Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #91
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjoernTheH View Post
looking forward to a beer or so before I go on a trip (want to join? we are already a group of 5. 18 of March to 01 of April aprox)
cheers
Bernhard
Sounds like a great ride and thanks for the offer to join you but I'll be day-tripping from Pucon third week of March. Then on weekend 24/25 March I'll be in Talca for the Chilean round of the Maxxis World Enduro Championships.

http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/enduro/events/

Terrible news about loosing Mika Ahola. I didn't know until I read the FIM page just now. His record will be difficult to surpass, if not impossible. Dakar-type rallying is quite something to behold, but World Class enduro riding is also something extremely special, and not to be missed! The privilage of watching these special people give every ounce of effort over natural terrain is the top motorcycle sport for me!

Cheers B!
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #92
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Hey Geoff,

I can see you have US licence plates on your bike, how are you going to do that if you r leaving and coming back the next time? I thought in Chile that is not possible. would be interesting to hear how you solved that.
l
Bernhard
Bernhard,

I shipped Geoff bike from the U.S. in one of our containers along with 3 other bikes.
There is something that we in the U.S. work it out and not disclosing details.
Yes , Geoff is riding American tag and fully owner of his 250cc. He can take the bike anywhere in the world , including his own country or island.and the U.S.
Now, as long the bike leave Chile within the time given in the temporary admission, you are able to leave as you please and come back. Actually Chile is not too worried about exporting the bike beyond the time given.
Also, we can import bikes to Chile with temporary admission without the owner being in Chile.
And for all you people selling bikes in Punta Arenas, have in mind that interpol keep the bikes for a couple of weeks before the new local owner jump on the purchased bike.
To me , selling bikes in Port free zones such Punta Arenas, would make in the long run customs worried and stopping such avalanche with tougher law. I see a bond coming in the near future.

US SHIPPING Now open: JUNE-JULY 2014 Share Container CHILE to MIAMI or HOUSTON
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582 www.samericaxplorer.net
GastonUSAChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #93
Acampao
WInd Jammer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile View Post
Bernhard,

To me , selling bikes in Port free zones such Punta Arenas, would make in the long run customs worried and stopping such avalanche with tougher law. I see a bond coming in the near future.
No reason to worry. Bikes ridden into PA and sold here represent a tiny fraction of the total used vehicles imported. It's not a loop in the system but part of it. Only drawback I see is that there is a relatively small market for used bikes in a 150k people town.
 All that matters is timing.
Acampao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:47 AM   #94
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Oddometer: 115
Hey Gaston,
true, but in the End Goeff's bike has to leave the country every 90 days as I understand.
I had friends bringing their bikes and getting over the 90 days - paying fines and having to do loads of paperwork to be able to take it out again. I had that same question of people who wanted to leave their (not chilean) bikes during winter here and go on riding 6 month later to enjoy the next leg of their journey. I made the same question to aduana.cl and they say clearly its limited to 90 days. if you go over it, they can find the bike, put into an aduana impound and put it under the hammer after a view month. - I have never heard about it happening, but that’s what the law says and what I am concerned about. Is there a way that you bring a bike with no licence plate and do the Chilean homologation to get it Chilean plates and make it totally street legal in here? (if you want you can PM me in Spanish or English, would be interested)
Cheers
B.

Quote:
Bernhard,

I shipped Geoff bike from the U.S. in one of our containers along with 3 other bikes.
There is something that we in the U.S. work it out and not disclosing details.
Yes , Geoff is riding American tag and fully owner of his 250cc. He can take the bike anywhere in the world , including his own country or island.and the U.S.
Now, as long the bike leave Chile within the time given in the temporary admission, you are able to leave as you please and come back. Actually Chile is not too worried about exporting the bike beyond the time given.
Also, we can import bikes to Chile with temporary admission without the owner being in Chile.
And for all you people selling bikes in Punta Arenas, have in mind that interpol keep the bikes for a couple of weeks before the new local owner jump on the purchased bike.

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272
BjoernTheH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #95
Acampao
WInd Jammer

Quote:
Is there a way that you bring a bike with no licence plate and do the Chilean homologation to get it Chilean plates and make it totally street legal in here? (if you want you can PM me in Spanish or English, would be interested)
Cheers
B.
No, you cannot. Used vehicles are not allowed to be permanently imported into Chile (except for the two Zona Franca areas as you may have heard).
Old 03-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #96
Dan Man
ex-adventurer

Oddometer: 429
So I've sold my bike in PA today, got a new paper at Aduana saying I did so. Do I need anything else at the border whe leaving? Do I even show it?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #97
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey Gaston,
true, but in the End Goeff's bike has to leave the country every 90 days as I understand.
I had friends bringing their bikes and getting over the 90 days - paying fines and having to do loads of paperwork to be able to take it out again. I had that same question of people who wanted to leave their (not chilean) bikes during winter here and go on riding 6 month later to enjoy the next leg of their journey. I made the same question to aduana.cl and they say clearly its limited to 90 days. if you go over it, they can find the bike, put into an aduana impound and put it under the hammer after a view month. - I have never heard about it happening, but that’s what the law says and what I am concerned about. Is there a way that you bring a bike with no licence plate and do the Chilean homologation to get it Chilean plates and make it totally street legal in here? (if you want you can PM me in Spanish or English, would be interested)
Cheers
B.
Bjoern,

Comments:

1. Chile allow 180 days total 90+90 , requesting a extension after 90 days. I;ll call the director of Aduanas (OIRS) tomorrow and I will confirm this law.
After 180 days , any tourist must leave the country and could comeback after 6 month.

