User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
New F800GS products from Black Dog Cycle Works

Black Dog Cycle Works is pleased to announce our new product line for the BMW F800GS / F650GS twins. All of our products are proudly MADE IN THE U.S.A.(and not just "assembled" here) and continue our tradition of RUGGED products that do a lot more than just look good. Our products are the toughest in the business and will withstand a lot of abuse! Our products help get you home - they are NOT costume jewelry!!

First up is our extremely rugged Skid Plate. We have used our years of extensive experience building bomber skid plates for the KTM 950 & 990s as well as the R1200GS/A to develop another bulletproof skid plate. This skid plate features a unique steel sub-frame providing unparalleled strength. By attaching to the framework of the bike behind the engine, this skid plate will take a beating. Just ask Bret Tkacs of Puget Sound Safety (aka Ducpilot) who put our prototype through its paces. He thrashes his F800GS more than anyone I know!! These photos were taken on Crankcase Pass in Colorado - not many would dare to venture there on an F800!

Another unique feature of our skid plate is that it can be removed with two bolts. The rear sub-frame offers a "key slot" for the bushing on the skid plate to slide into. Secure the two front bolts and you are done, making maintenance a breeze. In addition, this is one of the few skid plates that is compatible with the FULL REMUS EXHAUST SYSTEM!!!

We expect these skid plates to be available by mid-March, 2012. You can pre-order yours here and you will not be charged until your order is shipped. (BTW - we recommend NOT using a debit card when purchasing online as your bank can tie up your funds for up to 30 days which is out of our control).

================================================== =====================================

Next up we have our new Multi-Function Rear Rack - this rack measures approximately 12" wide by 14" long and is an excellent way to add versatility to the F800GS / F650GS twins. We say "multi-function" because these racks are pre-drilled to accept the mount for the Rotopax 1 and 2 gallon fuel and water containers (sold separately). In addition, we have designed a "winch support plate" (sold separately) to provide a sturdy place to mount your XT17 / RT15 Warn electric winch. In Stock and Ready to ship.

Some riders chuckle at the thought of a winch on a motorcycle but I can attest that the first day I had one on my bike, I used it to recover an F650GS that had gone over the side of the cliff. If I did not have the winch, this recovery would have required a tow truck. Given that we were 40 miles from the pavement, the winch paid for itself the first day, not to mentioned it saved us a tremendous amount of time! 30 minutes later we were back on the road. Even with six burly guys (which we did not have), recovering the bike would have been next to impossible and exhausting to say the least!

The multi-function rear racks can be ordered here - in stock and ready to ship

Winch support plates for the F800GS / F650GS twins can be ordered here - in stock and ready to ship

More to come...

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!

KTMforget screwed with this post 02-24-2012 at 04:57 PM Reason: additional content
KTMforget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

more new products for the F800GS / F650GS from BDCW

We have also developed the following products for the F800GS / F650GS twins:

BDCW Adventure Footpegs - give yourself more COMFORT and CONTROL with these oversized footpegs. These pegs will simply amaze you with how much more control you have over the bike - whether you are sitting or standing. It is like adding power steering to your bike. Not to mention the additional comfort when standing up on those off-road excursions.

This footpeg will fit the following models: BMW R1200GS (all years), F800GS, F650GS twin, F650GS single

FEATURES:
• Machine finish
• Made from a very tough aircraft alloy
• Measures 2.5”wide x 4.25” long
• Weigh only 8 oz each
• Traction cleats around perimeter of peg
• Enlarged size greatly improves control of bike – like adding power steering!
• Greater comfort when standing
• Built in bottle opener on each peg
• MADE in the U.S.A.

We expect this product to be available late March, 2012. You can pre-order your set here. As always, your credit card will not be charged until your order has shipped.

SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE FOR A LIMITED TIME!!

================================================== =========================================

Exhaust guard - this eliminates that small, worthless plastic stock guard that often catches riders left pant leg (either burning their pants or causing a tip over). Made of aluminum and powder coated black, this part provides full protection of the exhaust pipe behind the footpeg. In stock and ready to ship

Click here to order

================================================== =======================================

Chain Guard - eliminate that flimsy plastic stocker and install this burly aluminum chain guard from BDCW. Powder coated in our signature silver vein finish - sure to stand up to tons of ABUSE. Easy to install.

We expect to have these available the first week in March. Pre-orders yours now. Your credit card will not be charged until your order is shipped.

================================================== =======================================

Rear brake cylinder guard - This innovative guard replaces the stock plastic "guard" that typically break off even with light use. This unit protects the rear brake master cylinder, the frame on the right side as well as provides a relocation of the rear brake reservoir so that it is tucked inside the frame instead of flapping out in the wind like the stock location. No disassembly of the fluid reservoir is required. Available now and ready to ship.

NOTE: Production version will be powder coated BLACK - not the silver vein finish as shown in the photo.

All of our products are proudly MADE in the U.S.A.

If you have any questions about these products, please don't hesitate to ask. You can reach us at 208-263-0438.

Thanks for your continued support
Kurt

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!

KTMforget screwed with this post 02-24-2012 at 02:24 PM Reason: typos
Old 02-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
so can you explain how the bashplate can be removed in just two bolts?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
so can you explain how the bashplate can be removed in just two bolts?
I am working on putting a video together that will show to install and remove the skid plate. Bear with me a couple days.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMforget View Post
I am working on putting a video together that will show to install and remove the skid plate. Bear with me a couple days.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hopefully this clarifies how our new skid plate for the F800GS / F650GS installs:

Old 02-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Dykkeren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
I have to ask !

Since you say it proudly made in U.S.A., why do you have to import beer ? Is the U.S.A. beer not good enough ?
Dykkeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 634
You had me at "Built in bottle opener on each peg"
Old 02-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykkeren View Post
Since you say it proudly made in U.S.A., why do you have to import beer ? Is the U.S.A. beer not good enough ?
There are MANY excellent beers made in the U.S.A. that I enjoy often! Someone must have left that one here...

Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
BrassAss
Lost, but not forgotten

Oddometer: 183
Great Video! and Plate

Nice video Kurt.... I couldn't have done it better myself. The plate looks perfect for the F800 and good protection coverage.
www.backcoutrydiscoveryroutes.com
www.butlermotorcyclemaps.com
BrassAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #12
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Foot pegs questions

- Are the pegs a direct bolt on?

- Do we have the option of ordering them powder coated black?

- Does the left peg clear the side stand spring when it forlds in?

Thanks
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassAss View Post
Nice video Kurt.... I couldn't have done it better myself. The plate looks perfect for the F800 and good protection coverage.
You are TOO kind and WAY more talented at this stuff than I am. Thanks for the encouragement though.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #14
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro618 View Post
- Are the pegs a direct bolt on?

- Do we have the option of ordering them powder coated black?

- Does the left peg clear the side stand spring when it forlds in?

Thanks
Thanks for your interest in our footpegs.

Yes, they are a direct bolt on.

This is not something you would want to powder coat as it would decrease the traction on the pegs and would get chipped up from rocks over time.

Yes, the left peg will have the proper clearance.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
Kurt

Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #15
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Foot pegs

Quote:
Thanks for your interest in our footpegs.

Yes, they are a direct bolt on.

This is not something you would want to powder coat as it would decrease the traction on the pegs and would get chipped up from rocks over time.

Yes, the left peg will have the proper clearance.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
Kurt
Thank you, Kurt.

Placed a pre-order today.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote