT REQUIRED to view the site or register for a ride. It is ONLY there as an added resource)

Happy to take suggestions, ideas, and thoughts on the new site. I'd like to get articles about how YOU camp off your bike and what YOU carry so I can put them up on the site.

This site was built for the SoCal riders by SoCal riders.

This site was built in coordination with 'bdarling' & 'x-country-rider'. This is not a rogue endeavor. :)

Thanks for your help!

Disclaimer:
I DID NOT get paid to build this site, I don't sell any products, I'm not making ANY money (nor will I ever), and I my only interest here is donating my time and abilities to the community. The section on the SoCalDualSport.com website entitled 'Links' in the main menu is just my own personal opinion of websites that I've found useful for my dual-sport and adventure biking endeavors. I am in no way encouraging or promoting anyone to click any of those links for any reason other than for information purposes only. I am not being paid to post any of those links, I do not receive any kickbacks or discounts, and I am not profiting from this in any way, shape, or form. The links posted are for safety, gps navigation, Dual-Sport and Adv Bike information, Organizations that promote our sport, local SoCal clubs, and products I have personally used. Thank you for your understanding.

Bikes: ['09 KTM 690 RR]['98 KTM 620 Adv]['07 WR 450F]['99 YAM R6]
Support: [Where Am I Riding][Dual Sport Moto][C.O.R.E.][Nomadic Racks][Dual Sport Maps]

Strega screwed with this post 03-02-2012 at 12:19 PM
Strega is offline   Reply With Quote