Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 06:02 AM   #91
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
I installed a Kouba link 1.5" on the 610 as well as a Seat Concepts saddle. It was still pretty lofty. I'm 5'11" and a 32" inseam.
The WR is about the same. I'd definitely get a Yamalink for that one and a shaved seat.
Huh...5'8" with 30" inseam (on a good day). No kouba links (they make the bike handle like crap anyways) or shaved seats here. I also find my 610 to be an exceptional dirt bike with plenty of power...my buddy on his 950A can't even keep my tail light in sight in the dirt, but I admit I can't keep up on the road if he opens it up.

Just sayin
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #92
jxg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
i have the 1" koubalink on my 2010 te250, and to be honest, noticed no difference in handling (but I do ride mostly slower single track, so maybe thats why)...
Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #93
3girlsdad
aka FiddyK

Oddometer: 356
Eh? 07 te250

what carb comes stock on a 2007 TE250? and where is the best place to get a rebuild kit for that carb? i don't recall the make, but i had snapped a pic and enlarged it, and the letters/numbers on one side are MX37BATE25 i believe. this is for a buddy's bike. i've asked him to check the make but he hasn't done it yet. a google search on MX37BATE25 turns up ZERO. not sure i've seen that before! many thanks in advance.
2008 Honda XR650L - (gone)
3girlsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #94
Matticus91
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Hey man I wouldn't normally respond to this since I'm not too familiar with that bike. But since no one else has responded I'll try and help out. I'd try calling Husqvarna's customer service or tech support. Alternatively, a search for a parts catalog or build sheet may also give you what you need. Hope this helps!

2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Matticus91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #95
Matticus91
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Did some googling...

http://www.bikebandit.com/2007-husqv...7?mg=11910&t=1

Here you go...this looks the most promising.

http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-Home.htm#Motor

2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Matticus91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #96
Wladziu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Taking my 310 on the TAT in a month or two.
Ocean to ocean, and back. Highway for the return leg.

Follow along here:
http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/adv...ginning.22180/
Wladziu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #97
Slimie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
Question

After more than a year of riding my bike I discovered something new, woohoo!

Turns out that the standard exhaust has a dB killer that I'd never noticed. So not noticed in fact that I bought a (second hand, mind) Arrow end pipe cos the original was rather choking the bike, or so I felt.

My bike, a 2008 TE250, was the importers demo model and so has the exhaust sensor removed and plugged and runs beautifully with the "fruity" sounding pipe in place. My question is... does the collective think that I'd achieve the same results with the standard exhaust sans insert?

I plan on replacing the Arrow as it weighs a lot less than the Husqvarna version, but I'm curious.

With thanks

-Simon
Slimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #98
TaterHarry
Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimie View Post
My question is... does the collective think that I'd achieve the same results with the standard exhaust sans insert?

-Simon
If you pull the dB killer (insert) out you will have essentially a straight pipe, assuming the cat has already been removed. It will definitely breathe easier, but it will be loud as heck. The Arrow will probably be the same, but with a little weight loss; the stock Husky pipe (also made by Arrow I believe) has a stainless steel inner shell in addition to the aluminum shell; most folks believe the purpose is add some heat protection since there is a hot catalytic converter nearby (until you remove it anyway), but it does add some weight.

I had the same issue with the dB killer on my 2010 muffler (choking), but couldn't stand the noise with the insert removed. I ended up buying a FMF Q4 and am much happier with the tone, which isn't as sharp on the ears, and don't feel any performance loss. Very glad I went that way. The stock and Arrow race mufflers are too loud for trail work IMO.

(edit) - If anyone wants my dB killer or and/or stock muffler (2010 Arrow), PM me

TaterHarry screwed with this post 01-27-2012 at 10:28 AM
TaterHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #99
Slimie
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=MontyCarlo;17846687

I had the same issue with the dB killer on my 2010 muffler (choking), but couldn't stand the noise with the insert removed. I ended up buying a FMF Q4 and am much happier with the tone, which isn't as sharp on the ears, and don't feel any performance loss. Very glad I went that way. The stock and Arrow race mufflers are too loud for trail work IMO.

(edit) - If anyone wants my dB killer or and/or stock muffler (2010 Arrow), PM me [/QUOTE]

Yep! With the insert removed it's noisier than the Arrow "race" pipe, and heavier so the aluminium Arrow's going back on in the morning.

Cheers
-Simon
Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #100
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
...a stainless steel inner shell in addition to the aluminum shell; most folks believe the purpose is add some heat protection since there is a hot catalytic converter nearby (until you remove it anyway), but it does add some weight. ...
Ahhh, that explains it. Touching the muffler and not getting burned was a pleasant surprise.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #101
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,077
So I'm fixin to buy myself a TE2-450. IOW a TE250 with an addl 450 engine and bits.

Problem is... neither engine is currently running.

05/06 IIRC on the model year.

I'll know more Wed/Thurs

M
Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #102
boardrider247
Weekend Anarchist

Oddometer: 606
I love my 06. Put together a 05 TC and a blown up 06 TE to build it.
I've even been able to get it out the last couple sundays. Cant wait for tomorrow.
boardrider247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #103
jonnykilo
Traveller

Oddometer: 205
Tc250 (300)

Gents, I am learning to ride dirt and sand and singletrack and want someting more forgiving than a 300 XCW (for instance). I have a 690e, and an old /5, so I only need this bike to do trails & woods here at home, and sand in Nevada on a late March trip - doesn't need to be legal. To that end, is a 2008 TC250 (now 300 with the kit installed), with about 100hrs total a good bike for this endeaouver? The price seems right, even after planning on the outlay to add a bigger tank, light and a scotts. What are the major differences between TC and TE for the 2008 vintage? Would a TXC 250 (310 with kit in, and lmost liscence'able) be a better bet, or different at all?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

jak
jonnykilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #104
TaterHarry
Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnykilo View Post
Gents, I am learning to ride dirt and sand and singletrack and want someting more forgiving than a 300 XCW (for instance). I have a 690e, and an old /5, so I only need this bike to do trails & woods here at home, and sand in Nevada on a late March trip - doesn't need to be legal. To that end, is a 2008 TC250 (now 300 with the kit installed), with about 100hrs total a good bike for this endeaouver? The price seems right, even after planning on the outlay to add a bigger tank, light and a scotts. What are the major differences between TC and TE for the 2008 vintage? Would a TXC 250 (310 with kit in, and lmost liscence'able) be a better bet, or different at all?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

jak

The TC is tuned for motocross work, the motor will hit harder and be less forgiving than than the TE/TXC models. Also the suspension is tuned more towards jumps and racing than trail work, so you might find it a little harsh without some suspension work. Depending on the state, you may or may not be able to plate a TC bike. But if the price is right...

Also the TC has a carb while the TE/TXCs are fuel injected. That seems to be a matter of personal preference, but personally I am done with carbs, and I like being able to "rejet" on the fly with a fuel controller.
TaterHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #105
Slimie
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
The TC is tuned for motocross work, the motor will hit harder and be less forgiving than than the TE/TXC models. Also the suspension is tuned more towards jumps and racing than trail work, so you might find it a little harsh without some suspension work. Depending on the state, you may or may not be able to plate a TC bike. But if the price is right...

Also the TC has a carb while the TE/TXCs are fuel injected. That seems to be a matter of personal preference, but personally I am done with carbs, and I like being able to "rejet" on the fly with a fuel controller.
Isn't the loom different, too? Might make it more difficult to add lights or I could be talking rubbish.

-Simon