Honda XR650L Stator

Let me know if you have any questions.
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #17
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,330
My wife has a 2009 DR200SE.

She wants some heated gear, but the stock juice output is just enough for the bike & lights.
Is this some kind of universal stator ?
http://racetechelectric.com/i-815552...se-stator.html

I know very little about what I might need, and there is little aftermarket for this bike.
Can you re-wrap the stock one for say.....20% more output?
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
My wife has a 2009 DR200SE.

She wants some heated gear, but the stock juice output is just enough for the bike & lights.
Is this some kind of universal stator ?

I know very little about what I might need, and there is little aftermarket for this bike.
Can you re-wrap the stock one for say.....20% more output?
Hmm, I took a look at a DR200SE stator on ebay. Theres a listing right now with good pictures of one. I might have a stator that will fit that bike. I don't currently have a stator listed specifically for it, but I might have a core that is the same size.
Can you take it out and take some measurements for me, and I can see what I can make fit?

Evan
Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
b3h
ol dog on a stray

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingfastsd View Post
Now that I can help with.

Honda XR650L Stator

Let me know if you have any questions.

According to the manual the oem stator puts out 188 w at 5k rpm. RT specs say an additional 20% on average is provided accross the rpm range. Does this mean that the RT stator puts out around 225 accross the rpm range on average or am I figuring it wrong? The reason I ask is because most of the problems running accessories and charging at the same time seem to be at low rpm. Any idea what the RT puts out at idle to say 1 or 2k? If there is a curve maybe you have a pretty color picture that can be shared?
b3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #20
duckrogers666
Formerly Flying Cow

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3h View Post
according to the manual the oem stator puts out 188 w at 5k rpm. Rt specs say an additional 20% on average is provided accross the rpm range. Does this mean that the rt stator puts out around 225 accross the rpm range on average or am i figuring it wrong? The reason i ask is because most of the problems running accessories and charging at the same time seem to be at low rpm. Any idea what the rt puts out at idle to say 1 or 2k? If there is a curve maybe you have a pretty color picture that can be shared?
+1

"...listen mister, you better not forget what you don't know!" ex-girlfriend
duckrogers666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #21
Flyred
Who is John Galt?

Oddometer: 681
I'm hoping to improve the stock 225w output of a 2012 KTM 690 to run heated gear and better lights. What can you do for me?
Flyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #22
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3h View Post
According to the manual the oem stator puts out 188 w at 5k rpm. RT specs say an additional 20% on average is provided accross the rpm range. Does this mean that the RT stator puts out around 225 accross the rpm range on average or am I figuring it wrong? The reason I ask is because most of the problems running accessories and charging at the same time seem to be at low rpm. Any idea what the RT puts out at idle to say 1 or 2k? If there is a curve maybe you have a pretty color picture that can be shared?
That is an average number, and our generic description of 3-phase stators while I write specific descriptions for all of our parts. That stator is a generic fit 3-phase that has multiple fitments, so 20% is our average expected increase over the stock stators it replaces. I do have an XR flywheel that is the right diameter at the shop. I will spin up a G090 stator on my test rig and give you guys an output vs. RPM chart.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #23
duckrogers666
Formerly Flying Cow

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingfastsd View Post
That is an average number, and our generic description of 3-phase stators while I write specific descriptions for all of our parts. That stator is a generic fit 3-phase that has multiple fitments, so 20% is our average expected increase over the stock stators it replaces. I do have an XR flywheel that is the right diameter at the shop. I will spin up a G090 stator on my test rig and give you guys an output vs. RPM chart.
Thanks! Much appreciated! I look forward to seeing the numbers.

"...listen mister, you better not forget what you don't know!" ex-girlfriend
duckrogers666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #24
FlyingPig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Do you have something that would be a direct bolt-in upgrade for a Suzuki V-Strom?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #25
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,607
Dr650?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPig View Post
Do you have something that would be a direct bolt-in upgrade for a Suzuki V-Strom?
I'm sorry FlyingPig, nothing for the V-Strom at the moment. We will build these late this year, or early next.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #27
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Dr650?
I currently have an OEM DR650 stator, we are in progress on prototyping right now. We should have one late this year.
Thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #28
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

G090 XR650L Stator Output

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay. For everybody who was interested in the power output numbers of the G090 stator. This is for the Honda XR650L models. I spun one up on the test rig using a ZX-9R flywheel. So these numbers probably aren't 100% exact for an XR650L, but will be reasonable. (Keep in mind this is a multi-fitment stator).

This stator does a maximum of 260W. This is calculated by producing a maximum of 20Amps at a selected 13VDC (keeping the battery charge maintained while still sourcing current for loads).

You can see this stator at:
Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #29
subybaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,889
Hey, Evan. I'm hoping for a little info on the KLR650 280w stator.

I corresponded with Trent Kirby at Electrosport a while back, and the 400w had been discontinued due to failures. The 280 was still for sale, along with a recommended regulator upgrade.

The 400s left such a bad taste that most folks on the KLR boards have a "Don't do it!" kneejerk reaction to any stator upgrade.

How reliable is your 280, and does it need an upgraded regulator? I look forward to having a solid part to recommend!

Do you have a graph like above for the KLR?

Thanks, and good luck with the business!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #30
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
Hey, Evan. I'm hoping for a little info on the KLR650 280w stator.

I corresponded with Trent Kirby at Electrosport a while back, and the 400w had been discontinued due to failures. The 280 was still for sale, along with a recommended regulator upgrade.

The 400s left such a bad taste that most folks on the KLR boards have a "Don't do it!" kneejerk reaction to any stator upgrade.

How reliable is your 280, and does it need an upgraded regulator? I look forward to having a solid part to recommend!

Do you have a graph like above for the KLR?

Thanks, and good luck with the business!
Hey Suby,
Thanks for the msg. I'm well aware of the stigma from the "400W" KLR stator. I'm fighting it every day trying to get KLR guys to realize, we're NOT Electrosport, and we make high quality parts, not junk! Which is really too bad, because our 286W stator is a very nice, easy and useful upgrade on the KLR's, and is very reliable.

I have not a had a single failure whatsoever on my 280W KLR stators. I do recommend replacing the regulator for longtime reliability, as the h/o stator can be a little stressful long term on the stock r/r. I have plenty of stators right now, but am currently out of stock on the regulators (we're in production on them as we speak though). As soon as I have them on the shelf I will make a kit for stator & regulator at a discount. Plenty of stators available though!

I do have a graph for the KLR stator output: