Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #16
twistedkeys OP
Utahrd

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer View Post
Many years ago I purchased a dirt bike with no title. In those days that was the norm for dirt bikes. I found out where it was purchased new and went to the dealer with my bill of sale. He looked up in his file when the bike was purchased, pulled out the certificate of origin and gave it to me all filled out for me . I took it to the DMV and got the title and licensed it for the street with no problems. If I were you I would go to where you got it and demand that they give you the certificate of origin. Im sure they still have it on file if the bike is only 5 or 6 years old.
Well, they did go out of business, and the "store" was in Texas. Their website points to a 1 page parts web site with no help... For all i know the title was never created, shipped in from China, sold, got the money and run.

CR250
- Sold
KE100 - Sold
twistedkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #17
twistedkeys OP
Utahrd

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by B02S4 View Post
How did you manage to ride a scooter for 5 years that you bought in 2008 ...
http://www.wists.com/thumbnails/b/1b...021070a44-orig

The crystals were as much at the bike at the time, but they're not worth much anymore due to the economy.

CR250
- Sold
KE100 - Sold
twistedkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #18
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by B02S4 View Post
How did you manage to ride a scooter for 5 years that you bought in 2008 ...
If he purchased the 08 in 07 as an early release model, it's entirely possible if you're just using the yr purchased as a counting point and not being literal.
07-08-09-10-11-12 = 5 yrs.

Put your butt plug back in so you don't have to keep clenching and wasting energy.(as in too anal retentive!)
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #19
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
This is a lot of work but have a machinist with a CNC machine mill off the displacement of your scooter's engine and redo it so it says "39cc". If you keep your speed down around town no cop will ever question it when you show it to him.

We put a couple of those "Kikker 5150" Honda clone powered choppers on the street sans plates and we did just that, turning our 110cc motors magically into 49cc to kinda-sorta meet Indiana's motorized bicycle law that didn't allow manual transmissions. My buddy got stopped on his, said it was automatic (showing the officer how it went forward when he turned the throttle, not requiring any shift or clutch work) and managed to get away with it.

Even more work would be to sleeve the cylinder down, find a suitable piston and install it, again marking the cylinder with whatever displacement the new smaller piston makes it. This makes you perfectly legal and might even be a potential business for you converting 49cc scooters into legal 39cc units. Don't count on getting rich doing this.
And you just admitted that on the internet?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
mrnoitall
Banned

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise2 View Post
Speculating you did NOT make a worthwhile effort to research Utah laws so you could claim ignorance if stopped . . and probably thought any related laws should not apply to you anyway (because it was just your toy).
Nice comment! With speculators like you who needs enemies. Way to go!
mrnoitall is offline   Reply With Quote