User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #12481
d33t
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Hello again) Thanks to all!

Ladder106, you are right, it is really difficult to writing on non native language especially when really have not practice at all (i studied english at school and university but forget it quickly ) Now my writings is combined from my memory and what translator advises :)

nave, at now dr is fully disassembled and i can't post any intresting photos but later i'll do this :)

800rider, I'm from central region of Russia, about 300km to north from Moscow. It's a little difficult for me with my level of english to write such complex thing as "what is it like living there" :) But i can try to answer on questions if it is really intresting to you or somebody else. And if the short - this is my motherland and i love it (she?) :)

And little more photo of my DR, a more "live" as i think, but with poor quality, sorry:

d33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #12482
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Another way to lose weight easy is to use the 750 as the base bike, they are measured as weighing 15kg less than the 800 that extra pork is not an issue for road use but proper off-road very defiantly, I shouldn't say without weighing the bike but think the 750 may be down to about 175kgs by just stripping a few bits off and its noticeable lighter than the 800 and the 950ADV.

Regards little naves bike, that's awesome and it looks like he has spent truckloads on it

Cool to see the foot-down riding style which IMHO is how they ought to be ridden,
A couple of old favourites

Out of interest the 800 is best bike I've ever rider for balance on gravel where weight didn't seem to matter (and much better than 950ADV which just wants to bite you like a rabid dog )

MCmad screwed with this post 03-01-2012 at 12:39 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:37 AM   #12483
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 352
Hi 800rider,
if you plan on small mudifiction then the 750 is a better choice, but if you strip the bike down as i did, then the original higher wiegh of the 800 does not metter.
when you use only the engine and frame the 750 and 800 are the same... but the 800 frame is stronger.
the only resone i don't make my 800 look like a 750 is becouse i want to keep the the light wiegh DR650 acerbis gas tank.
i wish there was a plastic feul tank design for the 750.
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 AM   #12484
kyle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
little nave's mod of the gs screen is just BRILLIANT
kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #12485
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nave View Post
Hi 800rider,
if you plan on small mudifiction then the 750 is a better choice, but if you strip the bike down as i did, then the original higher wiegh of the 800 does not metter.
when you use only the engine and frame the 750 and 800 are the same... but the 800 frame is stronger.
the only resone i don't make my 800 look like a 750 is becouse i want to keep the the light wiegh DR650 acerbis gas tank.
i wish there was a plastic feul tank design for the 750.
Yer I think the 750 is a Nave cheater bike for the lazy

as much as I'd love to peel another 5-10 kgs of the old girl I want to keep the look and you just cant buy the looks I get from people at the dirt bike park when they say "are you really going to ride that thing here " priceless

MCmad screwed with this post 03-02-2012 at 12:35 AM
Old 03-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #12486
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33t View Post
Hello again) Thanks to all!

Ladder106, you are right, it is really difficult to writing on non native language especially when really have not practice at all (i studied english at school and university but forget it quickly ) Now my writings is combined from my memory and what translator advises :)

nave, at now dr is fully disassembled and i can't post any intresting photos but later i'll do this :)

800rider, I'm from central region of Russia, about 300km to north from Moscow. It's a little difficult for me with my level of english to write such complex thing as "what is it like living there" :) But i can try to answer on questions if it is really intresting to you or somebody else. And if the short - this is my motherland and i love it (she?) :)

And little more photo of my DR, a more "live" as i think, but with poor quality, sorry:

d, I recon your spelling and grammar is better than mine so so carry on

I know what its like to have to do things in a second language as when I was younger I lived in Brazil for 6 months and didnt think anyone understood but they mostly seemed to which may be how you feel also, but there no better way to learn than to just do it, your comments are point in case

Remember we what to see more of Russia so get those picture skills honed up please

infact was thinking it would be cool if we all could add a bit of culture and shows some pics we think are distinct to were we live (or there abouts
Old 03-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #12487
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33t View Post
hello again) thanks to all!

ladder106, you are right, it is really difficult to writing on non native language especially when really have not practice at all (i studied english at school and university but forget it quickly ) now my writings is combined from my memory and what translator advises :)

800rider, i'm from central region of russia, about 300km to north from moscow. It's a little difficult for me with my level of english to write such complex thing as "what is it like living there" :) but i can try to answer on questions if it is really intresting to you or somebody else. And if the short - this is my motherland and i love it (she?) :)

and little more photo of my dr, a more "live" as i think, but with poor quality, sorry:

А на ДР800.ру не регился еще? :) Заходи
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:54 AM   #12488
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Regarding to losing DRs weight:

As long as my belly rubs on the gas tanks the bike isn't too heavy

@800rider: Yeah, some background info's of the riders area would be great, I love to take a look over the rim of a tea cup (or rather a bottleneck instead of)

Cheers,
Lars
Resi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #12489
d33t
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
800rider: "...and shows some pics we think are distinct to were we live..." - here some "culture" photo as i think (sorry, but they without DR and you can see all of them through previous photos by clicking on it and traversing through album, only problem - is interface as i think). A little tip: if you click on photo, on it's page you can see label like "В другом размере", this is picture size changing link.

Some typical old city (about 900 years old). The city is Vologda (for those who want to find it on the map)

sometime you can see something like that (it's me on photo :) )

here different roadside views:

it's not offroad, it's normal roads :

and some misc photos:

Hope that i understood you correctly and you want to see such kind of photos. Anyway may be it can be intresting for somebody and i'm sorry if they not "fit" to thread theme
d33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #12490
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Nave, sorry guy, your mis-typing is just so great: mudification! You made my day!
Isn't this, what we do to our Bigs from time to time: cover it with mud.

I'm going to spend tomorrow at Stefan Hessler's training. He will tell and show us some wizzardry concerning service and repair of our Bigs. I'll meet about 25 or 30 friends from our German forum there, including Resi. Plus: I think (know!) we'll do some fast training-laps in the 500 cc-class this evening ...
Kind regards, Bambi
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #12491
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Nice swingarm!

I dont recognize it.. do you know which bike did it came from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nave View Post

Old 03-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #12492
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroka View Post
Nice swingarm!

I dont recognize it.. do you know which bike did it came from?
I think it's selfmade, isn't it?

@Bambi: 500cc weiss beer class, eh?

Semi-professional or top-fuel??

SCNR,
LarS

BTW: I'll come in tomorrow early morning, I don't like german autobahn on friday rush hour ;)
Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #12493
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,144
I was just about to ask same question :) it looks suspiciously custom :(
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #12494
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,827
Quote:
I'm going to spend tomorrow at Stefan Hessler's training. He will tell and show us some wizzardry concerning service and repair of our Bigs. I'll meet about 25 or 30 friends from our German forum there, including Resi.
That would be a Dream-Ride for me.

Envious

Please take the time to photograph and share what you learn...yes, even the little stuff.
Ladder106 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #12495
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Ray,

I'll do so ;) I'm one of the invited ones, so there will be enough paparazzi-time for me

Cheers,
Lars