Confirmed per Aduanas Chile: Chile gives 180 days max. Before the first 90 days you must request an extension, not after expiration or you don't get another 90s.

2. Everybody knows that used bikes are not permitted for import in Chile, except at Free Port areas (Iquique and Patagonia). Homologation means that a particular make /model has not been imported to Chile before. In doing an homologation require an extensive paperwork. However we can see if a particular model already has been imported already and it is already homologated. Such is the case of the Super Tenere, which I bet it is already in.
Yes, you can import a 'non tagged plate bike ' to Chile, new of course with a bill of sale , only for nationalization and paying duties. As any regular import. Freight is very cheap from the U.S. and we know how to deal with Chilean Customs.
As for C.I.F. duties (cost of the vehicle + freight insurance cost + freight cost ) If the vehicle is American manufactured you are exempt of duties % and you pay only 19% tax (IVA) over the CIF (which is even considerable).

You cannot enter the bike (riding it) for import without tag. It's must be new and little miles (say 35 miles or so). You can enter a 2011 manufactured new bike too, but little or no miles.

Whatever you need from the U.S. let me know. By the way we are looking before September 2012 , for (10) KLR or DR 650s with decent miles for import and delivery in Bolivia. ANY interested rider let me know. It must be in good shape, decent miles and mechanically sound. We deal assuming U.S. blue book 'average' or 'less than average' cost.

GastonUSAChile screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 04:16 PM
Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #98
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjonesiu View Post
So I've sold my bike in PA today, got a new paper at Aduana saying I did so. Do I need anything else at the border whe leaving? Do I even show it?
Show them the paper you have got from Aduana if they ask for , I doubt it. But for your reassurance , call any OIRS custom office and ask them if you have to send them a copy. If you need assistance let me know and I talk to them. Yuo also can send me a copy of that paper and I help you out.
samericaxplorer[at]gmail.com

Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #99
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 6,899
Quote:
Guys,

Still we have space on our container leaving 3rd week of March 2012 from Santiago /Valparaiso to Los Angeles. Due March 14th for delivery in Santiago.

WE already have 7 bikes paid , and room for 3 -4 + bikes .

Let us know . Details on http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582
I'm quoting this as an example of spam. Why did this guy think he could pimp himself randomly?
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #100
Alcides
F800 GS Trophy

Oddometer: 20
Here again

Hi everyone, I am back again after sell my old F 650 GS Dakar 06 and buy a brand new F 800 GS Trophy model 2012.

I am getting use to this new machine and I am very exited about.

As you might know, I am in Ovalle, fourth region of Chile and anyone coming to this region just let me know.

I am planning to upload a web page called www.motoruta.cl in which I will be posting all the internal routes of Chile with Maps, GPS Tracks, good advices (restaurants, hotels, etc.) and much more, so I will keep you updated on this new project.

Big hug to all and hope to see you soon here or in other part of Chile.

Here is Lulu, my new girlfriend....

F800 GS Trophy 12
F650 GS Dakar 06
Alcides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #101
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Hey Alcides,
Sweet new bike you have there - for sure a good choice and loads of fun ahead - thanks for the link to your page and good luck with all the work on it - lookinf forward to see more.
Deff. give you a shout when in the area.
saludos from Pucon
Bernhard

[QUOTE=Alcides;18186874]Hi everyone, I am back again after sell my old F 650 GS Dakar 06 and buy a brand new F 800 GS Trophy model 2012.

I am getting use to this new machine and I am very exited about.

As you might know, I am in Ovalle, fourth region of Chile and anyone coming to this region just let me know.

I am planning to upload a web page called www.motoruta.cl in which I will be posting all the internal routes of Chile with Maps, GPS Tracks, good advices (restaurants, hotels, etc.) and much more, so I will keep you updated on this new project.

Big hug to all and hope to see you soon here or in other part of Chile.

ADV Riders in Chile
Old 03-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #102
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Pucon - Panguipulli - Pucon

here some nice Pictures from my short trip from Pucon to Panguipulli for lunch and back

Laguna Pullinque and Vulcan Villarrica in the back:

the Lava fields between Cońaripe and Lican Ray at Challupen bridge:

Lago Calafquen - South/East side:

ADV Riders in Chile
Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 AM   #103
Alcides
F800 GS Trophy

Oddometer: 20
Nice day... Strange for this season or not? Weather is changing everywere! Hope to go overthere sometime. Wonderfull landscapes!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?byvjm3

F800 GS Trophy 12
F650 GS Dakar 06
Alcides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #104
Acampao
WInd Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
Nice day... Strange for this season or not? Weather is changing everywere! Hope to go overthere sometime. Wonderfull landscapes!

---
Yeah, just don't go to Punta Arenas these days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8k-NuZ31VI
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #105
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Hey Alcides,
no actually not really - weather tends to be ok until mid april in this area - with some rainy days inbetween.
I hope thats not going to change as I am going to go on holidays on the bike for two weeks, starting next week.
Sure I am going to post some pic's as soon as I am back.
I love autum - here in this area, its not so hot, not so dusty and the colors and the light is just amazing for pictures.
Looking forward to that.
Cheers
Bernhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcides View Post

---

ADV Riders in Chile