Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #14896
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple! View Post
That's unbelievable,knowing that with the big-bore kit + racing cams + PC on a 360°engine German tuners attempt +/- 80hp...
Raisch in Germany did a lot of testing on the Arrows for Scrambler,Bonneville and Thruxton on the stock engine with only mapping/jetting changes. Due to the poor results compared to the TOR's and NH,he decided to sell the Arrows only when a customer asks for...
Don't forget about the weight issue.... I removed 12 kg from the bike using a arrow system, my map shows a increase of 8 hp, true or not I don't care the bike is handling great. But if you want a lot of power buy a Speed triple :-)

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #14897
gk ryder
is this thing on?

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear View Post

Further to my earlier post, I spent today converting the bike back for road use so am looking forward to a Sunday ride on it tomorrow! I will post some pics soon. Grizz
Welcome back Griz.

Of course to authentically recapture that feeling you will want the original engine and I can help you with a swap.

Hey just think about will ya before answering so quick. jeez.... you try to help a guy.....
gk ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #14898
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk ryder View Post
Welcome back Griz.

Of course to authentically recapture that feeling you will want the original engine and I can help you with a swap.

Hey just think about will ya before answering so quick. jeez.... you try to help a guy.....

I like the way you think.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #14899
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,890
Griz, you need to get some TKC's back on your bike.
...so you can roast some people with knobbies.

Can't wait to see it in street trim again.
And thanks on documenting your build-up. A fine build up it is.
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #14900
Joe883
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Going to try the hitch idea here.

I just bought a 2006 Triumph Scrambler, and a Hobie Mirage series tandam Kayak, the Outfitter on a Trailex aluminum trailer.

I need a trailer hitch, Does anyone in the world besides the company in Australia make one? That company is out of stock and lost another fabricator to the mines. No joke thats what I was told. Or does anyone have pics of a scrambler with a hitch on it? I need some ideas to either copy and fabricate, or buy one ready made. Thank's Y'all

Joe
Joe883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #14901
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe883 View Post
I just bought a 2006 Triumph Scrambler, and a Hobie Mirage series tandam Kayak, the Outfitter on a Trailex aluminum trailer.

I need a trailer hitch, Does anyone in the world besides the company in Australia make one? That company is out of stock and lost another fabricator to the mines. No joke thats what I was told. Or does anyone have pics of a scrambler with a hitch on it? I need some ideas to either copy and fabricate, or buy one ready made. Thank's Y'all

Joe
Yep Joe, it's no joke! Outback Queensland is in the midst of a resources boom and the general deal is you work 14 or 21 12hour days solid and have two weeks off. In the mines pay can range from 2k per week to 3k plus per week if you hold a trade certificate so lots of guys leave their families and head for the big dollars!
Steve from Classic Industries has his factory just down the road from me so if you want I can twist his arm for you. Let me know if you are fair dinkum and I will phone him and put some pressure on for a 'mate in the States'. Grizz

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #14902
Joe883
Adventurer

Damn Grizz, sign me up. I'll go work in the mines for that kind of money. by the way, what are they mining for?
Grizz I would appreciate the help with Steve. I would not push but this is very important. Daughter and I already have kayak adventures planned for April, and I do not want to buy a car.

Thanks
Joe
Joe883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #14903
davidpweis
Daydream Believer

Works shocks came in, Just ordered the Racetech front springs / emulators. Can I get some sort of preload adjustor? like ont he thruxton or do I need it?

Now, If I can only get a fracking VIN # and then my bike, I can then tell my wife. She's starting to wonder what all these MC parts around are.

:-)
davidpweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #14904
Motoblag
Replacing skill with will

Oddometer: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpweis View Post
Works shocks came in, Just ordered the Racetech front springs / emulators. Can I get some sort of preload adjustor? like ont he thruxton or do I need it?

Now, If I can only get a fracking VIN # and then my bike, I can then tell my wife. She's starting to wonder what all these MC parts around are.

:-)
Good setup, I have the same front/rear.

I believe the Thruxton preload caps are a direct swap, so you can either find some used or just buy some new ones.
Motoblag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #14905
Milko
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear View Post
..... so I'm thinking of turning my beloved Scram back into a road bike.
Grizz I have really enjoyed following the adventures on trail, road and track of your bike here and in ARR. shows what a versatile bike the Scram can be with the knowhow behind it...looking forward to the next incarnation.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #14906
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milko View Post
Grizz I have really enjoyed following the adventures on trail, road and track of your bike here and in ARR. shows what a versatile bike the Scram can be with the knowhow behind it...looking forward to the next incarnation.
Here is the Scram as it was last weekend although I am fitting the twin clocks up at the moment. The second pic is the new 675R at Queensland raceway which is the reason the Scram has been "retired" from the track. I plan to do an outback ride on the Scrambler sometime soon so will convert it back to its original look for this.

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #14907
JAWS134
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Scrambler or T100

Hi All,

I am debating on either a Scrambler or a T100. I love the look of the Scram but am concerned that the pipes may get uncomfortable in traffic. Has anyone ridden in traffic and had the heat bother them. I dont mind some heat, its a bike. I just dont want to feel like Im burrning up. I have been through a few bikes in the past few years, Harley, Tiger 1050, and a few Vstroms. I just want to get some opinions before I make the decision. Ill tell you that Im lusting bad over the Scrambler. One of the dealers has a Demo 2010 with 1000 miles for a decent price and Im about to jump all over it. I have become minimalistic. I think as its been said before, the Scrambler is less but more!!

I commute 75 miles a day on the Slab. But I also ride the weekends on the back roads.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
JAWS134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #14908
Sean Smith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
scrambler vs T100

Go with the Scrambler. mine is a blast and no heat yet. I have only had it two weeks.
Get the Black one!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #14909
JAWS134
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Thats the plan the matte black 2012.
JAWS134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #14910
utah1
Big Love

Oddometer: 199
Hot nuts

Find any other motorcycle with a low pipe and then slide down to a point were said pipe is right between your legs and you will get the idea of riding a Scrambler. In reality at speed you won't notice the heat, at stoplights or/or stop and go it might get warm. That to me is a small price to pay for riding such a outstanding bike. When i was looking for my next bike I was all set to get a Bonneville and then I test drove a Scrambler and the decision was made. Good luck with your search!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS134 View Post
Hi All,

I am debating on either a Scrambler or a T100. I love the look of the Scram but am concerned that the pipes may get uncomfortable in traffic. Has anyone ridden in traffic and had the heat bother them. I dont mind some heat, its a bike. I just dont want to feel like Im burrning up. I have been through a few bikes in the past few years, Harley, Tiger 1050, and a few Vstroms. I just want to get some opinions before I make the decision. Ill tell you that Im lusting bad over the Scrambler. One of the dealers has a Demo 2010 with 1000 miles for a decent price and Im about to jump all over it. I have become minimalistic. I think as its been said before, the Scrambler is less but more!!

I commute 75 miles a day on the Slab. But I also ride the weekends on the back roads.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
utah1 is offline   Reply With Quote