Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #46
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabc View Post
I just ordered these lights like 3-4 days ago. They were waiting on my porch when I got home from work today! I gave them a bench test, and WOW, are they bright. Compared to the PIAA's on the bike now, they are at least as bright, but the voltage drop across them is less (from a 12V source), hence, less current draw. The BMW F650GS single doesn't have much in the way of extra current to play with, that's why I got these. Now I can run my heated vest and heated gloves AND the lights.

Thanks MondoMotos!

Cheers,

Bill
2001 BMW F650GS
Many thanks for the positive feedback.

Im looking forward to seeing them mounted on the F650

Thanks,
-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #47
alfabc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Brain,

I sent pictures to your email address. It was a very clean and easy install. They look good and work GREAT.

Cheers,

Bill
2001 BMW F650GS
alfabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #48
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Some pics I recieved from alfabc (no photo account) of the MM12AUX lights mounted on his F650GS.

Bill installed these in place of PIAA lights using an existing mount and wiring setup.

Thanks Bill

The MM12AUX lights can be ordered as a pair or pre-wired with our waterproof fused harness, connectors and choice of switches.

The 5' harness is hand built and tested by us, and made specifically for motorbikes.

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 02-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #49
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,354
Update to my earlier post. Here are the lights mounted on the CNC turn signal mounts that I got from an ADVrider group buy/ build, sheparded by YBViking. I think the group buy for these bars was a one time buy from another guy who had some access to a CNC machine. Anyway, I bolted them on, haven't wired them up yet. My next project is to install a fuse box, so I can run power to the lights and a few other accessories up front. It's a slooooow process in my world.

Here ya go, boys.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #50
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeister View Post
Update to my earlier post. Here are the lights mounted on the CNC turn signal mounts that I got from an ADVrider group buy/ build, sheparded by YBViking. I think the group buy for these bars was a one time buy from another guy who had some access to a CNC machine. Anyway, I bolted them on, haven't wired them up yet. My next project is to install a fuse box, so I can run power to the lights and a few other accessories up front. It's a slooooow process in my world.
Munchmeister, thanks for following up.

Looks great

Makes me miss my GS

If you have any questions about the hook up, send me a msg or give me a call.

thanks,
-Brian
Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #51
Borrego
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
what is piaa mounting bracket? Could not find it on your site.
Borrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #52
81twins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Thanks for the great service!

My order was sent just when you ran out of stock of the driving lights. I certainly appreciated your keeping in touch to advise when the lights you had would arrive and the estimated time for the others to arrive. Have not mounted anything yet but have bench tested them to show them off to some other riders. Great light... stout units... good value. I had been looking for some good low draw daylight running lights and driving lights for the old airheads for some time and these will be great. thanks again!
81twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #53
slashfive
moto celeritas

Oddometer: 356
upcoming discounts?

any plans for any other discounts on the mm12?
appears to be just what i was looking for, and my next request is can i get just one?

hold on…im sure i can come up with more questions..

oh yes, can i get a multi position switch so i can independantly control the aux light and main headlight?

slashfive screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 12:53 PM
slashfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #54
DigDig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Hi
Well, I ordered on Sunday and got them today (Wed), so fast shipping. Quality of all the parts seems excellent, and the light output seems great (especially compared to the headlight). Not going outside with it tonight as we are having a snow storm.
I mounted them to the fairing crash bars on a BMW G650GS using PIAA L bracket clamps. They seem to be tucked in pretty well and are clear of the fender. I am very happy with them and will post once I have them out on the road. Great product at a great price. The switch is mounted in the hand guard bracket.
Thanks Toad,
Steve

“It was a woman who drove me to drink, but I never wrote to thank her.” W.C. Fields
DigDig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #55
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego View Post
what is piaa mounting bracket? Could not find it on your site.
We are temporarily sold out of the PIAA Mounting Bracket.

We should have more of them in by mid March.

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #56
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81twins View Post
My order was sent just when you ran out of stock of the driving lights. I certainly appreciated your keeping in touch to advise when the lights you had would arrive and the estimated time for the others to arrive. Have not mounted anything yet but have bench tested them to show them off to some other riders. Great light... stout units... good value. I had been looking for some good low draw daylight running lights and driving lights for the old airheads for some time and these will be great. thanks again!
Thanks for your business and the positive feedback.

Post up some pics once you get things mounted and wired up.

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #57
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashfive View Post
any plans for any other discounts on the mm12?
appears to be just what i was looking for, and my next request is can i get just one?

hold on…im sure i can come up with more questions..

oh yes, can i get a multi position switch so i can independantly control the aux light and main headlight?
No plans at the moment for another sale.

We did have the option for purchasing 1 light, but due to lack of interest we discontiuned that.

I think what you are looking for is a switch to select either the headlight or the AUX lights ???? is that correct ???

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #58
slashfive
moto celeritas

Oddometer: 356
I currently have an aux light wired up to run with the parking lamp and an off switch for the main light.
Would like the option of having all 3 independent if possible, but I dont mind the existing set up and think your light would be a nice addition to the lethargic aux light currently on the bike.

Feel free to pm if you dont want to clutter the thread or i can email/call directly.

Thanks for the reply!
slashfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #59
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigDig View Post
Hi
Well, I ordered on Sunday and got them today (Wed), so fast shipping. Quality of all the parts seems excellent, and the light output seems great (especially compared to the headlight). Not going outside with it tonight as we are having a snow storm.
I mounted them to the fairing crash bars on a BMW G650GS using PIAA L bracket clamps. They seem to be tucked in pretty well and are clear of the fender. I am very happy with them and will post once I have them out on the road. Great product at a great price. The switch is mounted in the hand guard bracket.
Thanks Toad,
Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the great feedback.

Looks like you wasted no time getting the lights installed.

I like where you mounted the switch and will have to keep that in mind.

Let me know how they work out for you on the road.

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 03-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #60
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

this just in ...

Living in the Detroit area does have some advantages, the weather and elevation changes aren’t on this list.

But proximity to the auto industry is and with that said...

A local rider/customer is an engineer at one of the Big 3 and has offered to measure the effective light produced (Lumens) of our MM12AUX lights.

He will be putting in some overtime this weekend doing some “official” testing and will be “un-officialy” (not sure that is a word?) bench testing our light when the opportunity presents itself.

The MM12Aux lights use the Epistar LED and we have conservatively rated the units @ 900-1000 Lumens (comparable to a quality 35W H3 halogen bulb.)

While the LED manufacturer states each 3watt unit is rated at 300 – 510 Lumens and there are 4 units per, math tells us that:

4 LED’s X (300 – 510lm) = 1200 – 2040 lumens per light (that’s a pretty wide spread).

We are patiently awaiting the results and will post them up as soon as we have them .

Thanks,
-Brian

The Toad screwed with this post 06-20-2012 at 06:14 PM