ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #181
Ron_Ces OP
Aging Hacker
 
Ron_Ces's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Sunny Riverton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,603
Looks like no!

[QUOTE=VStromNC;18012381]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Ces View Post

Ron_Ces,

You coming down this year?
For the first time in ten years I am not going to be at Bike Week. My boss told me that he is going to Myrtle Beach spring break. That falls on the same week. If he is off, I have to be on-site. Have fun and i will be living vicariously through all of you guys.
Ron
__________________
Ride whatever makes you smile! Every bike has it's own issues, problems and annoyances...

BMW R1150GS ADV
KTM 300 EXC (plated)
Ron_Ces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #182
gus
Studly Adventurer
 
gus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: columbia SC
Oddometer: 829
the second weekend of Bikeweek was the first weekend of spring break. Since Bike week is a week later I guess the events will be the same time.
gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #183
VStromNC
DNS/DNF
 
VStromNC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Charlotte, N.C.
Oddometer: 761
[QUOTE=Ron_Ces;18030149]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VStromNC View Post

For the first time in ten years I am not going to be at Bike Week. My boss told me that he is going to Myrtle Beach spring break. That falls on the same week. If he is off, I have to be on-site. Have fun and i will be living vicariously through all of you guys.
Ron
That's too bad as I had to back out last minute last year due to similar. Not this year. I am simply looking forward to riding 500 miles on my V-Strom 1K from Charlotte to Daytona, checking out the Supercross on Saturday, 03/10, checking out some demo rides and exhibition booths and riding back home on Monday 03/12.


Jon
__________________
14 TR650 (Terra)
06 DL1000K6 (Vee)
VStromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #184
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Heart of Dixie........Alabamie
Oddometer: 472
I will be down there again this year, I hope. Thursday March 15 thru Sunday March 18..........staying in Deland at the old KOA Campground like I have done for about 8 years now. They are biker-friendly, but with enough family atmosphere to make it fun........with peace & quiet at night for sleeping (for the most part). I missed the ADV Ride last year (think it was Saturday AM.....?????).......I was either Demo'ing the Triumph 800, or getting ready to watch the Daytona 200........don't remember. Anyway, if anyone goes down and their bike needs a lift back towards Atlanta-then-B'ham on Sunday, I should have space on my trailer...........
mark444
B'ham
Moto-Kafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #185
Lurking Luddite
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Lurking Luddite's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: ottawa ontario canada
Oddometer: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
I met you a few years back at the BMW campout. How is the state park? what are the rates? I have been by it many times but never checked it out.

I like to ride my Harley to BMW events and the BMW to Harley events so I can find my bike. There was a time when you were looked down on in both camps for riding an inferrior bike, but now a lot of people have both or multiple brands,
Gus

The state park is great, never overbooked, super clean and quiet. You pretty much have to book 11 months ahead but I scored a cancellation a few years ago and have stayed there ever since. I think I paid $28. with water and electric.
You are right about being able to find your bike at opposite events but I do it just to piss off any died in the wool types.
__________________
Don't spoil your woman only ruins her for the next guy
Lurking Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #186
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Heart of Dixie........Alabamie
Oddometer: 472
The Vintage Bike Auction is on Friday March 16, has changed owners (back to Gerry Wood.....that's good news), but has changed location.........now at Volusia Cty Fairgrounds........see attached:

http://www.jwoodandcompany.com/

If you have never been to this auction, you need to go.........just to view all the vintage bikes parked outside,.... not to mention inside for sale. There is a small swapmeet as well............usually food is available.
Moto-Kafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #187
VStromNC
DNS/DNF
 
VStromNC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Charlotte, N.C.
Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
I will be down there again this year, I hope. Thursday March 15 thru Sunday March 18..........staying in Deland at the old KOA Campground like I have done for about 8 years now. They are biker-friendly, but with enough family atmosphere to make it fun........with peace & quiet at night for sleeping (for the most part). I missed the ADV Ride last year (think it was Saturday AM.....?????).......I was either Demo'ing the Triumph 800, or getting ready to watch the Daytona 200........don't remember. Anyway, if anyone goes down and their bike needs a lift back towards Atlanta-then-B'ham on Sunday, I should have space on my trailer...........
mark444
B'ham
You can tent camp at the Daytona infields, reserved area for tent camping, free provided you hold a tix to that days event. Hey, why not live and breathe bikes. Free clean restrooms and showers, easy access to everything right outside the Daytona Speedway including manufacturers booth for bike demo rides, vendors, shops, etc., and nothing like watching the bikes race around the oval turns at break neck speed right outside your camp site.

BTW, Ducati always has the best looking gals!

Jon
__________________
14 TR650 (Terra)
06 DL1000K6 (Vee)
VStromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #188
Ron_Ces OP
Aging Hacker
 
Ron_Ces's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Sunny Riverton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,603
Camping at the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by VStromNC View Post
You can tent camp at the Daytona infields, reserved area for tent camping, free provided you hold a tix to that days event. Hey, why not live and breathe bikes. Free clean restrooms and showers, easy access to everything right outside the Daytona Speedway including manufacturers booth for bike demo rides, vendors, shops, etc., and nothing like watching the bikes race around the oval turns at break neck speed right outside your camp site. BTW, Ducati always has the best looking gals!
Jon
I camped at the track for the first time last year. Great location, great facilities, cool people. Most of the campers that I talked to were flagmen for the races. Cool stories. The infield pass also lets you into the pits and access to the concerts held during the week. I discovered some great vantage points while walking around the track. Much better seats than the grandstands. The previous years I was at the bcubed campground, it was cool when the mexican restaurant and bar were open... YMMV
Ron
__________________
Ride whatever makes you smile! Every bike has it's own issues, problems and annoyances...

BMW R1150GS ADV
KTM 300 EXC (plated)
Ron_Ces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #189
dolomoto
Destroyer of Motorcycles
 
dolomoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Gen. Oglethorpe's 1733 folly
Oddometer: 2,519
We're staying in the Ocala NF at the Alexander Springs NF campground (third time for me). It's just 30m out of town.
__________________
Hot, Nasty, Bad-Ass Speed tours: 2008,2010,2014
dolomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #190
PARider
Adventurer
 
PARider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The Keystone State - Lancaster County
Oddometer: 20
Thumb Thanks for vintage info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
The Vintage Bike Auction is on Friday March 16, has changed owners (back to Gerry Wood.....that's good news), but has changed location.........now at Volusia Cty Fairgrounds........see attached:

http://www.jwoodandcompany.com/

If you have never been to this auction, you need to go.........just to view all the vintage bikes parked outside,.... not to mention inside for sale. There is a small swapmeet as well............usually food is available.
Mark444; Thanks for the info! I visited the vintage show at Stetson U. last year and was looking forward to taking my noob buddy there this year. I was frustrated with a lack of info due to the merger of the previous auction co and thought it was dead.

There's also a vintage show & swap meet in Eustis on March 9 & 10. It looks like a good one, but I won't be in FL until the 16th. http://vintagemotorcyclealliance.com/event.html. I'll probably hit the VC Fairgrounds that afternoon.
__________________
"Be careful going in search of adventure - it's rediculously easy to find". William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways.
PARider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #191
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Heart of Dixie........Alabamie
Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARider View Post
........ was looking forward to taking my noob buddy there this year. I was frustrated with a lack of info due to the merger of the previous auction co and thought it was dead.

There's also a vintage show & swap meet in Eustis on March 9 & 10. It looks like a good one, but I won't be in FL until the 16th. http://vintagemotorcyclealliance.com/event.html. I'll probably hit the VC Fairgrounds that afternoon.
Yes............same here: I always go to Bike Week the 2nd weekend and have always missed the Eustis Thing and the Historic Races they use to have the first week.

PA, if you like Vintage, come back to Barbers in B'ham in October for the Vintage Festival.........while Mid-Ohio in July sounds like it is suffering somewhat (compared to 10 years ago), the Barbers event is growing every year!!!
Moto-Kafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #192
Ol Dirty
Adventurer
 
Ol Dirty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Oddometer: 20
Heading down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Ces View Post
It looks like I will be arriving in Daytona on wednesday. I will be riding down from NJ. We have to coordinate this so we can all be in the same area camping. Who is going to be the first person there? My schedule is flexible, I may be there on tuesday depending on the weather up north.
Ron
I will be heading down from NY on the 7th. I have hotel booked for 9th - 11th (a little treat to myself) and then I made a KOA reservation for the rest of the week but it looks like orange camp area is the place to stay if your camping. I think I will cancel the KOA and setup shop at the orange camp area on Monday. Does anyone have rides setup for the week of 3/12?
Ol Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #193
Lurking Luddite
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Lurking Luddite's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: ottawa ontario canada
Oddometer: 376
The AMCA event that was a Eustis has relocated this year, it will be near the Cabbage Patch I believe at some riding school\ranch. There is some vendors going to be at Eustis I hear but not under the AMCA. It will be March 9-11.
__________________
Don't spoil your woman only ruins her for the next guy
Lurking Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #194
Lurking Luddite
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Lurking Luddite's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: ottawa ontario canada
Oddometer: 376
I just looked it up the AMCA meet is at the Silver Sands Bridal Club.
625 Tomaka Farms Rd. [cr # 415]
__________________
Don't spoil your woman only ruins her for the next guy
Lurking Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #195
VStromNC
DNS/DNF
 
VStromNC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Charlotte, N.C.
Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Dirty View Post
I will be heading down from NY on the 7th. I have hotel booked for 9th - 11th (a little treat to myself) and then I made a KOA reservation for the rest of the week but it looks like orange camp area is the place to stay if your camping. I think I will cancel the KOA and setup shop at the orange camp area on Monday. Does anyone have rides setup for the week of 3/12?
Knybanjo and I will be arriving to the Daytona Speedway infield camping probably late Friday, 03/09. We both have to depart back to Charlotte on Monday, 03/12. Drop on by as we are both riding V-Strom's- a Wee and a1K.
__________________
14 TR650 (Terra)
06 DL1000K6 (Vee)
VStromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014